Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

Does lirim punt? I didn't think so. Leggs does so either way... he's here. 

If leggs struggles bring in lirim to kick fgs and leggs to punt  

But I'm not really sure lirim is an upgrade on leggs all things considered 

I don't think there's a kicker available who I'd feel fully comfortable with regardless. You know medock even missed a FG from time to time and once in the cup final. 

What this discussion tells me Is we need our O to score more TDs and Collaros needs to protect the ball better... quite a few fumbles the last few games... 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't think there's a kicker available who I'd feel fully comfortable with regardless. You know medock even missed a FG from time to time and once in the cup final. 

What this discussion tells me Is we need our O to score more TDs. 

Yes Hajrullahu punts. He did every season that he was in the CFL.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yes Hajrullahu punts. He did every season that he was in the CFL.

Better than Legghio? cuz dudes doing all 3 quite well and has only missed 4 kicks all season 

We ran lirim out of town once. In 5 years are we gonna wanna bring leggs back too? Does he have to bounce around a bunch and fail at nfl chances first? 

I'd be interested in lirim tho if he sins 2 years  

1 year? Why bother, cuz then next season it's the same? 

Maybe try developing our own guy? 4 misses 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Better than Legghio cuz dudes doing all 3 quite well and has only missed 4 kicks all season 

Clearly Hajrullahu is the better kicker, i dont think that can be debated. He's proven over many years in the CFL and has been on numerous teams in the NFL. No one is saying Liegghio is trash and needs to be cut. The people who would like Walters to kick the tires on Hajrullahu are the people who dont want our season to end on a missed 36 yard field goal. Something Liegghio hasnt proven he can successfully convert when the chips are down and the pressure is on.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Better than Legghio? cuz dudes doing all 3 quite well and has only missed 4 kicks all season 

We ran lirim out of town once. In 5 years are we gonna wanna bring leggs back too? Does he have to bounce around a bunch and fail at nfl chances first? 

I'd be interested in lirim tho if he sins 2 years  

1 year? Why bother, cuz then next season it's the same? 

Maybe try developing our own guy? 4 misses 

Three-peat is why Walters would bother. Next season Liegghio will have another year under his belt and keeps developing.

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What this discussion tells me Is we need our O to score more TDs and Collaros needs to protect the ball better... quite a few fumbles the last few games... 

Yeah if the O scores 3 TD's a game instead of 2 Legghio is just a punt and kickoff guy.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Clearly Hajrullahu is the better kicker, i dont think that can be debated. He's proven over many years in the CFL and has been on numerous teams in the NFL. No one is saying Liegghio is trash and needs to be cut. The people who would like Walters to kick the tires on Hajrullahu are the people who dont want our season to end on a missed 36 yard field goal. Something Liegghio hasnt proven he can successfully convert when the chips are down and the pressure is on.

except of course...Leggs has hit games winners this year and last yr. Hajrullahu has also missed kicks during his career.

We're really getting into a "kickers need to be perfect to be acceptable" area. And that's just never going to be the case. Leggs is young. He's not going anywhere. People really need to just get over it.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

except of course...Leggs has hit games winners this year and last yr. Hajrullahu has also missed kicks during his career.

We're really getting into a "kickers need to be perfect to be acceptable" area. And that's just never going to be the case. Leggs is young. He's not going anywhere. People really need to just get over it.

They dont need to be perfect but they need to be damn near perfect inside 40 yards. Missing two in the same game in pressure situations is a red flag. No one is saying Liegghio needs to go. Some people just want insurance bought in. Hell, its something Walters already did last year.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I mean if you're range is really only 40-45 in you better damn well hit 90% or better.  Liegghio's worst 10 yard segment is 30-39 and if he wants to continue kicking balls for a living he needs to fix that.

The Bombers are patient to a point but missing two kicks in a game again like that will relegate him to punting again.

14 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lol, how can you say with a straight face that Liegghio is currently a better kicker than Hajrullahu. I mean, common. My glasses are blue too but thats craziness.

I didn't. But you're wrong that it can't be debated. And also, what has Arugala done that makes you think he's great? Aside from getting cut in the NFL over and over again. 

Edited by Noeller

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't. But you're wrong that it can't be debated. And also, what has Arugala done that makes you think he's great? Aside from getting cut in the NFL over and over again. 

Consistency obviously and the ability to kick under pressure having "been there, done that" in virtually every situation, including kicking in the most elite league in the world.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

When was the last time he did anything consistently other than get cut? 

HAM 18 47 55 85.5 56 26 28 167

2019...was 47 of 55 with longest of 56...made 26 of 28 converts....also averaged 43.1 yards on 106 punts....his last actual full season of play

43 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think we are demanding perfection. 

I think it was how bad that kick was and the failed attempt at a redemption kick. He's mentally weak. Legg's needs seasoning still- but if we have a game-winning kick in Grey Cup with 6 seconds left on the clock to either win or lose- I would want Liram over Leggs kicking that ball.

27 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I don't think we are demanding perfection. 

I think it was how bad that kick was and the failed attempt at a redemption kick. He's mentally weak. Legg's needs seasoning still- but if we have a game-winning kick in Grey Cup with 6 seconds left on the clock to either win or lose- I would want Liram over Leggs kicking that ball.

well you're not going to get what you want.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean if you're range is really only 40-45 in you better damn well hit 90% or better.  Liegghio's worst 10 yard segment is 30-39 and if he wants to continue kicking balls for a living he needs to fix that.

The Bombers are patient to a point but missing two kicks in a game again like that will relegate him to punting again.

which...he has been of course.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

well you're not going to get what you want.

I understand that this is not a santa's wish list forum... I was just stating what I would... ah, forget it- not going to to get sucked in.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

which...he has been of course.

Until he didn't. Those misses also cost us a win. 

yup....the kick cost us one win....if it happens again yup...concerned....3 times....then yes u have to address it

That being said...that game should never have came down to that...kick to win...then kick to tie...the whole team layed an egg that game, and I attribute to a culmination of the season to date...wash it away...move on....and Like Bailey said....win as a team...lose as a team...that moment is not gonna define the season, and if it does...well then this team doesn't deserve any future success as it would basically cement them as a weak bunch...a team of Faj's...which we are not led by a Schmuck like Diclesson or Lapo...which again...thank god we are not