Calgary @ Sask

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders are not impressive and yet are 3-3 and still in the race. Here's to the next month changing that.

Their three wins thus far are against Toronto (1) and Hamilton (2). In fact, the Riders have yet to beat an opponent that is over .500. Oh yeah, and they lost to Montreal. You could say the same about us, but at least two of our losses were close games (BC / EDM) against Western opponents.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm still a big fan of Brandon Bridge... love to see him in Blue & Gold as a backup or 1b with Streveler eventually

Stephen McAdoo is the worst OC in the league and there's some bad OCs this year

Bridge sucks. He cant even hit a screen pass. His accuracy rating was 20% last night. Cant open up the playbook if he cant execute the basic plays.

That one was over in the first quarter...then Cal. went into cruise control...Beat down for sure and the natives were really twitching in their seats thinking 'what the hell was that' … and murmuring 'I thought we were a first place club'....LOL....The real soft spots on that club are starting to appear in great number

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm still a big fan of Brandon Bridge...

Why? What does he do as a quarterback that makes you think he's going to develop into anything beyond an athlete who can run around a bit? He's not exactly a raw rookie, yet the only passing play he has is run around and heave it hoping for the best... I said it before, I will say it again, he's like a shitty Michael Bishop. 

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That one was over in the first quarter...then Cal. went into cruise control...Beat down for sure and the natives were really twitching in their seats thinking 'what the hell was that' … and murmuring 'I thought we were a first place club'....LOL....The real soft spots on that club are starting to appear in great number

And that loud crash you heard this morning from the west was Rider nation plummeting back to earth after realizing they are not a very good team.

1 hour ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I wonder if Rod Pederson is finally going to acknowledge Rider fans booing last night.  He chastises Bomber fans for doing that and praises Rider fans for never booing the home team.

Don't blame them. Horrible offensive play calling last night, tough to watch but very enjoyable at the same time.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Why? What does he do as a quarterback that makes you think he's going to develop into anything beyond an athlete who can run around a bit? He's not exactly a raw rookie, yet the only passing play he has is run around and heave it hoping for the best... I said it before, I will say it again, he's like a shitty Michael Bishop. 

It doesn't help with accuracy when his fundamentals are lacking compared to other starting qbs. He throws the ball differently than Reilly, Nicholls, Mitchell et al.  I always thought he was overrated & it showed last night. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I wouldn't get too freaked out about how bad a young QB plays against Claybrooks and Singleton...  

I like his arm mechanics, think he throws a strong ball and yes, I see comparisons to Mike Bishop...  Bishop could have been a very good QB but he just never learned how to calm down... or perhaps think.

Jarious Jackson played a significant role in Bridge's success last year and he needs a legit CFL QB coach - this year, he barely gets a chance to get a rhythm and now Jones is already talking about how Collaros is almost back... guy needs confidence and an OL...

Again, I'm saying Bridge could be a great 1b to Streveler in a couple years..  so don't go all OCD on me and start arguing a point that I'm not making.  I wouldn't take Bridge as a starter on any team right now other than the Als... 

Edit:  And Toronto...

Edited by Floyd

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm still a big fan of Brandon Bridge... love to see him in Blue & Gold as a backup or 1b with Streveler eventually

You want a guy who can't read a D and just checks it down each play. Myself and many other posters could do that.

Riders issues are more than bad OC work..sure he is lousy but he is trying to devise a game plan where the QB has to get the ball out in 1 to 2 seconds..because the piss poor oline cant sustain much for blocking more than that..the coaches know it and are doing the offence they do so they can protect Bridge and avoid injury.. or him getting pounded and getting the Willy's

He goes down and they are reeaally screwed..more than they are now.

Factor in if u ask me other than Roosevalt a weak receiving Corp with no veteran presence to see things and recognize where to go and it just makes it worse. Getting rid of Bagg..Grant..Owen's was soooooo dumb and falls solely on coaches and GM and mismanaging a SMS system caused it. Carter might help that offence but I doubt it and his immaturity and whining and **** disturbing he would cause due to not getting balls thrown to him or ones that are being uncatchable would totally fragment that team more than it is..coaches know it too and prob why they keep him away.

The fact on defense that they have to move him around on defense basically to try and hide him so not to get exposed is also telling. For all the tire pumping fans and some media give Jones he is the sole reason the team is at the point they are..and the bonus part about it is he is to egotistical to make the right changes and this will continue..and nbn is funny as heck

Edited by Booch

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

You want a guy who can't read a D and just checks it down each play. Myself and many other posters could do that.

Yeah... um no you couldn't.

And secondly, as I said, Bridge has potential...  He's checking down more this year but that team is a tire fire offensively - last year, he played pretty well

Again, can't use performance Claybrooks D as a gauge of his all around ability - Calgary has the best D in the league

You're arguing a point I'm not making - I think Bridge could be a very, very good 1B QB in a couple years - I wouldn't write him off at all

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Yeah... um no you couldn't.

And secondly, as I said, Bridge has potential...  He's checking down more this year but that team is a tire fire offensively - last year, he played pretty well

Again, can't use performance Claybrooks D as a gauge of his all around ability - Calgary has the best D in the league

You're arguing a point I'm not making - I think Bridge could be a very, very good 1B QB in a couple years - I wouldn't write him off at all

111 yards versus Montreal

101 yards versus Hamilton

165 yards versus Hamilton

147 yards versus Calgary

1 td pass in those four games.

He didn't just struggle against Calgary.  I don't see a guy who's a 1B, I see a guy whose not good enough and I want far away from my team.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

111 yards versus Montreal

101 yards versus Hamilton

165 yards versus Hamilton

147 yards versus Calgary

1 td pass in those four games.

He didn't just struggle against Calgary.  I don't see a guy who's a 1B, I see a guy whose not good enough and I want far away from my team.

Wow, you're pretty passionate about not liking Bridge... fair enough

Not sure what you expect for stats... the guy has been rotating with Watford for most of the season

Sorry man but we'd be 'fine' with Streveler passing for 165 yards and no INTs... and you know it

I'll wait and see what Bridge can do against Edmonton - their D is still good but not as scary as it used to be

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

yes, I see comparisons to Mike Bishop...  Bishop could have been a very good QB but he just never learned how to calm down... or perhaps think.

he's not a rookie, he should have shown some progress in the mental aspect already and hasn't. It's not just against Calgary, he's been **** all year long and at this point I doubt he ever gets it. Just another in a long line of guys with athletic abilities that can't mentally play the game at the professional level. 

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

He would be no.4 in our current system.  After four years in the league he should have progressed more.

I guess we should not be worried about the Riders' fan but reading how the refs screwed then all night is rich.  Only when they lose you say?

Edited by LeBird