3 stars + hh a franklin spankin

wbbfan

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

One player from offence, one defence, one special teams, one turnover. 

1. Demski, because of points.

2. JSK, because of stats.

3. Miller, because Of his impact on ST.

HH. Dresser. Because he’s sly. 

Last week Harris was featured. This week, Demski stood out. Previously Streveler.  The individual performance’s are remarkable. Is designing plays for different players and his execution part of a greater strategy which doesn’t allow opposing teams later in the year an opportunity to plan an adequate defensive strategy for more important games? 

Good to see Dressler featuring in the Bomber offence after a couple of games where he did not. He is at the point in his career where a replacement needs to be groomed.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Which brings up an interesting question: the Argos were ready for Harris and stopped him short almost every play, yet the Bombers had to know Wilder would feature prominently in the Argo offensive planning. Despite this, Wilder had a great game, breaking off several long runs. Why could the Bombers not stop Wilder as effectively as the Argos did for Harris?

Wilder had 80 yards rushing at just over 5 per carry.  I’ll take that every week.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

That can be said about any play though.  The 50 yard bomb downfield works great, when it works.  The hand off up the gut is great, when it works.  Yet the pass can be intercepted and the hand off fumbled.  There is no safe play.  The idea is to take educated risks to keep the D a little bit off balance,  and from my perspective, appears to be working.  

Yes - but my point is that trick plays have added risk for a reward we don't need against the lowly Argo's.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

If yer afraid of bobbling a ball during the course of a game then you probably shouldn't be out there......and we need the wins now, lots of them if we can. Cement a playoff position, then roll through the playoffs this year.  

Absolutely but that kind of play is generally reserved for creating a spark when the team is struggling - not as an opening kickoff thing. I just thought it was too cute.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Averaging 5 touches a game. 

Over 300 yards receiving. 11.4 ish avg per catch. Bombers spread the ball around to everyone. We arent an O based on 2 guys like Edmonton. We spread it around. 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Absolutely but that kind of play is generally reserved for creating a spark when the team is struggling - not as an opening kickoff thing. I just thought it was too cute.

I was okay with the opening play.....I thought it was smart because all the Argos were all heading in the direction of that side of the field, and deep in the corner....so immediately giving it to the other guy who all ready had a head of steam heading to the other side of the field......his speed and all that open field almost makes it a no brainer play. But yeh they can't be doing it every play.

the trick play I didn't like was the first down play deep in the Argos end where they passed it around 3 or 4 times and got nothing for it.........I was thinking just play normal ball at that point and let the guys pound it in

41 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

the trick play I didn't like was the first down play deep in the Argos end where they passed it around 3 or 4 times and got nothing for it.........I was thinking just play normal ball at that point and let the guys pound it in

Yes - the double reverse flea flicker play at about the Argo's 30 yard line.. usually flea flickers are designed to get the defensive backs to bite on the run, but from where they were on the field, the Argo defenders could recover on route coverage because the ball was already at about the 30 yard line.

On top of that - having the ball change hands three times (Nichols -> Player A -> Player B -> Nichols) before making a pass is asking a lot from your offensive line, as the play takes longer to develop, not to mention more laterals means more steps where things can go wrong.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Perhaps Franklins problem is Trestmans O is designed for QBs who cant run? I mean AC Cutler Ray... These guys are pure pocket passers with little to no ability to run. Maybe just maybe Trestman isnt this QB guru people make him out to be. Name 1 QB he has developed who isnt a pure pocket passer. 

If a QB can’t throw from the pocket, the rest of his skill set is a moot point. 

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

1. Demski - what a game. Feel like Riders wasted two years of his career by playing him at wideout. He is type of player that needs to be close to the LOS.

2.JSK Adam Bighills biggest impact is his effect on JSK. 

3. Mike Miller why did the Eskimos release him he is the best SP teams foot soldier in the league

HH Darvin Adams did not have a big night on the stats sheet but was still fully engaged in the game. He blew up some poor Argo on Wolitarskys TD

Big block on the Demski run too..he does all the things right..always been a kick ass blocker since he arrived here

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Many of those trick plays have several plays you can run off of them. Put it on tape make your opponents game plan it then run plays off it.

Exactly..on the punt where Darvin passed it Strevler is the second option..Harris is the primary target but 2 Argos went with him and covered him so a pass to him would have been most likely incomplete or picked off.

Kudos to Adam's for recognizing it and Strev's for doing his part and running his part to a T and being in the spot to make the play.

