Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Lol right? I keep getting these horrid articles by these outlier wanna be 3dn pages that don't seem to have even a basic understanding of how Canadian football works. Maybe its a good sign that media for the cfl is growing, people are rejecting TSN and the tripe on cfl.ca. 

Hes due for a big game. Hasn't seen a lot of balls but hasn't struggled like early last year either. 

YUP...When a play needs to be made when ball comes his way...he makes it...and his blocking again this yr has been on point

Just now, Booch said:

YUP...When a play needs to be made when ball comes his way...he makes it...and his blocking again this yr has been on point

Darvin adams was the guy who set the tone for wrs on this team for a long time. He is a large part of why we had soo many great blocking wrs the past two years especially.  This year it's taken a noticeable step back. Ellingson is kind of soft on blocks, and schoen is still very new. But being such a great vocal leader I expect Bailey will be the guy who takes that over and elevates the other wrs blocking as the year wares on.  It takes time for guys to buy in, especially a successful vet like ellingson. But it'll happen. 

Even last year we would frequently take woli and adams off in heavy sets but bailey was on at every chance to block. 

I'm sure buck and collaros will be looking to get bailey more involved in the offense as things progress. Duke has taken over as the new no1, and teams have been sleeping hard on schoen. As teams adjust to them, bailey will see more action. 

20 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Anyone have insight in the construction on Pembina? I hear it is down to one lane near the University? South or North? Trying to plan my route, can use either Bishop (when will this road have a new name)  or the Perimeter. 

Pembina was slow, Bishop would take you around the construction (as long as there isn’t more construction on Bishop, lol).

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

we need a support group for people like us....

I was telling my kids about the game and daddies favourite place to go for ice cream and my wife said we should go to Winnipeg this year. Great woman. I don't love the idea of travelling right now. Flying, anyway. 

Just now, White Out said:

I was telling my kids about the game and daddies favourite place to go for ice cream and my wife said we should go to Winnipeg this year. Great woman. I don't love the idea of travelling right now. Flying, anyway. 

I've been a couple times.... it's fine. Mandatory masks helps a ton. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Even last year we would frequently take woli and adams off in heavy sets but bailey was on at every chance to block.

I've been rooting hard for Bailey ever since I saw him pancake a ticat DE on the first Harris TD in the 2019 Grey Cup.

re social media, I've been surprised at how decent CFL reddit has been.  it won't replace MBB any time but there's worthwhile stuff there.  typical reddit thing, there's lots of dummies alongside some good posters.