2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like an ego problem. Sounds like personal issues in his own life played a huge role here. 

Gotta admit, I've lost some respect for Harris 

Agreed.  Harris sounds very entitled to me in that article and that's sad because that's how he decided to end his time here.  Nothing says "leader" like making sure everyone knows that your feelings are hurt.  I think that the classy way would have been something to the effect of "We couldn't find a number we could both agree on.  It's too bad, but that happens.  Thanks to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and their fans."  Oh well, see ya, Andrew.

He wants to prove to everyone else he still has it. But isn't that exactly what the Bombers wanted? For him to prove it via a work out?

There's only 1 reason he wouldn't want to do that. 

Good luck to him, I hold no ill will at all. He's an all time great and it sucks his time with the Bombers ended this way. But I feel like the Bombers made the right call even more now.

Just now, Mark F said:

Dumping on Harris now that he's gone.

very Riderfans like.

I was waiting for someone to say this. That's just kinda what happens with emotions. 

But I also don't think anyone is dumping on him. Just speaking truth to what the situation is(according to the article anyway).

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

But I also don't think anyone is dumping on him

Of course they are dumping on him. He was defended to the limit when he was suspended for ped.

it is obnoxious, juvenile, and like it or not. Exactly what ridersfans  get slagged for.

pretty sure people wouldnt be mentioning " things they cant post, and things they noticed on the sidelines" if he was still with the team.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Of course they are dumping on him.

it is obnoxious, juvenile.

How so?  By saying there's a bit less respect him based on the way he handled his exit from the team?  He's still a legend and future hall of famer in this city and his exit will not change that.

Nobody is trashing the guy or his abilities but he openly admits he was not in the condition (mentally and physically) he needed to be last season and his reasons for leaving are contradictory.  Should we be praising him for this?

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

See earlier post.

ok. Lets not be like oshea and walters.

What earlier post?

Harris was defended for the PED thing due to the circumstances around what happened back then. A trace amount of some archaic substance was blown out of proportion by local media members and crusty fanboys in other CFL cities, all of whom had some axe to grind with regard to Harris' ability and dominance as Blue Bomber. It ultimately had no bearing on his 2019 campaign as he shut them all up with his performance post-suspension. A nothing burger if there ever was one.

This situation with him feeling insulted by the WFC for not offering what he felt he deserved is totally different, though.

No player is bigger than the team....Harris found that out the hard way....kudos for him getting more money elsewhere, but he is 35 this yr, and we have 2 young bucks chomping at the bit.

From what I get out of it, Augustine is pulling in the most, not sure where but Harris was offered between 115k and prob 130k...and didnt like it...is what it is.

His public comment tho on feeling disrespected and not wanted, due to having to prove health/ability is kind of a bad look on him tho, and don't blame the team for wanting to do that...for all you know others may have to submit some kind of fitness report, and proof of ability...it does happen....it also is needed for insurance reasons...Personally I became un-insurable at one point and no team will touch you.

Augustine and Brady will play a duo role...I thinking JA getting the "starting" role, then the go with how game flows...I'd like to see BO tho get in the 220 range with his weight tho...that 10 pound drop wont effect his power...prob make him more powerful running to be honest

Was a crappy ending to an awesome era with Harris, carried this team at times, and was inspirational leader as well....but we have a room full of leaders and he will be missed, but it wont be the culture, or locker room demise by any stretch...If anything make it tighter, as others will see what can happen

19 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Dumping on Harris now that he's gone.

very " Riderfans " like.

not a good look.

Up until Harris chose to go to the media no one was dumping on him. However, he went public with what should have stayed behind closed doors and now fans are responding to it. There is nothing Riderfans about that. 

FACT: Andrew Harris, by his own admission, came into camp out of shape and unfocused last year. Saying that is not dumping on him it's a matter of public record now.

FACT: Andrew Harris chose to go to Toronto for more money. That too is public record.

FACT: No one in the Bomber organization commented on this in anything but a very positive manner. Harris chose to go to the media about his departure.

FACT: When a prominent player signs elsewhere in FA, talks to the media about it, there is going to be discussion that arises from that amongst the fans. Doesn't matter what fan base you belong too.

