Mos Class vs Marino Cheap Shot

BigBlue

I felt Duke was highly over rated last year by the RIder faithful, and this year he is hell bent on proving me right. How is this guy worth 275k? Blows my mind.

How did the Riders keep his contract beyond the veteran cut off day. Should have cut their losses when they had the chance. Even without the discipline issues, and probably the poor leadership in the dressing room, what part of his play this year earns him the remainder of his contract? Just makes no sense. The guy is the 2nd highest paid non-QB in the league, is barely in the top 20 in receiving, has attitude and discipline issues, and isn't even the top producer on his own team? 275k? Wow...

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah he did absolutely nothing last year of note...yet they all chimed in that he was a "must" sign....and his production this year when he is able to play...has been way below his pay....not to mention the penalties..suspensions and the cancer he brings

But he fits so well into the team culture. FIFO Rider style?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah he did absolutely nothing last year of note...yet they all chimed in that he was a "must" sign....and his production this year when he is able to play...has been way below his pay....not to mention the penalties..suspensions and the cancer he brings

Last year it wasn't until the final couple games he made any impact. Obviously, the Riders felt he would break out this year after losing some weight. However, it should have been abundantly obvious by game 9 or whatever the vet cut down day is that this wasn't going to happen. They should have shed his contract and saved some cap.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

But he fits so well into the team culture. FIFO Rider style?

They definitely have their own locker room requirements for that don't they.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

You better not be talking about me! I am legit this miserable all the time.

What is actually being argued here? I am so confused. "It was illegal, but not for the reasons you think"?

TB is maintaining that this was a football play and legal. He was on about the OPI too earlier. He seems to take the pulse of the forum on any issue and just create cockamamie arguments against the flow of traffic. Must get his kicks from it or something.

Just now, GCn20 said:

TB is maintaining that this was a football play and legal. He was on about the OPI too earlier. He seems to take the pulse of the forum on any issue and just create cockamamie arguments against the flow of traffic. Must get his kicks from it or something.

same with the phantom WJ rouging the passer

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

same with the phantom WJ rouging the passer

About everything. Anything complimentary about the Bombers, or anything controversial, he takes the anti-Bomber tact. EVERY TIME. No one could possibly be that jaded or consistently see things so differently than everyone else for so many years. He's faithful to his shtick, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that is exactly what it is. I believe he is a Bomber fan who just gets his rocks off arguing against the masses.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Craziest thing about Duke and how they’ve dug their heels in for him is that he doesn’t even fit on their roster when all their receivers are healthy.  They are a worse team with him on the field.

They really don't need him at all now that Evans, Lenius and Moore are back in the lineup. Picton has even impressed as a Natl. now capable of starting, he's become their Wolitarsky.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What is actually being argued here? I am so confused. "It was illegal, but not for the reasons you think"?

Folks want it to be illegal, cuz Collaros got smoked by Moreno, so they're saying it's this rule or that rule. I'm saying it's not this rule or that rule, what else you got?

FTR: The only part of the UR rule that could be applied is: (w) Any other act of roughness or unfair play, provided it is not considered excessive enough to warrant disqualification.

It wasn't enough in the Refs opinion to warrant a penalty. I was more than enough in Bombers fans opinions that it was enough to warrant a penalty.

As for the OPI, I said right off the bat it was a penalty and that it wasn't going to be overturned. I also said, on the other site, that Rose embellished it like a soccer player, which I've got no problem with.

Edited by TBURGESS

25 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He knew exactly what the **** he was doing. Hitting a guy in a vulnerable position. That is his MO 

But according to one individual it’s Zach’s fault for turning into a blindside cheapshot 🙄 and the refs didn’t miss it, they just judged it no big deal and he’s ok with it?

But according to this same individual, in a previous game refs whistling dead an incomplete forward pass is ridiculous and outrageously unacceptable because it miiiight have been a fumble but only when you review it in ultra slow-mo riiiiiiiiight.

Cue the nonsense logiks and incorrigible missing-the-point response…..

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He knew exactly what the **** he was doing. Hitting a guy in a vulnerable position. That is his MO 

I’m thinking pretty confidently that you take the exact same play but take out Marino and Collaros and insert WJ and CF, we still know it’s a penalty and has no place in the game.

Yup...regardless of the players involved would be..and should be flagged...the only difference with your scenario is Fajardo would have rolled around and mad eit seem like he was shot....limped away...and then would have whined about it post game

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m thinking pretty confidently that you take the exact same play but take out Marino and Collaros and insert WJ and CF, we still know it’s a penalty and has no place in the game.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Folks want it to be illegal, cuz Collaros got smoked by Moreno, so they're saying it's this rule or that rule. I'm saying it's not this rule or that rule, what else you got?

FTR: The only part of the UR rule that could be applied is: (w) Any other act of roughness or unfair play, provided it is not considered excessive enough to warrant disqualification.

