Mos Class vs Marino Cheap Shot

BigBlue

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Does the Pope poop in the woods? Is a bear Catholic?

Apparently some dude made it appear that if Collaros wasnt hurt, it shouldn’t be a penalty. Later the comment was clarified. 

bears do eat fish on fridays and the pope refers to his kaka as a log. 

Edited by Rod Black

On 2022-09-04 at 8:36 PM, Geebrr said:

Dude is dime a dozen nothing trash 

this...

On 2022-09-05 at 8:21 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Someone needs to take a stand on it.  Guy is a marginal player as an American.  Brings nothing positive to the league.  People pay to watch Collaros play, they aren’t there for Marino.

...and this...

The thing that blows my mind about the Riders insistence on keeping him around... Marion IS NOT EVEN THAT GOOD.... When the player is exceptional... you learn to live with some of the bad because of the good (see: Lawrence, Simoni).... but when a guy does more bad than good... I don't understand how you keep him on your roster

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

this...

...and this...

The thing that blows my mind about the Riders insistence on keeping him around... Marion IS NOT EVEN THAT GOOD.... When the player is exceptional... you learn to live with some of the bad because of the good (see: Lawrence, Simoni).... but when a guy does more bad than good... I don't understand how you keep him on your roster

Simon Lawrence should be run out too, but yes he is at least a better player.

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

A qb in the back field is always a passer too. Other wise they could hand off the ball and you could lay them out. 

of course mr contrarian thinks it’s clean lmao. 

Collaros, is not protected by RTP on a lateral or hand off. QB are tackled all the time after handing off on a great option fake. However, he is protected under the UR rules. In this case, there is zero doubt that Marino's hit was UR. If Collaros had squared off to him in an attempted block or something different story. The main thing about this hit was that Collaros had ended his commitment to the play, was in a vulnerable position and was blindsided.

Edited by GCn20

48 minutes ago, bearpants said:

this...

...and this...

Duke waves hi as well....waste of SMS and roster space

Edited by Booch

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Lawrence is a much, much better player. His dirtbag antics do compromise his talent but it's apples and oranges when compared to Marino.

Marino is a no-talent bum. Full stop. 

lawrence is good...and a difference maker....and he's moreso tarnished from dumb decisions and a bit of a reckless style of play...that being said he is not I dont think trying to inflict an injury, or has mental issues...other than he yaps incessantly..tho we have guys who do too...Marino is a whole diff level of P.O.S

22 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Look up "unnecessary roughness" in the rule book.

Intent is also part of the rule on misconduct penalties now.

Really the only contact allowed is to with the intent of blocking someone who is live in the play or tackling a ball carrier.

Pretty clear when Marino makes the choice to contact Collaros that he's both out of the play and should not have reasonably anticipated contact since he doesn't have the ball and is in no way executing a fake.  They certainly got it wrong, and didn't want to make a call to seal a win for a team in a rivalry game.

Section U under the UR section:

1. Unnecessary physical contact, including but not limited to, running into, diving into, cut blocking or throwing the body on a player who is:
    1. out of the play, or
    2. should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead, or
    3. throwing a ball carrier to the ground after the ball is dead,

Collaros wasn't out of the play or thrown to the ground. Therefore 1 & 3 don't apply.

Collaros was doing a blind turn to the outside of the field to continue the play. If he didn't anticipate contact, that's on him.

If 1, 2 & 3 don't apply, then the first statement doesn't apply because of the WHO IS: at the end of the line.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Collaros, is not protected by RTP on a lateral or hand off. QB are tackled all the time after handing off on a great option fake. However, he is protected under the UR rules. In this case, there is zero doubt that Marino's hit was UR. If Collaros had squared off to him in an attempted block or something different story. The main thing about this hit was that Collaros had ended his commitment to the play, was in a vulnerable position and was blindsided.

He was blindsided, but blindsiding is a blocking penalty and he wasn't blocking anyone.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Duke waves hi as well....waste of SMS and roster space

An absolute poison and a massive boat anchor holding the team back.  Any normal GM would of fired him a long time ago and use that money basically anywhere else.   A massive addition from substraction IMO.  

22 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Collaros wasn't out of the play or thrown to the ground. Therefore 1 & 3 don't apply.

Collaros was doing a blind turn to the outside of the field to continue the play. If he didn't anticipate contact, that's on him.

If 1, 2 & 3 don't apply, then the first statement doesn't apply because of the WHO IS: at the end of the line.

He was blindsided, but blindsiding is a blocking penalty and he wasn't blocking anyone.

??... Not even going to try to guess what kind of convoluted logic that is. A player does not have to actively engaged in a block to be blindsided or receive a crack back block....in fact most of the time they aren't. Neither of those are exclusive to blockers, not sure where you got that idea from? Any player on the field, engaged in the play or not, is protected by that rule. You are really grasping at straws now. Do you ever get tired of trying to be the contrarian....asking for a friend. It's one thing to play devil's advocate, but man you pick the dumbest arguments to do so.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bluto told me years ago that TBURGESS was a fan trolling from another fan base using a very well thought out and committed persona and I’m not saying it has to be true at this point, but it’s certainly got to be possible. 😂

not necessarily that they're fans of another team masquerading here, but I feel strongly the bolded is true of several people on here...