FACT: Long before Harris left people were wondering what his role should/would be with the Bombers with most suggesting it was a year for him to pass the torch. This is not new.

FACT: Not a single person here, unlike RIderfans, is minimizing Harris's past contributions or role with the team.

Nobody would be saying much if he didn't run off to the media and do his best Evander Kane impression

Not comparing 33 to Kane btw but the sense of entitlement and pretty much blaming everyone and thing but himself here Is similar 

Edited by Goalie

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like an ego problem. Sounds like personal issues in his own life played a huge role here. 

Gotta admit, I've lost some respect for Harris 

Sounds like lots of this would have been avoided if maybe Andrew wasn't his own agent also 

That is quite probable that being his own agent worked against him. Also, he criticizes the team for signing Johnny and Brady without contacting him while saying in the same sentence he was on a beach in Mexico on an extended vacation at that time. Makes it a little tougher for the Bombers to conduct business with him when he's half a world away. I mean honestly, Brady and Johnny were signed fairly recently before the start of FA. It may be just me but if the team I really wanted to play for had not started contract talks with me a couple of weeks before FA I might reach out to them instead of waiting for my phone to ring.

Edited by GCn20

The overreaction to some of the offseason news is kind of funny.  This is all normal business of sport stuff. As much as the media has painted a sunny narrative, the Bombers as an organization aren't really that special.

If we don't trade for Collaros at the 11th hour in 2019, how many stories do you think would have been written about what a great culture it is that we have built?

I appreciate what 33 did for the Bombers. His exit tho... sounds like sour grapes 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The overreaction to some of the offseason news is kind of funny.  This is all normal business of sport stuff. As much as the media has painted a sunny narrative, the Bombers as an organization aren't really that special.

If we don't trade for Collaros at the 11th hour in 2019, how many stories do you think would have been written about what a great culture it is that we have built?

This post likely deserves a banning 

How anyone can say that and say they are a fan is beyond Me

Back to back Champs and class of the league. 

Yeah nothing special. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Just saying but Willie does his own deals, Jake Thomas does his own deals and alot of guys do.

Sure....but that's not always the right thing for all players. Harris is an emotional guy, and might have been better served with an agent to buffer those discussions.

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Not that special? They ended a 30 year Grey Cup drought and became the first team in the league in 20 years to repeat, Not sure what your definition of special is but that qualifies in my books. There were great stories about culture written before Collaros was signed.  We might not be discussing back to back Grey Cups but certainly the culture of the team would still be looked on as being very favorable. Also, saying something like that is kinda strange, you could literally go back to any team of any era even the most special and say if they didn't sign player X would we be even talking about them. If the Bulls didn't have Jordan, if the Patriots hadn't drafted Brady, if the Als didn't sign Calvillo...etc etc. It makes no sense to play what if we didn't have this player or that player. The fact each of these teams had these types of players is part of what made them special.

Edited by GCn20

If as a vet and a ni star mos loses trust in you you have fked up at the highest level. 

We've seen countless times him ride or die with fringe at best players because he trusted them. 

Can't say how disappointed I am in the ending. But the time is right for the Bombers to move on from Andrew Harris. It would've been a bad move to give him 150k this year. 

He's gonna be 35 he couldn't stay healthy last year and he lost mos trust. Plus we got 3 excellent nis to battle for every rb spot in camp. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I appreciate what 33 did for the Bombers. His exit tho... sounds like sour grapes 

This post likely deserves a banning 

How anyone can say that and say they are a fan is beyond Me

Back to back Champs and class of the league. 

Yeah nothing special. 

Awesome.

To be clear: we had a special run. It might even continue. But our money is worth the same as every other team's. The disbelief around here that anyone would ever want to leave, and that if they do it is an indication of some kind of deep issue is Riderfans territory, and it makes me feel gross.

The crapping on Harris would be hilarious if it wasn't so predictable.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Guess he got pissed cuz they wanted him to do a workout? 

He refused I guess. Wonder why he refused?? That's the real story 

Why did Harris refuse the workout? 

I'll bet my house that if he talked to the mafia about how he felt about the work out mos would've been willing to go through it too. Hell wade would probably waddle through it too. They don't ask more of any player then they gave and give as coaches.