2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

True... but let me list a few names to make you feel better... Bryant, Collaros, Hardrick, Bailey, Bighill, Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Rose, Neufeld, Oliviera... feel better yet? :)

we lost a few good guys...we retained a boatload of the same...better than you could have hoped in all honesty

Good for Harris. TO is a great spot for him. Isn't that Foster kid a Canadian as well? I can see Harris doing pretty well there, though I think it will be in the pass game more than the run. Good luck to him, except in week 4.

The Game that really shifted the Bombers Fortune was that great come back against MTL. Harris' will to get into that endzone will always be something I remember. That win really kick started the franchise to get to where it is now. He's a legend in my eyes for that game alone. Hope we are able to honour him sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Good for Harris. TO is a great spot for him. Isn't that Foster kid a Canadian as well? I can see Harris doing pretty well there, though I think it will be in the pass game more than the run. Good luck to him, except in week 4.

The Game that really shifted the Bombers Fortune was that great come back against MTL. Harris' will to get into that endzone will always be something I remember. That win really kick started the franchise to get to where it is now. He's a legend in my eyes for that game alone. Hope we are able to honour him sooner than later.

Foster is American

Outside of Lawyer i feel like we handpicked the guys we were going to have to lose based on positions where we already had cheaper replacements. And in the case of Lawler we spent the money which might have gone to him on Ellingson. 

Pencil Houston in at corner, pencil Sayles in at DT, pencil (use a marker) Oliveria and Augustine in at runningback, pencil Gray in at guard, pencil McKnight in at receiver. Darby was just a replacement for Matson who got injured and he's healthy now. Sounds like Alexander will be back. I would expect we will make some additional moves once the dust settles but we could go to camp with this team, recruits, and the new draft class.  Any word on how much NFL interest there is in Dobson?

Edited by Colin Unger

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I believe someone reported he was leaning towards retirement, can't remember who it was... it's a good idea if he were close to healthy... but I think he's physically done now

I feel bad for the guy. The worst thing in sports is to have the desire to play but for your body to fail you. I felt the same way about buck. 

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I mentioned it before but 16 out of 24 starters, 17 if you count Alexander who is supposed to be likely to sign. Not bad for the back to back champs.

18 Really...Maston was a starter until injured...So his signing and Darby exit is a wash...he'd have been a nice fit at safety until BA is back, but I sure one of the Hallets can hold it down, or one of the imports...

Agree with @Colin Unger Walters made sure he signed the vital guys...ones who you won't replace with better in free agency, and has faith in the returning PR guys, and scouting staff to fill the voids. Pretty sure both Rene and Dobson make active roster next yr too if they don't get NFL gigs

43 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Outside of Lawyer i feel like we handpicked the guys we were going to have to lose based on positions where we already had cheaper replacements. And in the case of Lawler we spent the money which might have gone to him on Ellingson. 

Pencil Houston in at corner, pencil Sayles in at DT, pencil (use a marker) Oliveria and Augustine in at runningback, pencil Gray in at guard, pencil McKnight in at receiver. Darby was just a replacement for Matson who got injured and he's healthy now. Sounds like Alexander will be back. I would expect we will make some additional moves once the dust settles but we could go to camp with this team, recruits, and the new draft class.  Any word on how much NFL interest there is in Dobson?

Between Houston olumba and Hampton we already have a tremendous completion for the final spot amongst the vets. I wouldn't write off them trying to go rotational ni in the secondary to replace kongbo.

They like Thompson and love the Halletts. Plus kramdi and they could draft another. 

Dobson we won't know much till we see nfl combine invites and the pro day. 

Edited by wbbfan

42 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Random person on twitter regarding Harris signing

"Welcome to the 6!!!!!"

Random awesome person ; "yeah,the number of your attendance"

Don't mention attendance issues in Toronto to any Argo fan. Their typical response is "Really, that's getting old". Like it's no big deal at all when it is. The Argos could play their games at a local high school football field with no stands. The fans could stand single file all next to each other & the line wouldn't make it completely around the playing field. 

58 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

There is a big hole in the O-line where Eli stood and I don't think Kolankowski is ready or able to fill it.  Walters needs to get Eli back on track or find another Natl. OG to replace him asap.  Cody Speller is a F.A. but his status is in limbo.

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Between Houston olumba and Hampton we already have a tremendous completion for the final spot amongst the vets. I wouldn't write off them trying to go rotational ni in the secondary to replace kongbo.

They like Thompson and love the Halletts. Plus kramdi and they could draft another. 

Dobson we won't know much till we see nfl combine invites and the pro day. 

They also used Briggs and Gauthier pretty often on Defense during the 2nd half of the year. So there are options to help fill the CND void left by Kongbo.

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

There is a big hole in the O-line where Eli stood and I don't think Kolankowski is ready or able to fill it.  Walters needs to get Eli back on track or find another Natl. OG to replace him asap.  Cody Speller is would work..

What hole? Geoff Gray will fill Desjarlais spot. We may have a depth issue so we may sign another OL. Would I like Eli back? Sure but if he won't get vaxxed then no one will sign him. 

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Eli was the 6th guy...not like he started, but was a valuable 6th guy...His loss isnt gonna define our season and his replacement played in final few games and the Grey Cup on short yardage and did ok....

Unless they have a serious injury along the line, than they're ******.  Scrambling around mid-season looking for an O-line fix is a Rider thing, the Bombers need to cover their butts and protect Collaros at all cost.....Dru Brown is now the backup QB.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

They also used Briggs and Gauthier pretty often on Defense during the 2nd half of the year. So there are options to help fill the CND void left by Kongbo.

Don't forget, we got by with Hecht at safety.  I'm confident we will keep the bed warm for BA until he returns. Whether with a Hallet or someone else.

Another Canadian depth guys no one talks about is Tanner Cadwallader. He had plenty of meaningful reps over the course of the season, including the GC.

Cadwallader, Hallet x 2, Kolenkowski, Kramedi and others, are all Canadian guys that have sipped from the cup. Championship experience is an intangible that a lot of players don't have.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost