2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

There is a big hole in the O-line where Eli stood and I don't think Kolankowski is ready or able to fill it.  Walters needs to get Eli back on track or find another Natl. OG to replace him asap.  Cody Speller is a F.A. but his status is in limbo.

Liam Dobson may be an option but I was thinking that if he's bound for the NFL Winnipeg would use their first round pick to draft a lineman.

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Liam Dobson may be an option but I was thinking that if he's bound for the NFL Winnipeg would use their first round pick to draft a lineman.

All that is good but as of now they are one injury away from starting Kolankowski and from what I saw last year he looked pretty wobbly.  I guess they could stash a few Import O-linemen on the PR and adjust the ratio to get them into the lineup....Travis Bond is probably available.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I wonder if McGuire realised his situation in the league and becoming a starter just wasn't going to happen anytime soon thus why he's looking at other options

If McGuire came back this year he was one hit to an oft-injured quarterback with a history of injuries away from being a starter. Most QBs go down at some point during a year, we have been lucky that Zach hasn't. If he fared well enough with another opportunity he definitely could have had offers to start next year.

Edited by WildPath
Concussion issues

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Gotta think walters is saving some money in the event guys like Desjarlais come back from the NFL. He has never liked spending right to the cap from the get go. Always leave some wiggle room.

Not that we haven't already seen him find guys but this will be a good test for Danny and Ted this offseason. I'm not expecting a year again like last year but we've gotta keep that cup at home.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

All that is good but as of now they are one injury away from starting Kolankowski and from what I saw last year he looked pretty wobbly.  I guess they could stash a few Import O-linemen on the PR and adjust the ratio to get them into the lineup....Travis Bond is probably available.

The bombers have been in this situation before.  Needing to use the draft to produce starting offensive lineman.  And in other times needed the draft to produce a backup offensive lineman. I think they did alright when they selected Dejarlais and Chung. With the amount of skilled talent available high up in the draft i think that there will be a quality offensive lineman available when our pick comes up. Don't get me wrong. I hope Eli is signed. But given that nobody around the league seems to have offered on him Im willing to bet he's still not planning to vaccinate. I'd love to get political here but im not going to. 

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The bombers have been in this situation before.  Needing to use the draft to produce starting offensive lineman.  And in other times needed the draft to produce a backup offensive lineman. I think they did alright when they selected Dejarlais and Chung. With the amount of skilled talent available high up in the draft i think that there will be a quality offensive lineman available when our pick comes up. Don't get me wrong. I hope Eli is signed. But given that nobody around the league seems to have offered on him Im willing to bet he's still not planning to vaccinate. I'd love to get political here but im not going to. 

Not worried about the OL at all. We took an unexpected about of hits losing Desjarlias and Eli (presumably), but Grey + draft picks will weather the storm. I'm only worried once we have to replace big Stan, but at that point, we're probably replacing all of our 30+ guys and starting from scratch.

Our offence doesn't run this team, and while Lawler had a good season, if you compare it against top seasons of CFL past.....it doesn't really measure up...I think we can more than absorb the loss.

We do need some secondary help. I don't think we're going to be able to depend on Maston and Taylor for 18+3. I trust that Alexander will be back, so pick a Hallet and go from there. 

Needs me some Strev tho.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That's what I mean by pick a Hallet.

Just don't **** up too bad for half a season. 

So the benefit to this is that so long as Alexander is not ready we could start an additional Canadian on the offensive line.   Imagine we draft one and Dobsen comes to camp we will have an embarrassment of riches again. And if Desjarlais becomes available it ends up being a problem. Im hoping we get clarity on Dobsen early so we can draft accordingly. Would love to see a Philpot in a bombers jersey again.

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I’m not too sure Dobson is bound for the NFL.  Certainly isn’t highly ranked in any lists of OL I’ve seen.  May get a tryout or an outside shot at UDFA.

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Gotta think walters is saving some money in the event guys like Desjarlais come back from the NFL. He has never liked spending right to the cap from the get go. Always leave some wiggle room.

Good point.

7 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I’m not too sure Dobson is bound for the NFL.  Certainly isn’t highly ranked in any lists of OL I’ve seen.  May get a tryout or an outside shot at UDFA.

I wouldn't put any stock into lists you have seen.

I would be shocked if he is not in an NFL camp. 

I have said it a few times, but a guy that big, plays that mean, and can dunk a basketball is going to get a look. 

8 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Unlikely to be drafted but will likely get some UDFA consideration.

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

Not worried about the OL at all. We took an unexpected about of hits losing Desjarlias and Eli (presumably), but Grey + draft picks will weather the storm. I'm only worried once we have to replace big Stan, but at that point, we're probably replacing all of our 30+ guys and starting from scratch.

Our offence doesn't run this team, and while Lawler had a good season, if you compare it against top seasons of CFL past.....it doesn't really measure up...I think we can more than absorb the loss.

We do need some secondary help. I don't think we're going to be able to depend on Maston and Taylor for 18+3. I trust that Alexander will be back, so pick a Hallet and go from there. 

Needs me some Strev tho.

why?

9 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

So the benefit to this is that so long as Alexander is not ready we could start an additional Canadian on the offensive line.   Imagine we draft one and Dobsen comes to camp we will have an embarrassment of riches again. And if Desjarlais becomes available it ends up being a problem. Im hoping we get clarity on Dobsen early so we can draft accordingly. Would love to see a Philpot in a bombers jersey again.

not happening

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Patrice Rene could be at camp and that would be a guy to watch. 

this....pumped about that pick