Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Adam's sets the tone for the receivers.. the grit and dirty yards and is a lethal blocker..which runs off on the others..I hope he is back..with some solid pieces around him..and our ryn game..he doesnt need to be a elite #1 guy..I think we have guys on roster now to be that guy..or one of the newbies..some inruiging guys coming to camp

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Adam's sets the tone for the receivers.. the grit and dirty yards and is a lethal blocker..which runs off on the others..I hope he is back..with some solid pieces around him..and our ryn game..he doesnt need to be a elite #1 guy..I think we have guys on roster now to be that guy..or one of the newbies..some inruiging guys coming to camp

Maybe with Harris as the focal point we don’t need an elite #1 receiver.  

7 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Why is everyone okay with letting Adams walk? He was still our most impactful receiver in playoffs

11-10
22 CGY 2 6 105 1 52.5 71
11-17
23 SSK 4 8 93 0 23.3 63

60+ yard touchdown against Calgary.
60 yard reception against Sask when we were pinned at our goal line.
Quiet in the cup with 2 of 3 with one drop for 11 yards, but still.

We can't afford to lose our one international receiver who has actually shown he is capable of explosion plays. 

I never said I’m ok with him walking. He’s been our best wr for the past 3/4 years. I just don’t think he will get re-signed. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think they will pay him the 160k+ he deserves.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/01/06/winnipeg-blue-bombers-add-five-roster/?fbclid=IwAR1dstZEdnotqxQTULIdMYAqAOHSdhyZ6dMO5Zm9b18jHZjkkkC-QtyqB9o

WINNIPEG, MB., January 6, 2020 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American receivers Travis Rudolph and Kayaune Ross, American defensive backs Malik Boynton and Clifton Duck, and American linebacker Otha Peters.

Rudolph (6-1, 186, Florida State, September 15, 1995, West Palm Beach, FL) comes to Winnipeg after playing three seasons at Florida State with the Seminoles. Rudolph caught 153 passes for 2,311 yards and 18 touchdowns. Following his college career, Rudolph played for the New York Giants making eight catches for 101 yards, as well as played for the Miami Dolphins, where he was placed on the practice roster.

Ross (6-6, 225, Kentucky, July 8, 1994, West Chester, OH) caught 19 passes for 286 yards without a touchdown as a senior at UK. Ross closed his UK career with three catches for 67 yards in the 2017 Music City Bowl.

Duck (5-10, 170, Appalachian State, May 3, 1998, Matthews, N.C) recorded 158 tackles (102 solo), 12 interceptions, one sack, 324 punt return yards and one touchdown in his 39-games three year career with Appalachian State.

Boynton (6-0, 190, Austin Peay State University, June 30 in Detroit, MI.) was in training camp with the club in 2019. He played four seasons for the Austin Peay Governors, tallying 158 total tackles, 11 pass deflections, three forced fumbles and one interception in 43 games. In his senior year, Boynton was named team captain and led the Governors to an eight-win season. In 2018, Boynton spent time with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Memphis Express of the AAF.

Peters (6-0, 235, Louisiana-Lafayette, February 27, 1994 in Covington, Louisiana) played two season with the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns, totalling 162 tackles, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and four pass deflections in 25 games. In 2017, Peters signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. He also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs, playing in three NFL games.

O’Shea on Matt Nichols:

“I do think he’ll be ready to play. You don’t have to be around Matt for long to understand how tough he is, and how competitive, and how hard he’s going to work. It’s been well documented that he’s had some setbacks due to injury and I don’t know if that’s ever stopped him from doing anything, He rehabs his butt off and then he’s ready to go and perform at a high level again.”

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

O’Shea on Matt Nichols:

“I do think he’ll be ready to play. You don’t have to be around Matt for long to understand how tough he is, and how competitive, and how hard he’s going to work. It’s been well documented that he’s had some setbacks due to injury and I don’t know if that’s ever stopped him from doing anything, He rehabs his butt off and then he’s ready to go and perform at a high level again.”

Stopped him from moving well in the pocket the last two years. 

Seems a foregone conclusion that they bring him back I just hope it's not at big money or as a defacto starter. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Seems a foregone conclusion that they bring him back I just hope it's not at big money or as a defacto starter. 

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

O'Shea pretty much says the same thing every time about every player.

Exactly. Trying to take anything out of what MOS says about players is 100% a waste of time.

What MOS was supposed to say, one supposes:

“I don't think he’ll be ready to play. It’s been well documented that his throwing shoulder is screwed, and since his last lower body injury, Matt has the mobility of a fence post.  He may never be able to perform at a high level ever again.”

50 minutes ago, do or die said:

“I don't think he’ll be ready to play. It’s been well documented that his throwing shoulder is screwed, and since his last lower body injury, Matt has the mobility of a fence post.  He may never be able to perform at a high level ever again.”

The real goods and reality can escape us at times.....

22 hours ago, do or die said:

He doesnt have to be blunt or brutal, but youve gotta be realistic and cant tether the team down. 

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He doesn't have to be blunt or brutal, but you've gotta be realistic and cant tether the team down. 

The QB position has got to be the most demanding one on the team. Many an athlete has pronounced him/herself recovered and ready to roll, but the team found out that was not so. I would think that a good  athlete does not have to lose  high percentage of ability to become a so-so performer.  This may be so with Nichols- in the past, when he was injured but still able/willing to play, his performance dropped off a lot. And he is a year older now, so his being able to win and keep a starting role is iffy.

On 2020-01-08 at 7:51 AM, wbbfan said:

O'shea would be saying the same thing even if they were planning on moving on from him. 

29 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Who was the last QB to start his pro career in Canada and subsequently signed as a QB in the NFL?  Jeff Garcia?

Farhan Lalji says as many at 8 NFL teams interested in Chris Streveler, sounds like he's as good as gone: https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/nfl-workout-watch-qb-chris-streveler~1873125

I’m taking a wait and see approach on this one.  The problem is he can’t work out for nfl teams.  The problem with Streveler playing in the NFL Is how he plays.  He takes on contact directly.  He’s very fast but doesn’t have finesse moves or presence of mind to get down and avoid contact. If he can’t stay healthy in the cfl with this style imagine how things will go for him against bigger defenders and a smaller field. Taysom Hill rarely throws the ball and is mostly used as a receiver. Last time I checked Streveler wasn’t a high end receiver before switching back to qb and downgraded schools. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I’m taking a wait and see approach on this one.  The problem is he can’t work out for nfl teams.  The problem with Streveler playing in the NFL Is how he plays.  He takes on contact directly.  He’s very fast but doesn’t have finesse moves or presence of mind to get down and avoid contact. If he can’t stay healthy in the cfl with this style imagine how things will go for him against bigger defenders and a smaller field. Taysom Hill rarely throws the ball and is mostly used as a receiver. Last time I checked Streveler wasn’t a high end receiver before switching back to qb and downgraded schools. 

Hill never played receiver before he joined the Saints.

If you want to see Streveler avoid contact watch the highlights of the West Semi Final when he ran right past the entire Calgary D ON A BROKEN FOOT!