Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

Yeah I think Alford could play corner or nickel and do well at either.

Arthur Smith would love coaching Canadian football with how he switches formations.  Dangerous in American football without the motion and everyone having to reset before snap.

Just now, Mark F said:

atlanta qb 15 reminds me of faj

Yeah one of the top recruits 5 star coming out of high school.  All the tools but no passing skills.

sounds like alford is in. very nice.

streveller makes the games interesting, after such a yawner before he went in.

good game after all.

I remember saleh d coach fortyniners, man that defence was ferocious. even with many starters hurt.

Edited by Mark F

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

this broadcast team is good.

Really? I thought the broadcasting was garbage. Strevlers first and 2nd possession they are yammering on to players whove made the roster.

That's fine. Then they kept wanting to call him " the qb " . Then they could have mentioned when talking about Alford and strev at the same time where they came from previously ( maybe I'm being a homer here ) 

Then when talking about cut-down they mention the xfl and usfl but no cfl. "Cmon man". These guys came from the CFL

Anyway, another good night from strev.  I thought his interception was really close to a completion and had it not been pissing rain it probably would have been. Hope he makes the roster

Good for Alford. But damn wish these Americans would atleast recognize the cfl exists 

was alford our best defensive back over the last two seasons? 

will some of the other guys be getting a chance now?

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Jets coach at podium says 10 of 11 passes by Streveler were perfect...overall performance "near perfection."

you know ten times what I do, but I think you might be shortchanging strev a bit...

think Streveller has taken a big step up as a passing qb.  all his passes were on target, not too fast, not too slow, he looked like he understood what was going on on defence, which maybe he struggled with a bit while here. ie game has slowed down for him.

even the one that was picked off, running, rainy, still quite catcheable.

we know hes been working his butt off.... it shows. and with a coach that has a better idea what plays he can do best. 

Edited by Mark F

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah I think Alford could play corner or nickel and do well at either.

Arthur Smith would love coaching Canadian football with how he switches formations.  Dangerous in American football without the motion and everyone having to reset before snap.

Yeah one of the top recruits 5 star coming out of high school.  All the tools but no passing skills.

It is amazing how many top recruits don't live up to that hype.