It wasn't enough in the Refs opinion to warrant a penalty. I was more than enough in Bombers fans opinions that it was enough to warrant a penalty.

As for the OPI, I said right off the bat it was a penalty and that it wasn't going to be overturned. I also said, on the other site, that Rose embellished it like a soccer player, which I've got no problem with.

You can't hit anyone away from the play, doesn't matter before-during-after play.  That is unnecessary roughness as I spelled out to you earlier.

Just use a bit of logic....you can barely hit a QB when he's holding the ball....do you think that hit on a QB seconds after he hands the ball off is legal in any circumstance?  It's not.  It wouldn't be legal for a DL to take a run at an OL and blindside him on the backside of the play.

Section U under the UR section:

1. Unnecessary physical contact, including but not limited to, running into, diving into, cut blocking or throwing the body on a player who is:
    1. out of the play, or
    2. should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead, or
    3. throwing a ball carrier to the ground after the ball is dead,
Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

But according to one individual it’s Zach’s fault for turning into a blindside cheapshot 🙄 and the refs didn’t miss it, they just judged it no big deal and he’s ok with it?

But according to this same individual, in a previous game refs whistling dead an incomplete forward pass is ridiculous and outrageously unacceptable because it miiiight have been a fumble but only when you review it in ultra slow-mo riiiiiiiiight.

Cue the nonsense logiks and incorrigible missing-the-point response…..

The refs didn't miss it. The CC didn't miss it. MOS said as much.

In the last game the Refs missed it. The CC didn't miss it, but they couldn't give the ball back to the right team. This week in another game, there was a maybe fumble. The Refs didn't blow it dead until after it was picked up. CC took a look and called it down by contact. That's the way it should have been done last week.

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You can't hit anyone away from the play, doesn't matter before-during-after play.  That is unnecessary roughness as I spelled out to you earlier.

Just use a bit of logic....you can barely hit a QB when he's holding the ball....do you think that hit on a QB seconds after he hands the ball off is legal in any circumstance?  It's not.  It wouldn't be legal for a DL to take a run at an OL and blindside him on the backside of the play.

Section U under the UR section:

1. Unnecessary physical contact, including but not limited to, running into, diving into, cut blocking or throwing the body on a player who is:
    1. out of the play, or
    2. should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead, or
    3. throwing a ball carrier to the ground after the ball is dead,

As I pointed out the last time. None of the 3 things happened, therefore it's not UR.

Not sure where you're getting the UR section from, but here's the rule from the 2022 rule book

Article 4 – Unnecessary Roughness

A player shall be penalized for any act of unnecessary roughness against an opponent, including but not limited to:
(a) Piling by a player who, in an unnecessarily rough manner, falls upon the ball carrier after the play has been terminated. Any player in possession of the ball,
who is on the ground without contact and is not attempting to advance the ball, may only be touched down and may not be contacted in any other manner,
(b) Contacting an opponent Out of Bounds in an unnecessarily rough manner,
(c) Contacting the passer in an unnecessarily rough manner (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 5),
(d) Unnecessary roughness against the punter, kicker or the ball holder on a place kick,
(e) Grasping an opponent’s face mask,
(f) Using the helmet to butt, ram, spear, or deliver a blow to an opponent who is in a vulnerable position, including but not limited to, a passer, a receiver in the
act of catching a pass, a ball carrier in the grasp of another tackler or a ball carrier on the playing surface not attempting to advance,
NOTE: The expanded definitions of butt, ram and spear are:
Butt: When a player suddenly and quickly moves their head to strike an opponent with their helmet or facemask.
Ram: When a player who is in motion and on their feet uses their helmet as the primary point of contact to deliver a blow to an opponent. If the facemask is the
initial point of contact on the opponent, it shall not be a penalty under this rule.
Spear: When a player uses the top of their helmet as the primary point of contact to deliver a blow to an opponent.
(g) Delivering a blow to an opponent in the neck or head,
(h) Delivering an unnecessary blow to the long snapper while they are in a vulnerable position and unable to protect them self,
(i) It shall be illegal to tackle around the head in the open field or use a straight arm tackle above the shoulders,
(j) Contacting the ball carrier lying motionless on the ground in an unnecessarily rough manner,
(k) Tackling an opponent by grabbing the inside collar of the side or back of the shoulder pads
, or jersey.
(l) Clipping (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 6),
(m) Crackback Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 7),
(o) Chop Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 8),
(p) Cut Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 9),
(q) Peel Back Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 10),
(r) Push Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 11),
(s) Blocking Below the Waist (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 12),
(t) Blindside Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 13),
(u) Leg Whips (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 14),
(v) Unnecessary physical contact, including but not limited to, running into, diving into, cut blocking or throwing the body on a player who is:
   (i) out of the play, or
   (ii) should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead, or
   (iii) throwing a ball carrier to the ground after the ball is dead,

(w) Any other act of roughness or unfair play, provided it is not considered excessive enough to warrant disqualification.

w is the only one that could be applied.