Back 2 Back CHAMPS vs Stamps early chat

Nolby

Well, Demki back.

Could we see McCrae used more in the run game tomorrow?

Just now, Noeller said:

Hopefully Demski can produce more than he had before the injury. Could really use a weapon this week... 

It was tough. The game they started using him like they should have been is the one he got injured in.

Let's hope it continues right where he left off.

Edited by Jesse
spelling

Just now, Brandon said:

Are some of the Stamps recovering from COVID or was it something else?   If it was COVID even if they do come back to play... I can't imagine they'd be at 100% and I would imagine they would have far less energy then normal. 

Seems like all the key guys are back.

Probably the deepest roster we've dressed this season.

Concerns:

-Have a better plan to integrate Harrison, McCrae into the offense.  Not sure we want Grant to play as many snaps on O as he did last week.  I'd guess that one of Harrison or McCrae are the non-DI import back up as we're like locked into 5 Canadians on O and 2 on D.  Use these guys.  Harrison is one of those big bodied receivers that usually jive well with Collaros who can get the ball out to them.  If Demski and Wolitarsky are on the field McCrae is an easy sub.

-Briggs back is a big one.  We have lots of great Canadian role players on D.  This will be crucial with how thin the secondary is....it has been all season.  Would not be surprised to see one of Briggs, Gauthier, Maruo out there almost every down.  Bighill is going to likely play some "safety" in two high looks when we drop 8-9 out.  This is key to beating BLM especially with his reduced mobility...get a bit of pressure to move him off his spot but don't give the routes downfield any space.

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting to see what that Brian Cole brings...6'-2"....210 pounds....runs a 4.5 forty so should be a good sideline to sideline guy...

Yeah college safety.  Imagine he'll have a lot of utility in a Richie Hall D.

I think we'll see a lot of 30 fronts vs BLM with the DL and LB's just cycling through to stay fresh.  Let him guess where the pressure is going to come from but drop 8-9 pretty consistently to make sure he's on his mark.  Not worried about him doing anything outside the pocket anymore.

Yeah it's really hard (and usually just a bad idea) to send more than 5 guys at Bo, he can read a Defense quickly and his release is quick as well. Gotta get pressure with 4 ideally. Stopping Carey is probably priority #1 though.

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Are some of the Stamps recovering from COVID or was it something else?   If it was COVID even if they do come back to play... I can't imagine they'd be at 100% and I would imagine they would have far less energy then normal. 

It depends I guess. Having covid doesn't mean you were down and out. Could have been a minor head cold for them and they just were told to stay away until they test negative.

31 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah college safety.  Imagine he'll have a lot of utility in a Richie Hall D.

I think we'll see a lot of 30 fronts vs BLM with the DL and LB's just cycling through to stay fresh.  Let him guess where the pressure is going to come from but drop 8-9 pretty consistently to make sure he's on his mark.  Not worried about him doing anything outside the pocket anymore.

we dropped off a lot of guys last game...and really affected BLM....could we see more of the same...or are we gonna throw a curve this game and bring the house often?....be interesting

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Thompson out may cause issues...and still no Jeffcoat...though been watching Wilcots III and like what I see...he def draws attention and comes off the edge pretty good...

I think the Wilcots we have is the 2.0 version.  3.0 is still in progress lol...

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

we dropped off a lot of guys last game...and really affected BLM....could we see more of the same...or are we gonna throw a curve this game and bring the house often?....be interesting

I don't think we can rely on the Stamps receivers handing our DB's the ball like last game, need to step up on offence this game.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

DT and Brown were talking on the pregame show last time the bombers played CGY. Bo is at his best when teams blitz him, stats wise. I hope we just change up where the pressure is coming from but never send more than 5.

Edited by Bigblue204

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

don't think we can rely on the Stamps receivers handing our DB's the ball like last game, need to step up on offence this game.

Don't buy into that mentality that the Stamps handed us the game. Our DB's dropped as many balls as their receivers. Stamps were lucky to be in that game last time. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't buy into that mentality that the Stamps handed us the game. Our DB's dropped as many balls as their receivers. Stamps were lucky to be in that game last time. 

they also cant rely on us fumbling a punt in the redzone, and a botched punt as well this game...the main reason they got bulk of their points....they should have got trounced....we kinda laid an egg and still won...that wont happen again

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lovely

If nick is good to go he’s an upgrade. 

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Might see Grant and Demski running a cross the field in opposite directions. Defense has to cover sideline to sideline

I fully expect to see both utilized in mesh concept. We don’t run it as tight as most college teams do but can’t blame them for making better use of space on the field here. 

Id love to see a sweep with reverse motion. Really force defenses to stay in their lane.