CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

They tried that swing pass first play and Jeffcoat caught him at the line of scrimmage I knew it was not going to be Luckys night.

I was watching at half time and they showed the Lucky swing pass working for big gains against the Riders last week, and then showed Lucky getting smoked on the same play against the Bombers.  I think it was Barker who said "The difference between those two plays?  Tonight the Lions are playing real athletes".  I was laughing so hard...

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Normally the any given sunday law applies. This year its harder for teams vs the bombers. But that Tor game was our worst. Worst execution and worst coaching. Tor is a team thats good in the trenches and physical. They have great coaching I give them a TON of credit for that game. 

yes and we just couldn't get any breaks that game.  Guys were dropping balls and killing drives that normally they catch.  It happens.  It sucks when it happens, but it happens.  The Argos played a good game and it's the only time since Zach has been here that I've seen him even slightly rattled.  Otherwise the guy has ice water in his veins.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah. He had one good come from behind and ranged a bit but we still used the sub package a good bit. Can't wait to see him at 100 percent. Wish we'd rotate rocq in more with him. 

I think you are confusing emotion with a lack of discipline. The Bombers play with great emotion that's the key to physicality. The riders play out of control and get in pushing and shoving a lot after the play. They take more dumb penalties than any other team. 

Perfect description of them. Selfish lack of discipline. Not emotion. It is all show no go. 

Front running losers 

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I just went through the stats,I may have missed one but the Bombers have only given up 2 passing TDs all year,this no fly zone is unbelievable.

We have only given up 8 TD's...all yr long!!...and 3 of them were in that bed crapping  game against Argos..so in the the 7 other games we have given up just 5...Chew on that for a bit...

Edited by Booch

9 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I just went through the stats,I may have missed one but the Bombers have only given up 2 passing TDs all year,this no fly zone is unbelievable.

That’s insanity. I saw it mentioned earlier, but the seamless transition from Sayles & Rose to Nichols & Alford has been amazing for your squad.

Just now, Rod Black said:

I honestly don’t give a **** if posters from other squads want to say what kind of deplorable this fan might be. Regardless, every once so often being a fan of a really good team is fantastic and I’ll enjoy every ****** second of it. Why not have a great time! 

Fair enough. My last team to win it all was Denver in 2015, but their O was so bloody bad you never knew if they’d actually go all the way or not.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Francis Gary Powers, a U-2 pilot shot down and captured by the Soviets, to be precise lol...sorry I'll show myself out...

I was alive but that was 1961, I believe so I read about it. His high altitude spy jet was shot down by ground to air missiles. He ejected, survived, captured & put on trial & convicted. He was finally released when the Soviets & Americans exchanged political prisoners. This was a major embarrassment for the US as the denied they were spying on the Soviets from high altitudes. How'd I do? :)

Just now, 17to85 said:

Know how I know you didn't visit the US politics thread?

Politics is okay. We all argue here about it so for me, he gets a pass. As far as posting here on the Bomber forum Zontar was okay. 

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Toronto really reminded of us in the early O’Shea years. Hard working, well coached team that just doesn’t have enough talent to win it all but can compete with anybody any given Sunday. 

totally agree. didnt even think of it but yeah they remind me alot of us under mos early on a lot too. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah it's games like this I really miss Ritch.  He was an awesome Lions fan.

He was the best. Such a damn tragedy. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was the best. Such a damn tragedy. 

Ritch loved his Lions & he loved his Bombay. I was so angry to hear what that guy did to him & sad he passed away but with his head injuries the life he knew was taken away from him years before. I hope that murderer burns in Hell for what he did. I have a bottle of Bombay at home. I have to say I think about Ritch whenever I have a drink. 

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

That’s insanity. I saw it mentioned earlier, but the seamless transition from Sayles & Rose to Nichols & Alford has been amazing for your squad.

Whats really crazy is if you go back further we did the same thing switching from Leggett and randle too. The mafia has pinned down the exact type of guy it takes to excel in our system and we've rotated through a lot of guys to great success. 

If next year we have to replace 2 dbs again, I wont have any concern. The only guy I think would be critically hard to replace is alexander. Its like the legion of boom. The keystone to both secondary's success is insane sideline to sideline coverage from a hard hitting Safety with tremendous speed. 

29 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I thought that was a pic of Yuri Gagarin. 

RIAN archive 35172 Powers Wears Special Pressure Suit.jpg

Nope.  If you knew Zontar you'd know he'd never have a commie for his avatar lol...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gary_Powers

39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was alive but that was 1961, I believe so I read about it. His high altitude spy jet was shot down by ground to air missiles. He ejected, survived, captured & put on trial & convicted. He was finally released when the Soviets & Americans exchanged political prisoners. This was a major embarrassment for the US as the denied they were spying on the Soviets from high altitudes. How'd I do? :)

You were almost perfect - he was shot down in 1960, not 1961.  But otherwise right on.  When he returned to the US he worked as a helicopter pilot for a news organization in LA and ended up being killed in a crash.  So the Ruskies didn't get him, but a US helicopter did.