Back 2 Back CHAMPS vs Stamps early chat

Nolby

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We need a bye week in the worst way, but still have this brutal game at McMahon, and then a home and home with the Larks. Super tough stretch here before we get a break...

There’s 21 weeks in the season and we don’t get our first bud until week 11, like ideally for safety reasons each team should get one every 7 weeks of the season, pretty crazy considering we played our 3 games in 12 day stretch and still have to play several weeks until a bye week. Not very well managed by the league. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We need a bye week in the worst way, but still have this brutal game at McMahon, and then a home and home with the Larks. Super tough stretch here before we get a break...

Our bye week is deep into the season but that's a solid time for us (due to our record) to rest some players here and there for the playoffs. Sask and BC have already had their first couple of bye weeks,gonna be real rough for the Riders the rest of the way,BC may get bogged down too.

16 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

There’s 21 weeks in the season and we don’t get our first bud until week 11, like ideally for safety reasons each team should get one every 7 weeks of the season, pretty crazy considering we played our 3 games in 12 day stretch and still have to play several weeks until a bye week. Not very well managed by the league. 

Well this is a first

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

certain Jeffcoat and Ellingson will be back and just fine....I think it was an executive decision that the Elks game was best chance to sit a few guys to rest, without huge recourse...I pretty sure if the game had big significance in the standings, both would have played

Demski has been off over a month now already. Would really be nice to see him this week against Calgary. Gonna need everyone we can get.

Demski has sat 4....2 more and he is off the books....I'm thinking he sits there till that time and am fine with it....I'd like to see us tho utilize the imports we added to the roster, cause if we aren't then add a big Dtackle or another import linebacker, or DB.....Mcrae barely saw the field, and even when Agudosi went down, we had a 6'-4" replacement waiting on the sidelines...waiting......waiting....like wtf?!?!...we even dress him/...or give him a chance when our offence was doing jack squat....couldn't have done any worse

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Also speaking of the stupidity I’m looking online and 3 teams have had 2 bye  weeks already, 3 teams have had 1 bye week, and 3 teams have had ZERO bye weeks. This is so bush league and ridiculous.

Anyways back to the game.. I certainly respect Calgary, I think they’re a well coached team, it’s always a tough game against Calgary, it’s one of those games that can go either way. Would love to get a W on the road but wouldn’t be surprised if we get our first loss of the season. I think it should be a good game regardless. 

14 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Also speaking of the stupidity I’m looking online and 3 teams have had 2 bye  weeks already, 3 teams have had 1 bye week, and 3 teams have had ZERO bye weeks. This is so bush league and ridiculous.

The CFL realized after last season that all the other teams require some sort of advantage against the Bombers.  And even with that they still can't beat us.  What's next?  Mandating that we run every offensive play in the Wildcat?  Is this like the Oilers in the 1980's that had the rest of the league freaking out because no one could come close?

Also - I wonder if the team in 1960 had to deal with this kind of schedule?  I highly doubt it.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

38 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

They were probably eating lobster tail...while making it.

Definitely the game to be concerned about for obvious reasons - Calgary is coming off a bye, and we're banged up. Calgary has also been very good running the ball and did so against us a few weeks back. Our front 7 is going to need to have their best effort of the year, and we're going to need long, sustained drives as well.

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

It is ridiculous that we are playing 10 weeks without a bye 😂

Also the second short week in a month. 

if the Bombers go 10 and 0 in this stretch it will be forever known as "10 of the best weeks of my life" lol.  I used to get in such bad moods on Mondays if we lost.  So far I've forgotten what that even feels like....me likes it.

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if the Bombers go 10 and 0 in this stretch it will be forever known as "10 of the best weeks of my life" lol.  I used to get in such bad moods on Mondays if we lost.  So far I've forgotten what that even feels like....me likes it.

As the cars once sung "let the good times roll"

7 hours ago, Geebrr said:

It is ridiculous that we are playing 10 weeks without a bye 😂

Also the second short week in a month. 

Was gonna say… obviously not looking past the Stamps but the game after is on a Thursday… in Montreal

wtfh did the schedule maker also have a W shaped pin cushion to hold as much bad juju as possible 🤬

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Wtf CFL