2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

7 hours ago, J5V said:

"Pulled back muscle keeps QB Cody Fajardo out of practice, status for Saturday in doubt" -- 3DN

Oh oh! That's not good news for Rider fans. Has their luck finally dried up? It's not easy to diagnose back injuries. How do they know it's a "pulled back muscle"? They're hoping that's all it is and that it might heal in the next week or two, but I know back injuries and they are very hard to diagnose and almost always end up being worse that originally thought. Really they're just guessing. A lot will be determined by how much pain is involved. A pulled muscle can result in tears to the muscle tissue, the tendons, the fascia, etc. and the bones of the back are quite small and are easily fractured and disks are easily herniated. Let's hope it's nothing serious but don't be surprised if it turns out to be worse than originally thought.

literally the 3rd time in the last two pages of this thread that this has been posted...

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Charlie Taafe made his mark in the CFL with the Als as an OC losing to the Lions at the 2000 Grey Cup. He had a lot of offensive talent to work with like Anthony Calvillo, Ben Cahoon, Tyree Davis & Thomas Haskins as well as a very, very good OL. In Hamilton as HC the talent just wasn't there & his qb Casey Printers may have been one of the laziest & selfish qbs who ever played in the CFL. No surprise they finished 3-15 that year. He fell on his sword & was fired. 

HAM. There wasn't even a proper system in place in place for him never mind a decent roster. Talent pipeline, if you can call it that,  was his college contacts

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Fajardo has a oblique issue. Those are more common in baseball usually take a while before they are right.

"Typical recovery time

While some mild oblique strains can be resolved in just a few days, severe strains can require surgery with a recovery time of 3-4 months."

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

not happy that the season is almost over. three weeks left.

also,

cutting off the end of a log with a chain saw, worst scoring celebration in history.

Khari, congratulations. coach of the year probably.

Unless followed by placing the cut end in a

s keet launcher and using a cannon to blast it out of the sky 

Edited by VoR

12 hours ago, Mark F said:

not happy that the season is almost over. three weeks left.

also,

cutting off the end of a log with a chain saw, worst scoring celebration in history.

Khari, congratulations. coach of the year probably.

All I hope is that there’s three more Bomber games and victories left in this season. 

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Here's to Edmonton pulling it out and then us going to Mosiac next week and laying down a beating on the Riders behind the heroics of Collaros.

and I hope we do it against Harker too because the pitiful cries of "but our qb was injured!!!!!" all offseason would warm my heart. 

29 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Here's to Edmonton pulling it out and then us going to Mosiac next week and laying down a beating on the Riders behind the heroics of Collaros.

How long before the cheap, dirty head shots get aimed at Zach? The Riders are every bit the dirt bags Cgy is.

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

TSN stated the damage was pretty extensive. Oblique pulls sap power from the throwing motion. Fajardo may be done for the year.

They can freeze the pain but if the power is gone there is nothing that can be done

I had what I thought may be a strained oblique, and it hurt to do everything for a month (including breathe). It hurt all the time. Could not sleep. 

If I had a strained oblique, that is no fun. 

It is a weird injury, it feels deep, not like other strains, I don't know how to describe it other than a deep  pulling,  tearing feeling that never feels like it is stable.

Edited by Geebrr