2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

1 hour ago, Mike said:

We’ve spent the last month talking about how stupid it is that there are people who want Rourke to be MOP. This is no different.

The statement was “he is not even the leading rusher on his own team”.  If that is your argument  - then it is different. 

If you want to say he missed too many games- sure, same thing. He was the best RB in the division (easily) when he got hurt. 

Do I think he should be the all-star? I don’t know if any other RB did anything  that much more impressive. I probably wouldn’t have picked him - but it isn’t that crazy compared to the options. 

The list is a **** show really. Rose, Grant, Rutledge are all pretty iffy picks in comparison to other players in the division. Calgary getting no love on the OL is criminal. However, Riderfans are bent out of shape over Sankey being snubbed and I don't think that is accurate. Biggie didn't have his best season for sure, but what he enables our defence to do and how his presence limits offences in what they can do is overlooked a lot. That being said he probably wasn't all star material this year but he's definitely not as controversial a pick as many on the list.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

those East nom's say more about how bad that division is than anything, honestly.......

Some of them for sure. Harris being selected is an absolute joke until you look around at the competition and realize no RB had more than a handful of decent games in the East. That being said, I still would have picked someone else in the East.

Edited by GCn20

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The statement was “he is not even the leading rusher on his own team”.  If that is your argument  - then it is different. 

If you want to say he missed too many games- sure, same thing. He was the best RB in the division (easily) when he got hurt. 

Do I think he should be the all-star? I don’t know if any other RB did anything  that much more impressive. I probably wouldn’t have picked him - but it isn’t that crazy compared to the options. 

But he wasn’t the best running back. He barely averaged 4 yards a carry and had zero rushing touchdowns. This was based strictly off of reputation. 

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I see no mention of fan votes.

The Division All-Stars were selected by the local voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) in their respective division’s markets and the National Chapter, as well as their respective division’s head coaches.

The CFL has taken the page down at the moment but when I read it earlier, the section you quoted was in one spot but lower down in the article it said fans also had a say.  

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The CFL has taken the page down at the moment but when I read it earlier, the section you quoted was in one spot but lower down in the article it said fans also had a say.  

fans definitely had a say - you could vote up to 3 times, which I did. The Bombers had been sharing the results every few days and for some reason Winston Rose was the leading choice for DB and I just could not understand if the fans even watch the games...

I do worry a little (anxiety is fun!) about the Stamps kinda going on the same run we did in '19, when we had a giant chip on our shoulders about perceived snubs at the league award level. But I maintain faith in the fact that we're just that much better than every other team in the league that, as long as we play as well as we are capable of, we'll beat anyone and everyone. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Ryan Ballentine is having a stroke on 3DN

Surprised you found that under the mountain of Rider articles. Week of the playoffs, and 70% of the articles are about a team that missed them. 

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

LOL. Genius sports indeed.

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I see no mention of fan votes.

The Division All-Stars were selected by the local voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) in their respective division’s markets and the National Chapter, as well as their respective division’s head coaches.

https://www.cfl.ca/all-star/

Per paragraph 2, each fan vote counts towards CFL All-Star selection

29 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So the cry baby Stumps called to complain. 

Andrew Harris an All Star? That's a damned joke. No way he should be on that team. Like what a PR nightmare this is? Only the CFL could **** up it's all star team. 

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

In other words, lie to everyone that it was a mistake. I mean, every time Randy Ambrosie opens his mouth to answer a question or make a statement he lies. So, it's only natural those under him would do the same to cover their collective asses. 

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So the cry baby Stumps called to complain. 

Stamps beat writer was bitching about no Stamps OL selected which he said was "criminal" on twitter. In response, I asked him why he's complaining when he voted for Nathan Rourke as MOP when he only played 9 1/4 games. Second time I asked him but he won't answer my question. I figure the guy is a hypocrite. Claiming to be an expert because he sees every Stamps game. How he thinks Rourke had a better season than Collaros is something he needs to answer since he criticizes others. Saying he voted for Rourke because he's Canadian isn't a good enough reason.