July 9th: Duke Williams discussing the Marino play on Masoli: “I’m going to tell him right from wrong because that’s my job”

July 16th: Duke Williams appears to throw helmet at Shaquille Richardson during warmups for 2022 Touchdown Atlantic game, also accused of spitting on Richardson

August 18th: Duke Williams fined for going into the stands to celebrate a touchdown

September 4th: Duke Williams penalized while not even in uniform, potentially costs his team a win

seems like someone needs to sit down with Duke and discuss his job responsibilities again 

I want to bring up Dickenson saying that his solution for the Duke Williams dumb penalty issue is for him to not allow any non dressed players to be on the sidelines? 

Wouldn't it make more sense to discipline the one single idiot rather then doing a weak blanket punishment? 

I would assume that having some of the vet players who are hurt on the sidelines can help provide insight , moral support,  and additional coaching to the guys who are new and who may need that help since they have never started before?    

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I want to bring up Dickenson saying that his solution for the Duke Williams dumb penalty issue is for him to not allow any non dressed players to be on the sidelines? 

Wouldn't it make more sense to discipline the one single idiot rather then doing a weak blanket punishment? 

I would assume that having some of the vet players who are hurt on the sidelines can help provide insight , moral support,  and additional coaching to the guys who are new and who may need that help since they have never started before?    

Dickenson probably thinks he's being smart since the next game is on the road and guys who aren't playing don't make the trip anyway.  It's another example of no-consequences lip service from him.  We'll see if that holds up for their next home game or not.

57 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

??... Not even going to try to guess what kind of convoluted logic that is. A player does not have to actively engaged in a block to be blindsided or receive a crack back block....in fact most of the time they aren't. Neither of those are exclusive to blockers, not sure where you got that idea from? Any player on the field, engaged in the play or not, is protected by that rule. You are really grasping at straws now. Do you ever get tired of trying to be the contrarian....asking for a friend. It's one thing to play devil's advocate, but man you pick the dumbest arguments to do so.

(t) Blindside Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 13

Article 13 – Blindside Blocking - Delivering a forcible block to an opponent while moving back towards their own dead ball line anywhere on the field.

It wasn't a block. It wasn't convoluted. It's black and white in the rules.

FTR: There is no Blindside without blocking in the rule book.

Edited by TBURGESS

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not necessarily that they're fans of another team masquerading here, but I feel strongly the bolded is true of several people on here...

You better not be talking about me! I am legit this miserable all the time.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

(t) Blindside Blocking (see Rule 7, Section 2, Article 13

Article 13 – Blindside Blocking - Delivering a forcible block to an opponent while moving back towards their own dead ball line anywhere on the field.

It wasn't a block. It wasn't convoluted. It's black and white in the rules.

FTR: There is no Blindside without blocking in the rule book.

What is actually being argued here? I am so confused. "It was illegal, but not for the reasons you think"?

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Collaros isn’t out of the play?

You ever see a tailback throw a 20 yard wide lateral to the QB who has his body turned away from the play side?

He’s out of the play as soon as Olivieira has the ball.

It’s pretty clear that Marino played his gap RE the Demski jet motion, saw the ball go the other way and took the shot at the QB blindside and not live for contact.

He’s almost protesting the flag he thinks he should get before he even makes the hit.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

July 9th: Duke Williams discussing the Marino play on Masoli: “I’m going to tell him right from wrong because that’s my job”

July 16th: Duke Williams appears to throw helmet at Shaquille Richardson during warmups for 2022 Touchdown Atlantic game, also accused of spitting on Richardson

August 18th: Duke Williams fined for going into the stands to celebrate a touchdown

September 4th: Duke Williams penalized while not even in uniform, potentially costs his team a win

seems like someone needs to sit down with Duke and discuss his job responsibilities again 

The irony of that is just too rich. You can't make up stuff better than that to assassinate his character as a football player. How can a team be so oblivious that so many of their locker room leaders are the problem. Any team led by the likes of Duke, or Marshall, is going to have discipline problems. It just stands to reason.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Craziest thing about Duke and how they’ve dug their heels in for him is that he doesn’t even fit on their roster when all their receivers are healthy.  They are a worse team with him on the field.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Collaros isn’t out of the play?

You ever see a tailback throw a 20 yard wide lateral to the QB who has his body turned away from the play side?

He’s out of the play as soon as Olivieira has the ball.

It’s pretty clear that Marino played his gap RE the Demski jet motion, saw the ball go the other way and took the shot at the QB blindside and not live for contact.

He’s almost protesting the flag he thinks he should get before he even makes the hit.

And If Marino is any type of decent player and has any football sense his arms needed to wrap around Collaros to keep him up as they met and immediately let him go not bull rush him in a vulnerable position and put his arms up like every guilty player does after an obvious infraction.