2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

39 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We give up fewer points along the ground (and it is not even close)  and lower YPC than both BC and Calgary - but stress away 

I have a level of confidence in the Bombers team that I've never felt before... born in the mid 80s and becoming a fan by the mid-90s, I never experienced truly great Bomber teams (with a few one-off exceptions)... this team, I know will win if they show up and play their best... but that still doesn't stop me from stressing out during literally every game  😂

56 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What do you think Dickenson & their DC Brett Monson are thin king when they see our receiving corps? They know their secondary can't cover all of our guys now that Ellingson & Wolitarsky are back if the OL gives Collaros time to do his magic. 

I think they are thinking they better keep their offence on the field.

All I know is that Biggie has never failed to rise to the occasion before when we needed a game of good run stopping.

12 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I have a level of confidence in the Bombers team that I've never felt before... born in the mid 80s and becoming a fan by the mid-90s, I never experienced truly great Bomber teams (with a few one-off exceptions)... this team, I know will win if they show up and play their best... but that still doesn't stop me from stressing out during literally every game  😂

I am clinically anxious. I suffer from a (literal) insane amount of anxiety. So I will never ever be truly comfortable no matter how much better the Bombers might be than a given team. I can always see the 10 scenarios where we might lose, before I see the 100 scenarios leading to a win. It's just the worst, but all of this is to say that I understand you! 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I am clinically anxious. I suffer from a (literal) insane amount of anxiety. So I will never ever be truly comfortable no matter how much better the Bombers might be than a given team. I can always see the 10 scenarios where we might lose, before I see the 100 scenarios leading to a win. It's just the worst, but all of this is to say that I understand you! 

I don't suffer from that, but I know people who do... so all the best, hope you're doing well

if I felt the way I do during Bomber games during everyday life... I would barely be able to function!

Having experienced some of the very best Bomber teams and also some of the very worst, one thing I do know is that win or lose, the sun still comes up and life goes on pretty much the same.  I follow the Bombers for enjoyment and I'm happy when they win, but I refuse to lose one minute of sleep worrying about things that I have no control over and make little to no difference in my life.  For those of you who suffer from anxiety (there are members of my family that do), I bid you peace.  Having said that:  Go Bombers!

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sorry to hear about that, I thought you were joking- my bad. Sincerest apologies.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy
didn't want to be a ******

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't suffer from that, but I know people who do... so all the best, hope you're doing well

if I felt the way I do during Bomber games during everyday life... I would barely be able to function!

I have a great shrink and a wonderful cocktail of meds that keep me even....thank goodness for it. 

36 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Back in the day, we only saw 4 games or so on television. I hated listening to road games on radio (sorry, Noeller) as I would have these images in my head as the game went on. I don't get that way when I watch a game. Just radio. I'd get so stressed out & turn the Bomber game for half an hour. Say a little prayer that the Bombers were winning when I turned the game back on. Going to a game or watching on tv, I'm okay...

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Back in the day, we only saw 4 games or so on television. I hated listening to road games on radio (sorry, Noeller) as I would have these images in my head as the game went on. I don't get that way when I watch a game. Just radio. I'd get so stressed out & turn the Bomber game for half an hour. Say a little prayer that the Bombers were winning when I turned the game back on. Going to a game or watching on tv, I'm okay...

My Bomber game anxiety is significantly diminished when I'm watching at IGF with 30,000 or so of my closest friends... I hate watching on TV, alone.  

Just now, bearpants said:

My Bomber game anxiety is significantly diminished when I'm watching at IGF with 30,000 or so of my closest friends... I hate watching on TV, alone.  

People who don't like sports or who aren'f fans don't understand why we are so passionate & get stressed. One playoff game back in the 80's we lost the Western final to Edmonton we intercepted the ball by Vince Phason which would have won us the game. The ref called John Helton for RTP when he pushed... just pushed... Warren Moon to the ground, First down Edmonton. Cutler kicks a FG & we ******* lose.

