Calgary @ Sask

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah but if streveler can only manage that 4 years into his career we would be running him out of town.

Fairly typical cherry-picking...  sorry man - '4 years into his career' is bogus...  5 games over 2 years - then thrown into the starters role in his 3rd year... then thrown back in again in his fourth - only this time in some ridiculous Jones' rotation

Bridge proved he could play last year - he wasn't 'great' but an avg what 200 yards a game in games that he started with a 2 or 3-1 TD-INT ratio - there's potential

Ridiculous to write him off before he gets a chance to play with a decent OL

Tons of qbs do well off the bench but struggle when  they are the starter. Bridge caught lightning in a bottle last year spelling off the very different Glenn but that wasn't even that impressive. Was still broken plays that he did everything on. Bridge will not ever become what you think he will. I ain't cherry picking anything by the way, you compared a raw rookie to a guy with 4 seasons under his belt.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Tons of qbs do well off the bench but struggle when  they are the starter. Bridge caught lightning in a bottle last year spelling off the very different Glenn but that wasn't even that impressive. Was still broken plays that he did everything on. Bridge will not ever become what you think he will. I ain't cherry picking anything by the way, you compared a raw rookie to a guy with 4 seasons under his belt.

Yeah, if a Wpg 'rookie' QB came in and did what Bridge did last year, you would have wet yourself.

But yeah, sure, you're right - Brandon Bridge will never be good enough to be Chris Streveler's backup in 2020... what was I ever thinking.  You can stop rocking back and forth now.

My turn to be OCD...  checked the game out again...

McAdoo called nothing but rushing plays in the first quarter...  by the end of that Calgary was up 24-0...  of course, Bridge is checking down, Calgary is in prevent for the rest of the game... McAdoo had no answers, no adjustments

No QB is making that Sask OL look good...

2 hours ago, do or die said:

With Bridge you have to have the pocket move and him rolling out.....this current approach of thinking he is some kind of pocket passer, will not wear well.

Agreed. Jones may have some creds as a defensive coordinator, but he sucks as someone who oversees the offence. And he is not smart enough to hire a top-notch OC.

I will say the o-line also sucks so he does have at least one "excuse".   He also did play much better last year when he had some protection and Carter at receiver.   

That being said I would think running 3 different RB's the switching back and forth with the backups,   weak receiving core... weak o-line all factor in why the team sucks.    I honestly think they'd be better off chucking it deep every play and hope to get a PI or reception...

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah, if a Wpg 'rookie' QB came in and did what Bridge did last year, you would have wet yourself.

But yeah, sure, you're right - Brandon Bridge will never be good enough to be Chris Streveler's backup in 2020... what was I ever thinking.  You can stop rocking back and forth now.

he wasn't a rookie last year. It's not just about playing time, it's also about going through training camps and practises. Bridge hasn't progressed through any of that, why do you get so hot and bothered thinking he's magically going to get better? I'm not seeing it, if anything he's regressed since last season. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

he wasn't a rookie last year. It's not just about playing time, it's also about going through training camps and practises. Bridge hasn't progressed through any of that, why do you get so hot and bothered thinking he's magically going to get better? I'm not seeing it, if anything he's regressed since last season. 

I'd like to see a QB's Wonderlic score posted along side their physical stats., I think there would be an amazing correlation between their score and their ability to read a defence and exploit it consistently.  Some of these football players have the IQ of tree stumps, It's just a fact, successful QB's seem to be reasonably intelligent humans who can process information quickly.  

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

he's not a rookie, he should have shown some progress in the mental aspect already and hasn't. It's not just against Calgary, he's been **** all year long and at this point I doubt he ever gets it. Just another in a long line of guys with athletic abilities that can't mentally play the game at the professional level. 

Fair.

But their Oline has been porous all year, so i think you are expecting too much from Him.  Collaras et all had the same issues. 

We complained about how horrible our o-line was for years and was the main cause of horrible QBing, along with horrible QBs.  But IF Bridge et all had alot more time behind an o-line like ours, he wouldn't have to panic after the first read or two were covered. 

I have no interest in him coming here, but, i wouldn't say hes a write off based solely on the horrible team he is playing behind.

Yet they are .500

12 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Fair.

But their Oline has been porous all year, so i think you are expecting too much from Him.  Collaras et all had the same issues. 

We complained about how horrible our o-line was for years and was the main cause of horrible QBing, along with horrible QBs.  But IF Bridge et all had alot more time behind an o-line like ours, he wouldn't have to panic after the first read or two were covered. 

I have no interest in him coming here, but, i wouldn't say hes a write off based solely on the horrible team he is playing behind.

Yet they are .500

This is the litmus test for just how much of a failure Jones is as a GM responsible for building a team as opposed to Walters record.  In 3 years he's done little to build up his O-line, instead he's chosen to shuffle and reshuffle his personnel every year and has little to show for his CDN. draft picks.  Continuity is not in his vocabulary, perhaps having Murphy as a crutch to rely on has hampered his team building capability rather than helped it.

19 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd like to see a QB's Wonderlic score posted along side their physical stats., I think there would be an amazing correlation between their score and their ability to read a defence and exploit it consistently.  Some of these football players have the IQ of tree stumps, It's just a fact, successful QB's seem to be reasonably intelligent humans who can process information quickly.  

Terry Bradshaw was admittedly not a Mensa member....but I bet he can count to four (as in rings).

I think one of Sask's problems this year is that McAdoo crafted a playbook around Collaros - who really is a pocket passing QB... - neither Bridge or Watford play in that style...  completely different set of tools - Sask would have been better off with Glenn as Collaros backup

Wpg is very lucky that Streveler is a Matt Nichols type guy but with scrambling ability...