Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
M.O.A.B.

Bomber Free Agent Discussion

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

 and now Lamar Jackson are the flavour of the month, but how many of them (the best of the best of the running QBs) lasted playing that style once teams caught on to how to defend them? Look what Tennessee did to Jackson this past week by simply spying him with an extra safety.

 

To be entirely fair to Lamar - he still passed for 365 yards and ran for an additional 143 yards.  The first interception was a little bit of bad luck (slightly high but I'd say it was as much on the receiver as the QB).

The big deal was getting stuffed on 4th and 1 twice which helped get them behind.... once they were behind they leaned hard on what is not their teams strength (big yard passing plays when the other team isn't trying to stop you from gaining 3 yards per play in the run game).

 

Sure Lamar had a rough game against Tennessee.... I wouldn't say they "figured" him out... the Ravens had a bad day, got behind early and stopped playing the offensive gameplan that they are most effective playing.  He still ended up with 500 yards of total offense... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

curious as to why TB4E thinks Streveler being a div 2 QB is such a big deal and can’t still mean he’s elite athletically. 
 

Someone should look up where Carson Wentz went to college and how little that mattered to pro scouts 

 

Streveler is an elite athlete whether he went to LSU or Red River College. That’s why the NFL wants to take a look at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mike said:

curious as to why TB4E thinks Streveler being a div 2 QB is such a big deal and can’t still mean he’s elite athletically. 
 

Someone should look up where Carson Wentz went to college and how little that mattered to pro scouts 

 

Streveler is an elite athlete whether he went to LSU or Red River College. That’s why the NFL wants to take a look at him.

That Red River program churns out a plethora of elite football guys...damn shame that recruiting scandal has sanctioned them though...pity lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Lamar is what 23 years old only....  that guy is legit.   He CAN throw the ball.   

He can throw the ball if the D allows the middle of the field to be attacked.  Titans schemed him with two high safeties right on the seams to force him to throw to the sidelines and just waited until he made two mistakes in a row to get off the field.  Accuracy is a big issue for LJ.  What works for him is the D getting completely psyched out by the RPO and his running ability.  Tennessee schemed perfectly to beat him and played disciplined.  IMO his career is likely to follow a trajectory similar to Vick's.  He'll have a hell of a time getting through the playoffs vs the best teams/coaches in any year, but he'll tear up the league as a whole.  Baltimore needs to add a dynamic running back who is a threat to catch a pass and a legit deep threat to simplify throws for LJ outside the hashmarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I scored the winning touchdown during the 1982 RRC intramural flag football championship game on a 5 yard pass & run catch from our qb Harry "Hot Streets" Hannigan. (He was  big Chicago fan back in the day).  We had aspirations of playing in the NFL but there was no NFL interest back in those days. Then things changed over the years, RRC players attended NFL Combines, scouts started watching our games, some had FA tryouts with teams down south. A couple of guys almost got drafted the past few seasons. Then the scandal hit & changed everything. Tragic. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

To be entirely fair to Lamar - he still passed for 365 yards and ran for an additional 143 yards.  The first interception was a little bit of bad luck (slightly high but I'd say it was as much on the receiver as the QB).

The big deal was getting stuffed on 4th and 1 twice which helped get them behind.... once they were behind they leaned hard on what is not their teams strength (big yard passing plays when the other team isn't trying to stop you from gaining 3 yards per play in the run game).

 

Sure Lamar had a rough game against Tennessee.... I wouldn't say they "figured" him out... the Ravens had a bad day, got behind early and stopped playing the offensive gameplan that they are most effective playing.  He still ended up with 500 yards of total offense... 

500 yards with start position being at the 30 should be 40+ points easy.  They schemed to make it difficult for the Ravens to end drives and score points.  It worked.  Same as Tampa vs Vick in the early 00's.  Everyone is going to defend him the same way, the smart disciplined teams will drive him nuts.  They'll win 9-10-11 games each season, but doubt they can run the gauntlet of the NFL playoffs unless Jackson can find his accuracy to hit the sideline throws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He can throw the ball if the D allows the middle of the field to be attacked.  Titans schemed him with two high safeties right on the seams to force him to throw to the sidelines and just waited until he made two mistakes in a row to get off the field. Baltimore needs to add a dynamic running back who is a threat to catch a pass and a legit deep threat to simplify throws for LJ outside the hashmarks.

