Back 2 Back CHAMPS vs Stamps early chat

Nolby

6 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Was gonna say… obviously not looking past the Stamps but the game after is on a Thursday… in Montreal

wtfh did the schedule maker also have a W shaped pin cushion to hold as much bad juju as possible 🤬

They just tryin to give all the other teams a chance at beating the Bombers. Not working so far. 

As someone who had had to craft schedules for various amateur leagues in my life, it’s hardly as straightforward as one would think. One team in an odd-numbered league will always get the first week off, one will always get the last week off, and saying “every team should get every 7th week off” is nice in theory but almost impossible to pull of in practice, unless one wants the dreaded back-to-backs pretty much all the time. Then factor in the balance of home-road contests so a team isn’t playing nine in a row on the road, and having to accommodate every team’s tenancy issues (BC, Winnipeg, and Toronto are all teams who share their stadium with soccer teams, would not surprise me if a bunch of the others do too) and other issues like conflicting dates for things like concerts, trade shows, etc. as well as accommodating the league broadcaster and it’s scheduling, and it can get complicated pretty quickly. People quick to criticize the schedule-maker should try it themselves if they think it is so simple, you would likely be surprised. 

Ad for those who say the schedule-makers are trying to stack the deck against the Bombers just to keep things balanced and give the rest of the league an advantage to beat them, well there’s a reason the eye roll emoji has now been added to the site. Take the foil hats off for a moment. 

22 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

As someone who had had to craft schedules for various amateur leagues in my life, it’s hardly as straightforward as one would think. One team in an odd-numbered league will always get the first week off, one will always get the last week off, and saying “every team should get every 7th week off” is nice in theory but almost impossible to pull of in practice, unless one wants the dreaded back-to-backs pretty much all the time. Then factor in the balance of home-road contests so a team isn’t playing nine in a row on the road, and having to accommodate every team’s tenancy issues (BC, Winnipeg, and Toronto are all teams who share their stadium with soccer teams, would not surprise me if a bunch of the others do too) and other issues like conflicting dates for things like concerts, trade shows, etc. as well as accommodating the league broadcaster and it’s scheduling, and it can get complicated pretty quickly. People quick to criticize the schedule-maker should try it themselves if they think it is so simple, you would likely be surprised. 

Ad for those who say the schedule-makers are trying to stack the deck against the Bombers just to keep things balanced and give the rest of the league an advantage to beat them, well there’s a reason the eye roll emoji has now been added to the site. Take the foil hats off for a moment. 

Still no excuses for 2 byes for some teams and not a single one for others.    Sounds like half ass scheduling which falls in line with the half ass everything else the league does.  

I don't really have any huge complaints about the schedule... it would be nice to have a bye right about now... but I look at it this way... if the Bombers make it to week 11 at 9-1 or even 8-2... then we're on to the home stretch with three byes and really needing to only go 5-3 or 4-4 to likely secure first place... Hopefully they make it through these next three games with a couple wins and relatively healthy... and then Bombers are laughing for the second half of the year gearing up for a three-peat. 

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the guys we want, are still on the sidelines..... the guys we don't want? Healthy as a horse...

why tho?...Brown been doing just fine...why mess up Legs with converts and field goals with Mancuso doing it....With Prukop holding he bobbled several screwing with Leggs timing...also dropped one...tho he did get a first down...Brown will come in anyway if ZC gets hurt...keep that salary savings on the 6 again...or trade or cut him....i see no use for him here now...if he back on roster Friday thats just another one of Osh's puzzling roster moves....his one fault...he does some dumb things...or pointless things

Edited by Booch

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

why tho?...Brown been doing just fine...why mess up Legs with converts and field goals with Mancuso doing it....With Prukop holding he bobbled several screwing with Leggs timing...also dropped one...tho he did get a first down...Brown will come in anyway if ZC gets hurt...keep that salary savings on the 6 again...or trade or cut him....i see no use for him here now...if he back on roster Friday thats just another one of Osh's puzzling roster moves....his one fault...he does some dumb things...or pointless things

The only thing that makes sense is if they have kind of 2 qbs on the field thing they have in the playbook. But even that seems a ridiculous reason to put a useless *** like that on the field.

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I was one of those who was saying it, but it was clearly in jest.  That being said...

Tin foil hat - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Jeffcoat not even dressed? Yikes.

practicing naked, interesting concept the Bombers are trying out this year.

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nobody cares that making a schedule for your dodgeball league is hard. This is a professional sports league where people can lose their livelihoods based on things like a win-loss record. Having such a slanted schedule for certain teams shouldn’t be acceptable and saying “it’s hard” isn’t an excuse.

Professional football teams should never be playing 3 games in 12 days. Period. BC gets their last bye two weeks after we get our first. That shouldn’t be acceptable for either team. Look at how many teams play the last game of the week off a bye. It’s a joke.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nobody cares that making a schedule for your dodgeball league is hard. This is a professional sports league where people can lose their livelihoods based on things like a win-loss record. Having such a slanted schedule for certain teams shouldn’t be acceptable and saying “it’s hard” isn’t an excuse.

Professional football teams should never be playing 3 games in 12 days. Period. BC gets their last bye two weeks after we get our first. That shouldn’t be acceptable for either team. Look at how many teams play the last game of the week off a bye. It’s a joke.

I believe through the first 6- 9 weeks that every single team should of already had at least 1 bye,they need to keep these bye weeks consistent every single year. I understand covid has played a serious role in messing this up but how has every team in the east plus two teams in the West have already had bye weeks and we're still chugging along?? We set ourselves up very nicely for late bye weeks,could even be beneficial for us but they need consistency.

Edited by Nolby