CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Bombers9256 said:

like he's so wide he takes up TWO gaps? that must be one of the reasons he so improves our run d

That and he is strong as hell and can shed blocks easily...cripes proof in the pudding last game how he can just toss an engaged lineman away and get at the runner

Just now, Bombers9256 said:

like he's so wide he takes up TWO gaps? that must be one of the reasons he so improves our run d

haha not exactly. A 1 gap player lines up in a gap between two blockers and rushes the gap. More modern defenses try to use 1.5 gap defenders, where they rush 1 gap and have to watch the other then shed the block and make a tackle in another gap. Its hard to find good 1.5 gap defenders and they are worth their weight in gold in the NFL, especially if they can get after the qb a bit. Finally you have the 2 gap defensive tackle. The 2 gap player lines up in 0 technique, at nose tackle directly over the center. His responsibility is to flow to either guard-center A gap and stuff the run. Some times this is done by discipline, anchor your position then disengaging from the C and scraping to the ball carrier in the gap. Other times this is done by mashing the center back and removing the A gaps entirely. The later happens when an OL is playing a tight blocking scheme, especially in man blocking. 

Just now, Booch said:

That and he is strong as hell and can shed blocks easily...cripes proof in the pudding last game how he can just toss an engaged lineman away and get at the runner

Or tossed suhk, then ripped the center down and filled the gap between michael reillys ears with his heft. 

26 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

He did say it though…baby steps for suitor. 

I’m not denying that he said it. My response was that Boucher could hear the gnashing of teeth. Suitor and the whole panel spent a large part of the game gushing about how strong the Bombers were. I guess fans will hear what they want and interpret things as they want to see them and find confirmation bias. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Discussion amongst a couple of us while watching the game... what does stove squat? Answer we came up with, whatever he wants.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Discussion amongst a couple of us while watching the game... what does stove squat? Answer we came up with, whatever he wants.

lol....well he in about 4 seconds lifted and tossed Chungh out into the defensive ends blocker...threw the center to the ground and then took down Reilly...so I'd say yup...whatever he needs to move

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m not denying that he said it. My response was that Boucher could hear the gnashing of teeth. Suitor and the whole panel spent a large part of the game gushing about how strong the Bombers were. I guess fans will hear what they want and interpret things as they want to see them and find confirmation bias. 

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment obviously, but after listening to Suitor for many many years no one can deny that he tends to get much more animated and excited over the most mundane/average Rider plays/players, much more so than for any other team, and is willing to heap praise on the Riders at every turn. Its taken a 7-1 absolutely dominating Bomber team to finally get his praise.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment obviously, but after listening to Suitor for many many years no one can deny that he tends to get much more animated and excited over the most mundane/average Rider plays/players much more so than for any other team, and is willing to heap praise on the Riders at every turn. Its taken a 7-1 absolutely dominating Bomber team to finally get his praise.

I get it, my comment was equally tongue in cheek. I find it a bit funny how upset some Bomber fans seem to get from him. Also how much some say we are renting space in the Rider fan base’s heads, yet many here scramble over to RF and obsess about what is being said about us there. Fandom is fandom, so I get that hypocrisy reigns on every board, seeing in others behaviour we ourselves display without any sense of irony or self-awareness. I hope it is not taken as seriously as it sometimes comes across online, at least to me. 

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I get it, my comment was equally tongue in cheek. I find it a bit funny how upset some Bomber fans seem to get from him. Also how much some say we are renting space in the Rider fan base’s heads, yet many here scramble over to RF and obsess about what is being said about us there. Fandom is fandom, so I get that hypocrisy reigns on every board, seeing in others behaviour we ourselves display without any sense of irony or self-awareness. I hope it is not taken as seriously as it sometimes comes across online, at least to me. 

All good. No Ill will. 

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

lol....well he in about 4 seconds lifted and tossed Chungh out into the defensive ends blocker...threw the center to the ground and then took down Reilly...so I'd say yup...whatever he needs to move

But I'm legitimately curious....and if anyone would know, it's you.......how much do you think he squats? I don't know enough about power lifting, but is 500lbs out of the question? I remember hearing Doug Brown say once that when all the OL were working out, there weren't enough weights in the room, because of how much they use. And I gotta think that, with Stove, and just how humongous his lower half is, the bar can't hold all the weight that he could probably squat.... man, he is massive.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

But I'm legitimately curious....and if anyone would know, it's you.......how much do you think he squats? I don't know enough about power lifting, but is 500lbs out of the question? I remember hearing Doug Brown say once that when all the OL were working out, there weren't enough weights in the room, because of how much they use. And I gotta think that, with Stove, and just how humongous his lower half is, the bar can't hold all the weight that he could probably squat.... man, he is massive.

Big enough to burn diesel.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

If I am trapped under a vehicle I hope Stove is nearby.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

NO 500 isnt out of the question with his body type...

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment obviously, but after listening to Suitor for many many years no one can deny that he tends to get much more animated and excited over the most mundane/average Rider plays/players, much more so than for any other team, and is willing to heap praise on the Riders at every turn. Its taken a 7-1 absolutely dominating Bomber team to finally get his praise.

This is bang on... yes the entire panel was constantly heaping praise on the Bombers on Friday... but the way the season has gone so far... what else could they possibly say?

On 2021-10-04 at 1:22 PM, Booch said:

NO 500 isnt out of the question with his body type...

500 wouldnt even be high for him. those legs are like the torso of a good size rb each. Idk if hes a gym rat type of guy. But im sure he'd physically be capable of 650-700 lbs. Top world numbers are in the 1000s now. Wouldnt be surprised if he could squat as much as he could dead lift. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

500 wouldnt even be high for him. those legs are like the torso of a good size rb each. Idk if hes a gym rat type of guy. But im sure he'd physically be capable of 650-700 lbs. Top world numbers are in the 1000s now. Wouldnt be surprised if he could squat as much as he could dead lift. 

yeah, he trains and goes hard in off-season

Just now, Booch said:

yeah, he trains and goes hard in off-season

Im not surprised. Dude is like 5'9 tall by 5'9 wide and 5'9 thick. And he is far from sloppy. You dont see DTs built like him often. 

I loved in the pre game show where he talked about reviewing his own film. Thats a guy who clearly expects more of him self than any one else could possibly expect of him. Sheed is motivational, but Stove is motivated.  I mean he had a couple fantastic run down from behind plays that game too. That man can RUN too. He's like a 2/3 scale version of larry allen. 

Good for Kenny to own up to his decision making. I'm not gonna lie... we all at some point likely drove under the influence or in the car with the driver who also was.. Kenny got caught. I'm thankful looking back that we didn't hurt anyone either. Perhaps getting caught would have stopped a few friends. I forgive him.  We all do dumb things and there's no need to cancel him or **** on him. Eventually u gotta grow up tho and stop. Hopefully he does.  It pisses me off when these guys do **** like this tho but then again... it's not really my concern.  I guess if he hit my daughter or family it would be but let's hope he learned his lesson. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Good for Kenny to own up to his decision making. I'm not gonna lie... we all at some point likely drove under the influence or in the car with the driver who also was.. Kenny got caught. I'm thankful looking back that we didn't hurt anyone either. Perhaps getting caught would have stopped a few friends. I forgive him.  We all do dumb things and there's no need to cancel him or **** on him. Eventually u gotta grow up tho and stop. Hopefully he does.  It pisses me off when these guys do **** like this tho but then again... it's not really my concern.  I guess if he hit my daughter or family it would be but let's hope he learned his lesson. 

Uh-oh look out. Brandon will be coming after you.