Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Message added by Rich

Recommended Posts

I suppose they may be confident enough in Couture and Gray and if that’s the case, it’s understandable. Plus, we have pick four and five in the draft that will likely go to restocking the OL cupboard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I suppose they may be confident enough in Couture and Gray and if that’s the case, it’s understandable. Plus, we have pick four and five in the draft that will likely go to restocking the OL cupboard.  

Raw rookie and a guy who has very little playing time backed up by a draft pick or two replacing young all star quality O linemen? Sounds like a serious downgrade to our O line to me.

Edited by TBURGESS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Raw rookie and a guy who has very little playing time backed up by a draft pick or two replacing young all star quality O linemen? Sounds like a serious downgrade to our O line to me.

No doubt it’ll be a downgrade. But you got to have a limit on what you’re willing to pay guys. Especially when we’ve invested so much draft capital in the OL. We have to be able to replace guys when other teams sign them away in FA.

I tell you though, between Goosen, Corney, and potentially Chungh, this is a lot of high draft picks (who should be hitting their prime years) that are no longer helping our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-08 at 10:36 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

In order - it is just you, no he hasn’t, and no he isn’t. 

Matt Nichols took a lot of crap on this board at times last year (I was not exempt from getting on him when he complained about the boos), but when it’s -30 outside and many Americans head south ftom the day the season ends to the start of trading camp, here’s our offensive leader giving back to the community and doing more than just a quick autograph session for a fee. I’m impressed to see him engage on a personal level with the Brandon fans. Kudos to him!

Nichols did a news conf Jan 17 and then went to Brandon Jan 25 - the first time he surfaced since a very pedestrian offensive performance in the W final where he converted just five of 22 second down conversion chances (22%).  It is perfectly fine for fans to look at Nichols with a critical eye - he has become a lightning rod after costing us multiple losses last season while refusing to admit it. Take another look at the athlete in at that Brandon Wheat Kings video and ask yourself if this looks like a QB who can take the Bombers to the cup and win it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Raw rookie and a guy who has very little playing time backed up by a draft pick or two replacing young all star quality O linemen? Sounds like a serious downgrade to our O line to me.

Can’t keep everyone. Especially people who don’t want to be here. At least there’s a contingency plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if they want to sign him they will..depending on money value. I just think Chungh wants to see what he's worth on open market

Now with Burnham signing there for 200kish..Reilly possibly 700k..Soli already at 200+K there cant be a lot left..especially if they want to sign Awe and or Lokombo..as well as extend Lulay to back up..so be hard to be outbid for Chungh and if we are..I would gladly welcome Awe or Lokombo..or TJ Lee who also needs a deal..pieces are gonna shake free there..Posey as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well if they want to sign him they will..depending on money value. I just think Chungh wants to see what he's worth on open market

Now with Burnham signing there for 200kish..Reilly possibly 700k..Soli already at 200+K there cant be a lot left..especially if they want to sign Awe and or Lokombo..as well as extend Lulay to back up..so be hard to be outbid for Chungh and if we are..I would gladly welcome Awe or Lokombo..or TJ Lee who also needs a deal..pieces are gonna shake free there..Posey as well 

Lee just got his new deal so there's now even less money in BC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reilly (supposedly)...Lee...Burnham...there's a big chunk right there for the lions....Posey looks like he could be moving on and would be a nice pick-up  ..I just wonder what's going on in Walkers head in Edm. with the knowledge that Reilly won't be chuckin his way...I thought he would possibly follow Mike to the leos but with the re-upping of Burnham there that's not likely...Walker here would also be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booch said:

Well if they want to sign him they will..depending on money value. I just think Chungh wants to see what he's worth on open market

Now with Burnham signing there for 200kish..Reilly possibly 700k..Soli already at 200+K there cant be a lot left..especially if they want to sign Awe and or Lokombo..as well as extend Lulay to back up..so be hard to be outbid for Chungh and if we are..I would gladly welcome Awe or Lokombo..or TJ Lee who also needs a deal..pieces are gonna shake free there..Posey as well 

Chungh is currently asking for more than Bighill received, so he's exceeded his worth to the club, with the large savings found from both his and Goosen's contract they should be able to sign Lokombo plus two more highly regarded Natl. F.A.'s. to play on the D side of the ball in rotation.  This begins to re-balance the ratio, covers over JSK if he goes elsewhere and gives them the potential to negotiate an agreeable price with Lofler if he is the best Natl. available, to maintain stability in the secondary.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I think I'd go cheap and promote somebody from within, rather than spend $180k on anybody at safety.

I agree in terms of Loffler but Adeleke is an elite return threat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jesse said:

No doubt it’ll be a downgrade. But you got to have a limit on what you’re willing to pay guys. Especially when we’ve invested so much draft capital in the OL. We have to be able to replace guys when other teams sign them away in FA.

I tell you though, between Goosen, Corney, and potentially Chungh, this is a lot of high draft picks (who should be hitting their prime years) that are no longer helping our team.

This is why you stockpile them and sign free agent Canadians when you have the chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think the bombers can be out bid for Chungh. It's just a matter of where HE wants to play, he basically has his pick of teams...its just who is willing to pay equal or more then the bombers.

I don't agree with this. Walters has said guys like Loffler are testing FA, while negotiations with Chungh's camp continued. We want him, he's willing to be here, but we haven't met the number he thinks he can get in the open market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Booch said:

There you go..cap space will be getting tight there if Reilly gets what's reported

People keep referencing BC like that's the only spot for our FA's to go. Chungh is looking for the best deal possible and I don't think he cares which team offers him 250+. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't agree with this. Walters has said guys like Loffler are testing FA, while negotiations with Chungh's camp continued. We want him, he's willing to be here, but we haven't met the number he thinks he can get in the open market.

That's basically what I said...if the bombers lose out, it won't be because they didn't try, it'll be because the other offers are just too good to refuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jesse said:

People keep referencing BC like that's the only spot for our FA's to go. Chungh is looking for the best deal possible and I don't think he cares which team offers him 250+. 

 

well of course...but reports were Hervey was interested...and he is a B.C boy....I still think he signs back here but not for 250k...I doubt he gets that anywhere as that would make him one of the highest paid guys in the leaue other than a Q.B and he ain't that good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×