Man, I was cursing & swearing, ranting & raving & I almost picked up my parents only TV... a 21 inch Panasonic colour tv & threw it across the room. My Mom screamed & ran out of the room. Even my dad was dumbfounded. I have to say that was the worst I ever behaved after watching the Bombers lose.... All that pent up energy & stress had to go somewhere. Unfortunately, I took it out on my parents. I vowed I'd never do that again. No game is worth going totally crazy over. That hasn't happened since. I think that was 1982. Anyway, when I calmed down I apologized profusely & my folks still loved me. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

We are around the same age. The late 80s and early 90s teams were really really good- particularly on  defence but also the Dunigan years on offence. 

The 2001 and 2002 teams were as good as any team in the league and in recent memory in general - just didn’t get it done.

This era is just historically good. Quite frankly, every talks about how consistently good Calgary has been the last 30 years ;and they have been). Sure as hell have not won many Cups for me to be all that impressed. They lose a lot in the playoffs. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

People who don't like sports or who aren'f fans don't understand why we are so passionate & get stressed. One playoff game back in the 80's we lost the Western final to Edmonton we intercepted the ball by Vince Phason which would have won us the game. The ref called John Helton for RTP when he pushed... just pushed... Warren Moon to the ground, First down Edmonton. Cutler kicks a FG & we ******* lose.

Man, I was cursing & swearing, ranting & raving & I almost picked up my parents only TV... a 21 inch Panasonic colour tv & threw it across the room. My Mom screamed & ran out of the room. Even my dad was dumbfounded. I have to say that was the worst I ever behaved after watching the Bombers lose.... All that pent up energy & stress had to go somewhere. Unfortunately, I took it out on my parents. I vowed I'd never do that again. No game is worth going totally crazy over. That hasn't happened since. I think that was 1982. Anyway, when I calmed down I apologized profusely & my folks still loved me. 

post '01 GC loss, I went nuts. I was living in a small apartment on Queens Crescent in Brandon at the time, with my girlfriend and a buddy of ours. A whole bunch of **** got wrecked because i was just on another planet, mentally, after that game. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We are around the same age. The late 80s and early 90s teams were really really good- particularly on  defence but also the Dunigan years on offence. 

The 2001 and 2002 teams were as good as any team in the league and in recent memory in general - just didn’t get it done.

This era is just historically good. Quite frankly, every talks about how consistently good Calgary has been the last 30 years ;and they have been). Sure as hell have not won many Cups for me to be all that impressed. They lose a lot in the playoffs. 

I go waaaaay back to the 60's so I can compare eras. This is as good as the Grant Era. Enjoy it while it lasts as it's probaly not coming back for a long time when it's over. This is definitely a generational thing. 

I have anxiety but I learned long ago that water helps everything 

Lose weight? Drink water 

Clear up my skin? Drink water 

Migraine? Drink water  

People causing me anxiety? Drown them in water 

But you also need to remember anxiety has been around forever.. back in the dinosaur days there was a bunch of nervous Rex around 

Edited by Goalie

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have a much better handle on things now. Therapy and meds since 2018 have (I think) made me a much better human being than I'd been since birth.  

You’re a testimonial for those who haven’t walked in your shoes, yet say, meds are universally bad. 
Medication has and continues to improve the lives of many. Not all, but many. 
Add to that, a trusted and effective clinical relationship and you’re well on your way.
Good on you.  

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Really, you're that old?  I had no idea...

Yep, pushing 70.... Seen a lot of great games & players. Heartbreak & happiness. I'm 67. Born in 1955. Started watching the team as a fan in 1965. I remember the 65 Grey Cup & how we lost by 6 points after conceding three safeties rather than punt because of an 80 klm hour wind coming off of Lake Ontario at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. Bud Grant was critixized heavily for conceding those three safeties. The wind played havoc with the kicking game. Had we punted the ball it would have gone backwards & we'd probably lose by 3 touchdowns. That was the first game where I watched from beginning to end.