Mos Class vs Marino Cheap Shot

BigBlue

41 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Only two pages so far on riderfans regarding this and its like 80% think its a mistake. Quotes of "the guy is a beast, hell be signing with another team like tonight, the hit on Collaros was nothing/Collaros is a baby, management gave in to peer pressure". F*** me i hate that fan base.

Yeah...clowns...if he such a beast his stats sure dont reflect it...

Going to be interesting to see all the apologist and "ticky tack hit on Zach" defenders go full rabid when Jones signs him up as an LOLks and he has one he'll of a homecoming on the 16th... can you ******* imagine the mental pretzels and cognitive dissonance feed back that will go on if marino starts "playing on the edge" and intentionally injures cofaj? 

kingsman-explode.gif

kings-man-mind-blowing.gif

VengefulSpectacularGar-max-1mb.gif

57 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Only two pages so far on riderfans regarding this and its like 80% think its a mistake. Quotes of "the guy is a beast, hell be signing with another team like tonight, the hit on Collaros was nothing/Collaros is a baby, management gave in to peer pressure". F*** me i hate that fan base.

I was reading them as well…. So delusional. Can’t wait until Jones picks him up and he takes Fajardos head off. That’ll change their tune pretty quick. 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I was reading them as well…. So delusional. Can’t wait until Jones picks him up and he takes Fajardos head off. That’ll change their tune pretty quick. 

That’d be the second best out come possible. The best being he’s banished for good and we never see or hear of him again. 

It will be interesting to hear if this was league driven or not. If the Riders did do this on their own they deserve some credit for only taking 5 weeks too long… I also expect that if the league wasn’t involved this is a perfect POS for Jones to sign. Week 18 could be the perfect week to rest Collaros before finishing the season against BC back to back. 

Highly doubt it was league driven...pretty much certain the league cant...or wont tell you that you have to cut a guy 

The Riders are scrambling big time and I think this was the sacrificial lamb to try and create the illusion that they have things under control and are doing things to right the ship..nothing more...and vet contracts being garuanteed...well Marino's likely piddly entry level contract wont impact them as much as the higher paid idiots like ****** William's.. Marshall...Edam...was an attempt to "send a message" as cheaply and as cowardly as possible...but really not changing anything there.

Saskatchewan Roughriders release defensive lineman Garrett Marino

By
 3Down Staff
 -
September 6, 2022
362FE6CD-5CBA-4E7A-8860-D6F7213316A6-696 Photo courtesy: CFL

The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released controversial defensive lineman Garrett Marino.

The six-foot-two, 290-pound defensive tackle was suspended for four games earlier this year after an illegal hit on Ottawa Redblacks’ quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, uttering racial language at Masoli, and an illegal hit on offensive lineman Dino Boyd. It was the longest suspension the CFL has ever imposed for in-game behaviour during a single contest.

“This behaviour has no place in our league,” said league commissioner Randy Ambrosie at the time. “This discipline is intended to send a strong message that it will not be tolerated.”

I’m going to play a fun game. I haven’t read RF yet so I’m going to predict who I think is acting like a drooling bozo before I go over there and have a look.

let me guess. Rileysrompers, bioben, maybe RDavidson hopping in making a bunch of weird comments full of puns … how far into the thread will someone make a “scared of Garrett Marino?” comment 

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m going to play a fun game. I haven’t read RF yet so I’m going to predict who I think is acting like a drooling bozo before I go over there and have a look.

let me guess. Rileysrompers, bioben, maybe RDavidson hopping in making a bunch of weird comments full of puns … how far into the thread will someone make a “scared of Garrett Marino?” comment 

I believe the scared comment was page 8….

edit…. It was page 4 by Bingo_Arms

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nailed it

10 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Collaros wasn't out of the play or thrown to the ground. Therefore 1 & 3 don't apply.

Collaros was doing a blind turn to the outside of the field to continue the play. If he didn't anticipate contact, that's on him.

If 1, 2 & 3 don't apply, then the first statement doesn't apply because of the WHO IS: at the end of the line.

He was blindsided, but blindsiding is a blocking penalty and he wasn't blocking anyone.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mlml1w1shgk66zc2c9

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

As much as I'm a lifelong Bombers fan and lifelong Riders hater, I don't actually want to see this happen as I don't want to see any player intentionally injured by a jackass like Marino, not even Cody - hopefully Marino never sees a single down in the CFL ever again. Having said that, it would be karma biting Saskatchewan on the ass once more 🙄.

Edited by CanuckGod

1 hour ago, Mike said:

9bee938830893e8b184fea3509171360.gif

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders cut that POS Marino this evening. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Highly doubt it was league driven...pretty much certain the league cant...or wont tell you that you have to cut a guy 

Booch, I rarely disagree with you, but this... there may not have not been any "moral-suasion" from the Ambroise's office, but there was a tidal wave of pressure mounting from every imaginable vector ...  perhaps not a word was formally said but those green people did not have a choice .... nothing worse than having a choice forced upon you ... and this is precedent setting for  years to come

Edited by BigBlue

47 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Booch, I rarely disagree with you, but this... there may not have not been any "moral-suasion" from the Ambroise's office, but there was a tidal wave of pressure mounting from every imaginable vector ...  perhaps not a word was formally said but those green people did not have a choice .... nothing worse than having a choice forced upon you ... and this is precedent setting for  years to come

We saw the pushback publicly from media & fans in July when Massoli was severely injured by Marino. The outrage his injury caused made the CFL give him the longest suspension in CFL history. Jeremiah Massoli & even his Mother called the CFL out for its relative inaction after his injury which was an embarassment for the league. The CFLPA even backed down defending Marino probably from seeing the public anger & advising him to not appeal the suspension.

You have to think that Randy Ambrosie on behalf of the BOG's saw the hit on Collaros & were very concerned about losing another qb or star player from this guy. With Massoli & Rourke out long term the CFL can't afford to lose any more star players like Collaros. It's pretty obvious that Marino didn't get the message after serving his suspension as he continued to be penalized.

I can't prove it but I think Jeremy O'Day got a call from the Commissioner telling him something needed to be done. No more Craig Dickenson defending Marino. No more coddling. No more saying he's being treated unfairly. Just a message from the Commissioner to do something & get it done now. Like I said, I'm no CFL Insider but I believe that's what happened.

Now the question is, will Chris Jones or any other team pick up Garrett Marino? Is he worth the distraction that no doubt will come with his signing? Would even Chris Jones want a giant headache like that on his team? Guess we'll see.

Rest in piss Marino. You were suspended for more games than you had sacks this season. Congrats! 

But seriously, nine tackles, one sack, four games suspended… and people are upset we released him? Lanier/Dabire/Christmas will easily mirror that production, and not attempt to injure the other team in the process. This is a win for the Riders to get that clown off the roster.

Edited by greenrider55