2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

I really wonder what kind of money we have left. Today probably felt like a funeral for most but we retained so much core that I'm confident in Danny and Ted to find some good pieces to fill in our gaps. The league looks much more balanced now so hoping the drop off won't be as big as it feels today come game 1.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Problem is even with a healthy arm Nichols is not going to run short yardage and with the new QB limitations I don't think they can dress 3.

Good point. My grandma is quicker then Nichols so not sure if that will work. The two QB dressed system is ridiculous anyways. 

ofcourse she’s 6’4 runs a 4.5 forty. 

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I really wonder what kind of money we have left. Today probably felt like a funeral for most but we retained so much core that I'm confident in Danny and Ted to find some good pieces to fill in our gaps. The league looks much more balanced now so hoping the drop off won't be as big as it feels today come game 1.

How do you see it as more balanced? Maybe the East, but the West is kind of the same pecking order imo...with maybe Calgary surpassing the Riders and Edmonton and BC maybe coming closer but on the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

What is the reason though? If they think he gained 20 lbs then it is a little insulting. If it is injury related then I don't see the problem.

As a professional athlete in this day and age u dont gain 20 pounds in the off-season....and I am sure they wanted to see a 40 time..agility and strength test...amount other things....And if he balked or felt slighted somehow...thats not a good look on him, nor is it a attitude and action you want other players following

7 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I'm sure we have money set aside for a possible Kongbo and or Desjarlais pro-rated return....and Walters always carries over a percentage for re-ups the following yr to against this yrs cap hit...mind u if there a bonus max now...that may not be a factor now

Just now, Booch said:

As a professional athlete in this day and age u dont gain 20 pounds in the off-season....and I am sure they wanted to see a 40 time..agility and strength test...amount other things....And if he balked or felt slighted somehow...thats not a good look on him, nor is it a attitude and action you want other players following

I was exagerrating. Basically implying that he wasn't putting the work in during the off season (insulting). 

So I guess my question would be why to the test if not injury related?  The Grey Cup was less than 2 months ago. What do you think has changed?

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I was exagerrating. Basically implying that he wasn't putting the work in during the off season (insulting). 

So I guess my question would be why to the test if not injury related?  The Grey Cup was less than 2 months ago. What do you think has changed?

At his age you need to know what you are getting. That's not an insult that's reality. Maybe nothing has changed but there were reports that he came to camp less than 100% last year. The Bombers likely would not want to take a chance again.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

No.

Not 2 months later.

Yes, 2 months later. We did not get our money's worth out of him last year. Hate to be crass but those are the facts. This year he should expect that we would want to know if he has another season left in him. I realize that you are a big fan of his but if you take a step back from the emotion you will see that this is a totally reasonable ask.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Moncrief to the Riders is a really good pickup for them. I expect him to play at an all-star level next year. And, they've dumped a lot of their "attitude problem" players. I think this has a been a good day for them. 

It is a good day for them, but not a good offseason in general. They lost a lot of players.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

yeah I know u didnt mean literal 20 pounds...but none the less its a 12 month a yr gig now....and u are to follow an off-season program, and maybe they wanted to see if he was, and also see how he was healthwise from the injuries, and assess his numbers...see if he has lost anything....totally fair, and thats what I would want to see as well

19 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Huff is eating at McDonalds, Walters is now eating at Burger King, retaining a roster is more difficult when you're living on top of the tree and every other GM has an axe.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

At his age you need to know what you are getting. That's not an insult that's reality. Maybe nothing has changed but there were reports that he came to camp less than 100% last year. The Bombers likely would not want to take a chance again.

This **** about him not being in shape after 2 years away is some ****. Let it go. They saw him 2 months ago every day. 

No go

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Moncrief to the Riders is a really good pickup for them. I expect him to play at an all-star level next year. And, they've dumped a lot of their "attitude problem" players. I think this has a been a good day for them. 

Get out

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I know u didnt mean literal 20 pounds...but none the less its a 12 month a yr gig now....and u are to follow an off-season program, and maybe they wanted to see if he was, and also see how he was healthwise from the injuries, and assess his numbers...see if he has lost anything....totally fair, and thats what I would want to see as well

Injuries is a different ball game. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

hell yeah....when we prepping guys....we test monthly....and it no different than a free agent camp before offering a contract...u gotta test the goods

Then test everyone?

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I read this a lot and I wonder, who got the targets in 2021 that should have gone to Woli?  Lawler was the best WR in the league, Bailey emerged, Demski made plays all over the field and our running game was on no matter who was carrying the ball.

I love Woli but last year he was the WR4/WR5 on a stacked team.  He was the perfect field WR, tho: forcing the D to cover the whole field, opening up stuff inside for our other guys, making the most of his targets, blocking like a wolverine, and carrying the right passport.

Adams McKnight and Nelson  combined to go 45 for 76 for 566 yards. Woli had one of the highest catch rates while adams was just barely above a coin toss. 

Blocking has nothing to do with it. Sheed did as much blocking and as well. 

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I know this will get laughed at but I'm wondering how completely shot Matt Nichols' arm is...... last year he looked as if he had zero arm strength, but if his arm was healed and he could throw again, I wouldn't be averse to him as strictly a back-up and then maybe transition into coaching/management after.....

Once again... Are you crazy?

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I know this will get laughed at but I'm wondering how completely shot Matt Nichols' arm is...... last year he looked as if he had zero arm strength, but if his arm was healed and he could throw again, I wouldn't be averse to him as strictly a back-up and then maybe transition into coaching/management after.....

I believe someone reported he was leaning towards retirement, can't remember who it was... it's a good idea if he were close to healthy... but I think he's physically done now

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

This **** about him not being in shape after 2 years away is some ****. Let it go. They saw him 2 months ago every day. 

No go

They saw him every day 2 months ago... and he couldn't practice like all season. Yes he contributed but he was also a part timer all year. I think at 35 at the position he plays it is fair to wonder about his fitness level for a coming season.