Some good points about how the Titans schemed against Lamar. And, the Ravens definitely need to add some additional weapons on offense. But, I think Lamar is just going to keep getting better. And he's really, really good now. Not saying that this is your perspective, but I hope we (collective we, as in this board) are not comparing Heisman trophy winner and sure fire NFL MVP Lamar Jackson to Chris Streveler. My man-crush on Strev is high, but he is no where near Lamar's level of talent. I'm not even sure he's Tim Tebow's level of talent honestly. Strev might become a decent CFL starter. He's not even close to that now. Tremendous athlete - check. Huge heart - check. Pro QB - to be determined. NFL roster player - I wouldn't bet on it, though for his sake, I wish him the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha Payton Manning lost his first 6 playoff games how many people said they figured him out. Then after winning his first playoff game threw 3 picks in the AFC Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Haha Payton Manning lost his first 6 playoff games how many people said they figured him out. Then after winning his first playoff game threw 3 picks in the AFC Championship.

He was always knocked as a guy who couldnt win the big game. Even his superbowl mvp with the colts was kind of a defacto qb mvp selection. The combo of rhodes and addai (some un godly combined yardage between the two) and the pick 6 was what won. 

I dont think it was ever a figured him out thing as much as it was he didnt perform up to snuff in the play offs. 

 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

curious as to why TB4E thinks Streveler being a div 2 QB is such a big deal and can’t still mean he’s elite athletically. 
 

Someone should look up where Carson Wentz went to college and how little that mattered to pro scouts 

 

Streveler is an elite athlete whether he went to LSU or Red River College. That’s why the NFL wants to take a look at him.

the min golden gophers thought he had a future at wr/qb based on his athleticism. Thats not low tier stuff. Prolly more players from sub d1 teams then cfl teams in the nfl right now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was always knocked as a guy who couldnt win the big game. Even his superbowl mvp with the colts was kind of a defacto qb mvp selection. The combo of rhodes and addai (some un godly combined yardage between the two) and the pick 6 was what won. 

I dont think it was ever a figured him out thing as much as it was he didnt perform up to snuff in the play offs. 

 

the min golden gophers thought he had a future at wr/qb based on his athleticism. Thats not low tier stuff. Prolly more players from sub d1 teams then cfl teams in the nfl right now. 

 

His stats and use though as either were pretty much non-existent...was worked in practice as a TE/FB/WR and QB but a lot of that was him wanting to get reps and help on scout teams as much as possible...to try and get some field time...I think his Minnesota years accounted for 1 reception..and 2 or 3 rushes....and coming from a point of being there done that...the drop off in talent and skill in most NCAA programs from starters, to back ups in most spots is generally quite big...to the point many are there as bodies to fill out rosters, but rarely touch the field..and some never dress...sure back-ups get used but they are not top shelf talents by any stretch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-13 at 7:23 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If that was really the case he would have already re-signed in Wpg. and wouldn't have put his name down for a "bunch" of NFL tryouts, being as intelligent as he is he probably already knows  how NFL teams intend to make use of his talent.   I doubt any will seriously consider letting him read a D or throw the ball.  I think he'll do whatever is asked, for the maximum payment that can be achieved, no matter the location.......no different than most football players. 

Agreed. For sure he has to take the money if it's offered to him. It'll be dumb not to. But man, this team won't be the same without him, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-14 at 8:33 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, why are we criticizing someone who gave a legit take on Strevler?.What, it's better to read a 2 sentence response from Skunk talking about his gay man crush on Big Chris. Give me TrueBlue4ever's take than the **** we get from Skunk every ******* day. 

free-wow-gif-777.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm sort of torn...as a Bombers fan, I obviously want him here. As a member of this messageboard, I wouldn't cry if he was no longer a topic of conversation....

Yeah, I feel the same way. If he leaves, I won't miss the conversation either. Reminds me of the way Road Griller use to post about Justin Goltz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...