Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

4 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Is Brandon Zylstra still available?  Might be a good idea to try and bring in another receiver.  Anyone hear any time frame we can expect some of our receivers back?  Are any of them done for the year?

he is...but doubt we look receiver, as I fully expect Ellingson back after the bye and in time to wax the Riders ad their circus.

I can see them making a hard push on Drew now to finish out the yr with provisos of a release immediately after season, but have a 2023 contract in the drawer if nothing pans out for him.

Now regarding Houston's status, if the coaches figure him back before season close then I dont see us going after another possible pricey DB...we now have some big upside DB's here now, as well as a receiver (Heiligh) and also who knows ..maybe Agudosi may be available...the fact he is still here, and walking around albeit with a boot still at last sighting tells me he could be back

Same with Wilson...the fact he roaming around with no issues, hasnt been in a boot or cast of any type in quite some time leaves me optimistic there as well.

Mentioned it before, but bringing in Vaughters who is available would be a huge score...heavy rotation of him and the Jeffs would be crazy good, and would be that extra lil someting we need, especially if we in lieu of DB's now bring in a real gap cancelling DT/Nose....

5 hours ago, Booch said:

he is...but doubt we look receiver, as I fully expect Ellingson back after the bye and in time to wax the Riders ad their circus.

I can see them making a hard push on Drew now to finish out the yr with provisos of a release immediately after season, but have a 2023 contract in the drawer if nothing pans out for him.

Now regarding Houston's status, if the coaches figure him back before season close then I dont see us going after another possible pricey DB...we now have some big upside DB's here now, as well as a receiver (Heiligh) and also who knows ..maybe Agudosi may be available...the fact he is still here, and walking around albeit with a boot still at last sighting tells me he could be back

Same with Wilson...the fact he roaming around with no issues, hasnt been in a boot or cast of any type in quite some time leaves me optimistic there as well.

Mentioned it before, but bringing in Vaughters who is available would be a huge score...heavy rotation of him and the Jeffs would be crazy good, and would be that extra lil someting we need, especially if we in lieu of DB's now bring in a real gap cancelling DT/Nose....

Wr isn’t the position for us to hand out a ton of assets to right now unless ellingson isn’t coming back this year and woli won’t be back. 
 Generally every team in the cfl is bringing in dbs wrs and both linemen all the time. 

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

led to believe coul just be his opinion...so who knows...but if nothing materializes soon, maybe he comes up, cause as it is sitting and waiting...he ain't getting paid...and it's not like he made a shitpile while up here, and wasn't paid for his TC time either...just his 2 weeks on Saints PR

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

led to believe coul just be his opinion...so who knows...but if nothing materializes soon, maybe he comes up, cause as it is sitting and waiting...he ain't getting paid...and it's not like he made a shitpile while up here, and wasn't paid for his TC time either...just his 2 weeks on Saints PR

unless he makes another teams roster, just can't see him sitting with no dough coming in....BUT the attraction (minus the cash) might be that great down there he's willing to stick it out...we shall see if the 'led to believe' has any legs

anytime one of the talking heads says "I'm led to believe..." it's either coming from the player's agent or from the GM (Walters)..... so I'd bet he's not coming north, but it seems silly at this point in both leagues seasons. Just come up and make a bit of cash and win another 'ship.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If I'm 25, I'm going for it now tho cuz reality Is if I don't make it now they won't give me another chance. This is my shot to live my dream. I'd be happy to come back to the CFL but I wouldn't come until I've exhausted all My nfl options first. 

yeah...but right now he not being paid...and could go weeks...months with no call...I'd approach the team and say...i will sign and play, on provision that if I get a call, I will be released.....

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...but right now he not being paid...and could go weeks...months with no call...I'd approach the team and say...i will sign and play, on provision that if I get a call, I will be released.....

ehhhh but if you're the Bombers do you want to do that? Bring him up here, get him adjusted to the team/league again, and then he bolts back south? I think if you're going to bring him back up here, you want him to commit for the rest of the season. 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ehhhh but if you're the Bombers do you want to do that? Bring him up here, get him adjusted to the team/league again, and then he bolts back south? I think if you're going to bring him back up here, you want him to commit for the rest of the season. 

And no NFL team will touch him if he is under contract to another team. He comes here and he is off the NFL radar until their next off-season, if at all. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Plans can change real fast when you haven't gotten a paid in a month +

I would love to see DD get onto a roster and show what he can do. I think he could easily be a very good nfl guard. I hate seeing guys rot on the PR, but I get it. And keeping miles off his body isn't much of a loss. He could start in the CFL well into his 30s pretty easily. We've seen a lot worse NI ol stick around really late into their twilight, especially with east division teams. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Plans can change real fast when you haven't gotten a paid in a month +

I would love to see DD get onto a roster and show what he can do. I think he could easily be a very good nfl guard. I hate seeing guys rot on the PR, but I get it. And keeping miles off his body isn't much of a loss. He could start in the CFL well into his 30s pretty easily. We've seen a lot worse NI ol stick around really late into their twilight, especially with east division teams. 

Homegrown centre Dan Clark signs two-year extension with Roughriders -  Sportsnet.ca

Ticats ink '19 Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Van Zeyl to extension -  CFL.ca

I wonder if lifting of the mandates for border crossing will be a boon for bringing in nfl cuts. 

Each of the last couple years we’ve seen far more trade action. If we don’t see a jump in guys coming up with the mandate change or if it’s too late I think we might see the biggest cfl trade dead line week in recent memory. 
 I could the elk having a fire sale and going all in on future value. 

Big Boom looked pretty good on his U tube video. I assume he's given up, for now anyways, on his NFL dream. If we're down Jeffcoat and Hansen this week we will need someone for sure. Our defensive rotations save Willy for when we really need him, and having a guy to take a few reps can't hurt. 

But we still really need someone in the middle who's closer to 300 to plug the hole