Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
M.O.A.B.

Bomber Free Agent Discussion

Recommended Posts

Yeah, Walters is likely saving money for late offseason  NFL pick ups.

The total lack of any rumour regarding Ryhmes signing leads me to believe he is going to wait until the last second to get with an NFL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, Walters is likely saving money for late offseason  NFL pick ups.

The total lack of any rumour regarding Ryhmes signing leads me to believe he is going to wait until the last second to get with an NFL team.

Can't blame him, but reality just won't go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, Walters is likely saving money for late offseason  NFL pick ups.

The total lack of any rumour regarding Ryhmes signing leads me to believe he is going to wait until the last second to get with an NFL team.

his signing tho too may be dependamt on where..what Walker gets...teams are most likey waiting to see where his salary falls then Rhymes probably signs shortly after

The big winner in this, and in effect loser is Daniels/T.O...Especially if walker signs for 200k...or even less which would be crazy...as T.O basically effed themselves paying more money for a lesser talent..one with injury issues to boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting to hear that part of Collaro's salary and if he hits all his bonus money is deferred into 2021...so not on this year's cap. So money most likely is there for a big ticket receiver, as well as Kongbo making about 100k last year also off the books. So obviously there is more in the pot then people like to think...

 

Bauming was talking about this on the radio.   The way he made it sound was that Collaros is making $300 000 hard salary this season and $200 000 in bonus/incentives will be paid out to him next season.     That is not what was reported elsewhere when he signed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Bauming was talking about this on the radio.   The way he made it sound was that Collaros is making $300 000 hard salary this season and $200 000 in bonus/incentives will be paid out to him next season.     That is not what was reported elsewhere when he signed....

Not sure where the 300k is coming from... Dunk had reported his 2020 salary as 440k in hard money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He made it seem like he was making $500 000 with $200 000 being bonus money.....  might be the way he worded it on the radio.    

He also brought up that we are saving money by having McGuire as our backup rather then Strev.... but I can't imagine Strev making that much more then McGuire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booch said:

Interesting to hear that part of Collaro's salary and if he hits all his bonus money is deferred into 2021...so not on this year's cap. So money most likely is there for a big ticket receiver, as well as Kongbo making about 100k last year also off the books. So obviously there is more in the pot then people like to think...

 

That bonus is on top of the hard money...basically gives Collaros an opportunity to earn BLM/Reilly money with performance and health.
 

Kongbo vs rookie at minimum is a saving of about $30,000...so Bryant’s increase or part of Jefferson’s.

My belief based on napkin accounting is that the Bombers could easily slot in another receiver at about $150-160k (essentially replacing the third import spot at $70k, so add about $80-90k).  Beyond that they’d have to get creative, as you mention the injury list would have to help open up some cap space.  Another potential move would be to deal the lowest of the experienced and well compensated NI OL on the depth chart, probably Geoff Gray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, fair point, it just seems odd to me that there has been no talk about him speaking with any team. 

 

Walters was pretty open about Walker on 1290.  Said he doesn’t expect to take a pay cut on what he made last year ($290k) and that the Bombers are basically waiting the situation out with no real pressing need to make a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Walters was pretty open about Walker on 1290.  Said he doesn’t expect to take a pay cut on what he made last year ($290k) and that the Bombers are basically waiting the situation out with no real pressing need to make a move.

Sorry, I meant with Rhymes, but thanks for the info regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice write up from Tait

"“I’m a computer nerd,” began Awe with a chuckle, during a conversation with bluebombers.com from his offseason base in Chicago. “When I was hurt last year in Toronto I couldn’t just sit there and not do anything, so I ended up creating what is basically a prediction app for football. Now I use that technology to predict plays even faster, even more efficiently than ever."

 

"“Maxx and Chandler and I were close friends in B.C. They both went to Winnipeg and both aren’t there right now but they both said ‘This is a great organization.’ It says something to hear that from players who aren’t even there anymore are still talking super positive about it.”"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

"“Maxx and Chandler and I were close friends in B.C. They both went to Winnipeg and both aren’t there right now but they both said ‘This is a great organization.’ It says something to hear that from players who aren’t even there anymore are still talking super positive about it.”"

Maxx Forde didn't even make the team and he's still talking highly about the club... that says a lot about how the players are treated here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brandon said:

He made it seem like he was making $500 000 with $200 000 being bonus money.....  might be the way he worded it on the radio.    

He also brought up that we are saving money by having McGuire as our backup rather then Strev.... but I can't imagine Strev making that much more then McGuire. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

which either way is a team friendly deal...and one in which all likely hood he doesnt make bonus wise, but if he does...we will be a better team for it and have a lower end qb cap hit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...