3 stars + hh a franklin spankin

wbbfan

1 Big-knox. The combo was on fire tonight, but JSK was beasting like never before. 10 tackles 3 sacks.

2 Brandon alexander, A pic and a forced fumble, plus some great, great coverage tonight. 

3 Demski, 5 catches 82 yards 1 td + our leading rusher 3 for 34 and another score.

HH The reverse on the opening return by petermann. Guy has some jets. 

what is with Franklin? 

Was he always this bad? 

when he drops back He just stands there like he's in the line at Tim Hortons.

He looked better in his first game this season... 

The East is in bad shape. Not a good thing.

Liked the game, but like everyone says, the O trickery has gone too far, and going to bite them. 

Nice to see the players having fun. They have a good combination of youthful enthusiasm,  and experience.

1. Demski - what a game. Feel like Riders wasted two years of his career by playing him at wideout. He is type of player that needs to be close to the LOS.

2.JSK Adam Bighills biggest impact is his effect on JSK. 

3. Mike Miller why did the Eskimos release him he is the best SP teams foot soldier in the league

HH Darvin Adams did not have a big night on the stats sheet but was still fully engaged in the game. He blew up some poor Argo on Wolitarskys TD

1. Harris - not as explosive as last week, but still keeps the offense chugging along.

2. Medlock - Perfect on the night and piled on the points when they were available.

3. Alexander - Argo's tried to get after him last night, but he kept his own.

HH - Mike Miller for the beastly block.

Franklin was absolutely atrocious... for those keeping track, the single-game record for most turnovers in a single game by a team is 13, set by the Bombers in their own backyard against the Argos on July 20, 1990. The Bombers still somehow managed to win that game 34-17.

34 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Liked the game, but like everyone says, the O trickery has gone too far, and going to bite them.

There is a time and a place for trickery - I just don't understand the logic behind running all the razzle dazzle against a vastly inferior team. You showcase your gadget plays against one of the worst teams in the league - it makes it easier for other (tougher) opponents to sniff it out when you might actually need that play in a game.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

what is with Franklin? 

Was he always this bad? 

when he drops back He just stands there like he's in the line at Tim Hortons.

He looked better in his first game this season... 

The East is in bad shape. Not a good thing.

Nice to see the players having fun. They have a good combination of youthful enthusiasm,  and experience.

All good questions. He seems to lack all urgency in the pocket. So nonchalant taking the ball and holding it, throwing away in some bad spots. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

There is a time and a place for trickery - I just don't understand the logic behind running all the razzle dazzle against a vastly inferior team. You showcase your gadget plays against one of the worst teams in the league - it makes it easier for other (tougher) opponents to sniff it out when you might actually need that play in a game.

Yeah the location of our trick play calls is baffling some times.

Miller indeed had another great game. Ogopogo was getting held on every other play. It was driving me mad. Jeffcoat also with a ton of pressure again tnite. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1. JSK - 10 tackles. 3 sacks says it all 

2. Demski - just outstanding. 

3. Thompkins - he has like 12 yards less than Bowman did in 6 games

HH - Miller. That punt block was Derek Jones vs BC last year esque

Thompkins looks like a great find. Hope he keeps it up. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

All good questions. He seems to lack all urgency in the pocket. So nonchalant taking the ball and holding it, throwing away in some bad spots. 

Yeah the location of our trick play calls is baffling some times.

Miller indeed had another great game. Ogopogo was getting held on every other play. It was driving me mad. Jeffcoat also with a ton of pressure again tnite. 

I think that's the point, isn't it?  Calling a trick play when they know it's coming might not be as productive.

I think that when you've got some people saying that our OC is too conservative and others saying that there is too much razzle-dazzle that's a good indication that he's probably spot on.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Many of those trick plays have several plays you can run off of them. Put it on tape make your opponents game plan it then run plays off it.

Sure... but if you kept it in your bag of tricks, they'd be even less likely to recognize the formation... at a minimum, you would have one more play from that set that the opponent won't have tape of which would be the play you ran against the Argo's.

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I think that's the point, isn't it?  Calling a trick play when they know it's coming might not be as productive.

I think that when you've got some people saying that our OC is too conservative and others saying that there is too much razzle-dazzle that's a good indication that he's probably spot on.

Yeah but I think we're playing a bit with fire here - trick plays are great when they work. The big problem is when they blow up in your face - would we have seen a different outcome last night if that lateral on the opening kickoff was bobbled, and Toronto recovered? Would certainly have set a different tone.

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Sure... but if you kept it in your bag of tricks, they'd be even less likely to recognize the formation... at a minimum, you would have one more play from that set that the opponent won't have tape of which would be the play you ran against the Argo's.

Yeah but I think we're playing a bit with fire here - trick plays are great when they work. The big problem is when they blow up in your face - would we have seen a different outcome last night if that lateral on the opening kickoff was bobbled, and Toronto recovered? Would certainly have set a different tone.

If yer afraid of bobbling a ball during the course of a game then you probably shouldn't be out there......and we need the wins now, lots of them if we can. Cement a playoff position, then roll through the playoffs this year.  

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The O-line needs to be mentioned....  aside from the cheap late hits Nichols was not touched and had all the time in the world to throw.  

he did, and he did a better job getting rid of it the few times they got through. They sure countered our run blocking though. It seemed like harris was contacted in the back field on nearly every carry. 

15 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

That can be said about any play though.  The 50 yard bomb downfield works great, when it works.  The hand off up the gut is great, when it works.  Yet the pass can be intercepted and the hand off fumbled.  There is no safe play.  The idea is to take educated risks to keep the D a little bit off balance,  and from my perspective, appears to be working.  

Perhaps Franklins problem is Trestmans O is designed for QBs who cant run? I mean AC Cutler Ray... These guys are pure pocket passers with little to no ability to run. Maybe just maybe Trestman isnt this QB guru people make him out to be. Name 1 QB he has developed who isnt a pure pocket passer. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

he did, and he did a better job getting rid of it the few times they got through. They sure countered our run blocking though. It seemed like harris was contacted in the back field on nearly every carry. 

Which brings up an interesting question: the Argos were ready for Harris and stopped him short almost every play, yet the Bombers had to know Wilder would feature prominently in the Argo offensive planning. Despite this, Wilder had a great game, breaking off several long runs. Why could the Bombers not stop Wilder as effectively as the Argos did for Harris?

One player from offence, one defence, one special teams, one turnover. 

1. Demski, because of points.

2. JSK, because of stats.

3. Miller, because Of his impact on ST.

HH. Dresser. Because he’s sly. 

Last week Harris was featured. This week, Demski stood out. Previously Streveler.  The individual performance’s are remarkable. Is designing plays for different players and his execution part of a greater strategy which doesn’t allow opposing teams later in the year an opportunity to plan an adequate defensive strategy for more important games?