Well coached 

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Yes - the double reverse flea flicker play at about the Argo's 30 yard line.. usually flea flickers are designed to get the defensive backs to bite on the run, but from where they were on the field, the Argo defenders could recover on route coverage because the ball was already at about the 30 yard line.

On top of that - having the ball change hands three times (Nichols -> Player A -> Player B -> Nichols) before making a pass is asking a lot from your offensive line, as the play takes longer to develop, not to mention more laterals means more steps where things can go wrong.

But then none of that happened did it? So you are complaining about nothing, and it is not in keeping with your screen name 

5 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Argos paid for stacking the box to stop Harris. Nichols said Argos went with 3 traditional linebackers opening up the deeper routes.

The Argos talked about how the Bombers go as Harris goes and they said if they stopped him they liked their chances of stopping the Bombers offense. Wrong. Bombers have the horses to beat you however they want to. Just because no one was stopping Harris before doesn't mean the Bombers can't pass the ball. Why bother passing if you can get Harris to go for 100+ though?

yeah pretty much showed that this offence is balanced and has many different ways to beat you...focus your game plan on one aspect...two others step up and become the dagger..so it's a pick your poison type thing with our offence...and this is very encouraging and will eliminate any prolonged offensive dry spells.

once tompkins gets more game savy and integrated we may get even better...and just love how the o-line drives everything..mean..nasty and play right from whistle to whistle..downfield punishing guys and helping the weapons all over the field. come cold weather football these guys are going to just be punishing teams left right and center

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and just love how the o-line drives everything..mean..nasty and play right from whistle to whistle..downfield punishing guys and helping the weapons all over the field.

What I loved to see last night was when the Argos would stand up a ball carrier and tried to strip him, out of no where a big Olineman would blow up one of the defenders. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah pretty much showed that this offence is balanced and has many different ways to beat you...focus your game plan on one aspect...two others step up and become the dagger..so it's a pick your poison type thing with our offence...and this is very encouraging and will eliminate any prolonged offensive dry spells.

once tompkins gets more game savy and integrated we may get even better...and just love how the o-line drives everything..mean..nasty and play right from whistle to whistle..downfield punishing guys and helping the weapons all over the field. come cold weather football these guys are going to just be punishing teams left right and center

I just imagine those 5 get a ton of respect in the locker room.

40 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Although the called running play by Nichols wasn't particularly successful, it does show that his previously injured knee is good. 

This makes me happy.

He only went a yard, and only got yard by falling forward.  Never really did get to see him run. I was surprised they called a play like that for him. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Although the called running play by Nichols wasn't particularly successful, it does show that his previously injured knee is good. 

This makes me happy.

It also shows that he has zero awareness and shouldn't scramble...  he had a wide open field just one step to the left and yet he ran right by the D-lineman who wrapped him up. 

23 hours ago, Tracker said:

Which brings up an interesting question: the Argos were ready for Harris and stopped him short almost every play, yet the Bombers had to know Wilder would feature prominently in the Argo offensive planning. Despite this, Wilder had a great game, breaking off several long runs. Why could the Bombers not stop Wilder as effectively as the Argos did for Harris?

The bombers shut wilder down the previous week. The argos adjusted to what we did and took advantage. Trestman is a good coach. And its bloody hard to win back to backs because of this. Teams adjust, do you adjust out of some thing successful to some thing low use and risk out thinking your self? 

23 hours ago, Goalie said:

Perhaps Franklins problem is Trestmans O is designed for QBs who cant run? I mean AC Cutler Ray... These guys are pure pocket passers with little to no ability to run. Maybe just maybe Trestman isnt this QB guru people make him out to be. Name 1 QB he has developed who isnt a pure pocket passer. 

No doubt his offense is centered around a specific tool set. Also remember this offense was built around expecting ricky ray to be the starter. It takes time to make adjustments and fine tune it for some one else, especially with a different tool set. 

Franklin is still a good prospective qb1. He just isnt instant jesus. Streveler has moved the bar higher and franklin just isnt ready for it just yet. 

23 hours ago, Rod Black said:

One player from offence, one defence, one special teams, one turnover. 

1. Demski, because of points.

2. JSK, because of stats.

3. Miller, because Of his impact on ST.

HH. Dresser. Because he’s sly. 

Last week Harris was featured. This week, Demski stood out. Previously Streveler.  The individual performance’s are remarkable. Is designing plays for different players and his execution part of a greater strategy which doesn’t allow opposing teams later in the year an opportunity to plan an adequate defensive strategy for more important games? 

Offensive diversity is the name of our game this year. We have soo many guys we can lean on, weave in and feature you cant cheat too much to one guy or one aspect.