Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Mcallister is a Jefferson clone...but a bit faster, and if we didn't have Jeffcoat..Jefferson and Roh last year would have made the team outta camp...especially with Kongbo on the IR...This may signal the end of Roh's time here though especially if Willie is back, as he will have an increase in salary, and if we have Nevis back theres no room for Roh's vet salary 

If Willie is gone for the year to the NFL...Then a Jeffcoat/Roh/MCCallister rotation will serve us rather nicely

Re-sign Roh, if or when Jefferson comes back they can deal with it at that time.  Jeffcoat, Roh, McCallister is a solid start.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Little faster, may be a little less athletic ( Willie started as a WR).

He looked pretty good up here though. Just ran into a loaded team.

Kept coming back though, could have signed elsewhere and didn't. 

Excited to have him back, no doubt.

Plenty of small schools run big wrs who are much slower then the dbs. And rely on cuts, timing, and catch radius to create rather then pure speed. 

Both are very similar athletically and physically. The big difference is at this point of development mccallster is far more polished and more of a natural pass rusher then jefferson was. 

Both are extremely big, long explosive ends. Im extremely happy to have Mccallster back in blue. If willy signs down south, and with kongbo gone Id love to see roh back as well. If either of those two come back though tough decisions will be a foot. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

It would be unsettling due to the injury history of Zach (assuming he's the guy). However, it's not really that abnormal.  He's got the same amount of CFL experience in terms of being in the league for a year as Dane Evans and Nick Arbuckle had going into last season. You can't always have two proven winners. The teams that will remain competitive long term will be able to identify who can be a solid replacement at QB even if they haven't proven it on the field yet. If there is an opportunity to sign an experienced backup such as MBT or Nichols I would take it. But id rather designate the reps to a promising young QB like McGuire then a player that proved they couldn't get it done like Jennings or Franklin.  I'm willing to bet there are going to be experienced qb's floating around should an injury arise with many teams likely to go down to two quarterbacks. Or two quarterbacks and a third cheap rookie on the practice roster.  Think about it.  Two years ago we had Matt Nichols and an unknown rookie backup out of a small school as our backup. In this scenario Winnipeg would have two qb's with grey cup rings and neither of them rookies. 

I don't really get saying "you can't always have two proven winners". Certainly not what I was implying. 

Saying McGuire has the same amount of experience as so and so doesn't really sway me either.

You can point out the few times it has worked well, and I could show you 1000 that haven't.

10 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Looking into it:

Walby: easily the CFL GOAT. 9 all star awards in 16 years
Aldag: 5 all star awards in 16 years
Bryant: 5 all star awards in 10 years 

Bryant has quietly usurped Aldag's #2 spot on that list. Guy doesn't get the recognition he deserves

You can't talk GOAT without including this guy. He anchored the Bombers OL at LT & was an All Canadian 6 times, four with us. To me, Walby, Bryant & Frank were the 3 best tackles who ever played. Aldag was a guard but Frank looked after every qb's back he protected from Wally Gabler to Don Jonas to Chuck Ealey to Dieter Brock. 

http://www.cfhof.ca/members/bill-frank/

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, BBlink said:

Ouch...still no respect, even after those playoff performances.

No..  Im fine with Hall. I do think that most of the changes that helped the defense to thrive came while Hall was away and were implemented by Glenn Young. I'm confident that Hall can continue the momentum the defense built last year. I'm just looking at a situation where Hall may very well be looking at retiring soon so I would have preferred to go with the younger Glenn Young who I have the utmost confidence in.