2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We still have a full draft class to come in that likely nets us an OL and DL I would think. I've heard it's not a very deep draft but the top 20 are pretty darn good.

Changing here.... What's everyone take on David Watford? 28 years old, 6-2, 215 .... believe with running ability, used on short yardage..... Started a couple games for Hammy, has spent time with them and Sask....

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Trevor Harris must feel this is the best situation for his career. He could have got that 125k from anybody.

Maybe the other Harris should have took a page outta that book to stay home....QB Harris took a wayyyy bigger shave than RB Harris 2021 salary

24 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I would have been all over that if i was Walters. Going in to next season with Zach and Dru Brown sounds like a disaster in the making.

Fair point but could be countered with TH not a great fit in the locker room and how he holds himself on the field when adversity hits.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fair point but could be countered with TH not a great fit in the locker room and how he holds himself on the field when adversity hits.

We know Collaros and Harris spent some together in Toronto. Maybe they just aren't the right fit together? Not saying they aren't, but I'm not sure how they got along.

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Could have switched to WR and doubled that. 😉

Crazy times in the CFL this year. Must be a receiver shortage being forecasted. lol

49 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Changing here.... What's everyone take on David Watford? 28 years old, 6-2, 215 .... believe with running ability, used on short yardage..... Started a couple games for Hammy, has spent time with them and Sask....

I'd take him in a heart beat over brown. He's pretty much been a replacement level back up qb up to 21. He didn't show poorly in the spot start in 21 though he didn't light it up either. 

If he's cheap and doesn't come at the expense of streveler or a blue chip qb prospect it'd be a solid pick up for tc. 

Certainly concerned about the back-up qb......We were talking about Streveler awhile back.....IF he ever gets cut loose down south we definitely have to look in that direction....Place kicking is also a big question mark....IF Mourtada doesn't work out I hope we have a helluva plan B...

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Certainly concerned about the back-up qb......We were talking about Streveler awhile back.....IF he ever gets cut loose down south we definitely have to look in that direction....Place kicking is also a big question mark....IF Mourtada doesn't work out I hope we have a helluva plan B...

Hoping with the silence on b/u QB, that truly its Streveler. But, I still believe the NFL desire and money keeps Streveler down there till prior to our training camp or cut down day in the NFL of this year...

7 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Hoping with the silence on b/u QB, that truly its Streveler. But, I still believe the NFL desire and money keeps Streveler down there till prior to our training camp or cut down day in the NFL of this year...

I was hopeful too, but apparently his agent has told us not to hold our breath.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

for now....but if he gets no camp offers....he has to start looking north...He been kicking around there now going on 3 yrs....his time is almost up to be a PR guy

There's two things that need to happen: He needs to get no offers and hang ut around for half the CFL season before he gets restless and tells his agent that he needs to play. And he would need to really want to play for us and take an absurdly team friendly deal to come back to Winnipeg (according to Walters). Which is possible because we'll make him look good and he could hold out for a bigger deal the following seaosn.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

for now....but if he gets no camp offers....he has to start looking north...He been kicking around there now going on 3 yrs....his time is almost up to be a PR guy

Thanks, as well.... I know its mid Feb & the scouting group is doing their thing.. b/u QB needs to be upgraded over the course of the next few months in my opinion.. just asking the question about Watford for the immediate & got my answer. Seen him play as well,  but,, I'll leave it at that....

12 minutes ago, Jesse said:

There's two things that need to happen: He needs to get no offers and hang ut around for half the CFL season before he gets restless and tells his agent that he needs to play. And he would need to really want to play for us and take an absurdly team friendly deal to come back to Winnipeg (according to Walters). Which is possible because we'll make him look good and he could hold out for a bigger deal the following seaosn.

if he a mid season return....it will be here....u can bank on that and I am sure all parties will make it work