Week 5: Non Champs Games

Noeller

We know the drill. Two game suspension will be announced. Tough guy Garrett Marino appeals with the full help of the CFLPA. Plays while the suspension goes to arbitration. Then suspension is overturned or upheld. Marino gets at most two games. Masoli gets the rest of the season because of his injuries. RedBlacks season down the tubes. LaPo gets fired all because of a thug named Garrett Marino. What a joke of a system we have. 

The scary part is that could be Collaros next. Or Rourke. Or Bo Levi Mitchell. Or any of the other starting qbs in the league. No one comes to watch Marino play. They do come to watch Jeremiah Massoli. Not that assclown. I'm sure Vince McMahon will be calling his agent after that sad performance as the Ottawa qb lay on the ground injured. 

I usually have the lowest opinion imaginable about RiderFans, but outside of a few people there, at least this time it seems they also think what Marino did was horsesh!t (and rightfully so). TBF, some of them are also playing the "what about" game with the earlier hit to Robertson, but at least there are some people who aren't completely blinded by homer-ism to see that this kind of dirty crap shouldn't be excused at any time, so I'll give them that much.

Edited by CanuckGod

Imo 6 games is what that hit deserves. 

the real problem is he he acted after.  1 celebrating like that. Clear intent to injure and celebrating hurting some one. 2 celebrating while being removed from the game. That on top of being a frequent offender. 
 1 deserves another 2 games. 2 warrants even more. 2 and the frequency of his cheap shots should yield suspension until completion of an investigation. If they find him remorseless and likely to re offend he should get the rest of this year and half of next year. 
 It sounds strict, but you have to stomp that crap out. If the same hit happened to cf the riders would be marching on ott with pitchforks and torches.  
 Personally, I’d void his contract and bar any team from signing him again. But that won’t happen.  Last night Marino took more from this league than he will have ever contributed, did some thing that flies in the face of every thing the cfl stands for and celebrated it. Twice. If the riders has any integrity they would waive his ass immediately. 

dicker and the team deserve punishment  as well. You can only maintain a cesspool quality culture soo long with out taking responsibility for the mess it causes. 

Have a look at Nate Behars post game interview...or if someone can post the clip to get even more on what a doucher he is ..and what that organization is about..and limp Dickieson just allowing it.. .man he was heated ..and Marino is just a class A pos

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/behar-on-marino-antics-i-can-t-believe-what-i-witnessed-that-was-ridiculous~2480195

Be interesting to see what Dickenson does with this..and if he takes....or can even take control of the idiots on that roster.

The sad and pathetic part was there were other players on sidelines and even a staff member I was told by someone who was at game and saw it that actually took glee with it and seemed impressed/pleased with douchebag Marino...that in itself tells u all u need to know about that 2nd class trash organization...pure turd from top to bottom 

Marino and the eye gouger Duke of nothing should be on Dickensons shite list BUT we know that isn't happening.....The league has to let these guys know that deliberate intent to injure is going to be a suspension for a good period of time.....AND make it bloody well stick

People were hemming and hawing over what’s wrong with the CFL, debating whether or not we need to make changes to the game .. to the ratio .. to adopt four downs .. in an effort to increase viewership and and appeal to newer / younger fans.

What’s wrong with the CFL isn’t the game .. it’s the CFL’s complete lack of commitment to player safety.  

Nobody wants to see stars, dynamic playmakers blown up on completely unnecessary plays. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Be interesting to see what Dickenson does with this..and if he takes....or can even take control of the idiots on that roster.

The sad and pathetic part was there were other players on sidelines and even a staff member I was told by someone who was at game and saw it that actually took glee with it and seemed impressed/pleased with douchebag Marino...that in itself tells u all u need to know about that 2nd class trash organization...pure turd from top to bottom 

I'll bet he does nothing. He isn't in charge of that locker room and I don't believe any one on that roster looks at him as a leader. 

Just now, voodoochylde said:

People were hemming and hawing over what’s wrong with the CFL, debating whether or not we need to make changes to the game .. to the ratio .. to adopt four downs .. in an effort to increase viewership and and appeal to newer / younger fans.

What’s wrong with the CFL isn’t the game .. it’s the CFL’s complete lack of commitment to player safety.  

Nobody wants to see stars, dynamic playmakers blown up on completely unnecessary plays. 

Thats part of it ya. It's own governance, decision making, and partners namely TSN combine for about 90% of the problem. 

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Sorry. I posted my comment without acknowledging yours. 

cultures like the SK squad could no way be the model as Canada’s team. 

Edited by Rod Black