Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm absolutely terrified of him having a bad day tomorrow.... 

The game will be what the game is. My only fear is getting home after; now that we moved more than twice as far away from the stadium as we were. Friday morning is going to suck after not getting home until close to 1am. 

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah because the previous career long of 52 he set as a rookie was nothing.

It's not one game of misadventures.  He lost the job last year because he wasn't reliable on converts and he's missed 4 of those this year with overall consistent struggles in that 30-40 range, and has no range to 50.

He's the best we have right now, and for me he's well down the list of reasons why the last game was lost, but to suggest that position couldn't be upgraded is to distort reality.

Nope.  He career long was multiple 52 yarders back to his rookie year.  

I think the very first kick he ever made was 52 yards.

56 minutes ago, Mark F said:

that is a nice place to live. 

Tomorrow will be 1 week that we've been here, the only drawback I have found so far is leaving to go work in the city. If this forum had an easy way of sharing images I would show you my view this morning, let's just say watching the fog burn of the creek as the sun rises behind you is a decent way to start the day.

(Actually figured out that you can share on Facebook and then insert the image here.)

300345386_10159867363065491_579236592756

38 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Tomorrow will be 1 week that we've been here, the only drawback I have found so far is leaving to go work in the city. If this forum had an easy way of sharing images I would show you my view this morning, let's just say watching the fog burn of the creek as the sun rises behind you is a decent way to start the day.

(Actually figured out that you can share on Facebook and then insert the image here.)

Pretty sweet. I moved out to cottage country full time on the border last year, absolutely right it is a nice way to start each day. 

Safe travels today. 

42 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

A word of advice: When living in Winnipeg Beach and had to travel to Winnipeg during the time when the lake was not fully frozen and lake effect was dumping snow onto the west side of the lake, highway 8 was usually less snow/ice covered. And there is a decent auto repair shop in Clandeboye.

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A word of advice: When living in Winnipeg Beach and had to travel to Winnipeg during the time when the lake was not fully frozen and lake effect was dumping snow onto the west side of the lake, highway 8 was usually less snow/ice covered. And there is a decent auto repair shop in Clandeboye.

We have a previous stint in Selkirk to draw from, HWY 8 is always my preference. If I need car work done out here I will see Terry at the Petersfield Garage, but I appreciate the input. Always good to know who's in the 'hood.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

We have a previous stint in Selkirk to draw from, HWY 8 is always my preference. If I need car work done out here I will see Terry at the Petersfield Garage, but I appreciate the input. Always good to know who's in the 'hood.

Brain cramp- I meant Petersfield.

20 hours ago, Stickem said:

Got to say.....Mourtada waiting in the wings.....I'm for giving every break we can give Leggs and continuing with him ...BUT IF BIG IF things go sideways for Leggs , (and I hope I haven't jinxed the kid) I'd feel a whole lot better with Lirim in the wings than Mourtada

Lirim isn’t waiting in the wings for any one in the cfl. He’s not coming to the cfl for top kicker pay. And bringing in a guy like that is a death blow to a younger guy that’s been doing the job. 

you do not mess with kickers heads. You don’t bring in guys lightly. 

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Lirim isn’t waiting in the wings for any one in the cfl. He’s not coming to the cfl for top kicker pay. And bringing in a guy like that is a death blow to a younger guy that’s been doing the job. 

We already did it last year.

He's improved and I expect him to continue to improve - regardless of if we're able to bring in a ringer this year.

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Fantastic area, one of the great gems in the province. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

10 minutes, give or take. We're on road 90 north 

My wife's family built one of the original cottages on Grand Circle and we had hoped to build a year round place on that lot. Unfortunately it was too flood prone and the cost of mitigation made it not feasible. We always knew we would be here sometime but figured it wouldn't be until retirement. With the pandemic and more companies being open to WFH we've been able to make it a reality now. We weren't seriously looking but the right place came up and here we are. Very thankful and lucky that we were able to pull it off, buying this one, selling ours, moving and surrendering possession of ours all in under 8 weeks.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Well if he wants to get paid he will.....as it standss now, and has for most this yr, he not making any pay....you dont get paid to attend a camp...and tryout all over the map....so waiting around "hoping" isn't gonna make him any money