Friday: Masoli vs, Streveler, Timmis vs. Harris, Banks vs. Demski

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I can’t see spooner coming off the 6 game IR so I’m guessing speller comes off the PR

I can't remember Spooner being injured during TC. He and Flanders, were only there to keep them off the PR and at the same time get their cheque. They bide their time and the team needs them. 

I can see the Bombers pulling Spooner out earlier from 6-gamer. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Albertabomberguy said:

Spooner is on the 6 game so it looks like it’s coutures spot as of right now 

that is just to protect him, bc tried to claim him last year sitting on the PR. If we dont have to activate him we save a bit of money. i wouldnt think a huge chunk. 

35 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I can't remember Spooner being injured during TC. He and Flanders, were only there to keep them off the PR and at the same time get their cheque. They bide their time and the team needs them. 

If we dont shuffle the line spooner comes in at guard imo. Maybe speller draws in, he could have leap frogged other guys but I doubt it. could finally be coutures time, but imo if he draws in hardrick shifts to guard and couture plays tackle. 

I could also see corney starting and rotating with jake/ jones (who got a bunch of reps as our dime in the first week and a decent amount against montreal) and foketi finally getting his shot. Jeffcoat becomes the DI and rotates. 
we have a bunch of ways to work it, which is great. I know its early in the season but despite losing/dumping a few starting NIs from last season we have a bunch of guys who can step in and contribute. heck we could DI bowman and start 3 ni wrs. we wont, but we could. 

9 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Except we don't know what that is and I feel I sold Streveler short by comparing him to Franklin.

Franklin's numbers weren't impressive the other night, and by no means am I writing him off or anything.  But it could well be the Argos may have been sold a bill of goods that may not be quite what they had hoped for.

thats the nature of back up qbs. they are the un known. Franklin was a lot of hype because he looked good in very limited action. It doesnt take much to get people excited about back up qbs. Weve seen some horribad back up qbs have to start and not show any thing over extended periods. so when  a guy shows flashes in limited action a lot of people get hyped.

In hindsight yeah streveler is out performing franklin. But he is still in a great situation in toronto. and its still a very small sample size any thing could happen now.

A running qb, especially one who can connect on short to intermediate type passes can start fast. No one has tape on him teams arent prepared. itll get harder before the game gets easier for him. I dont expect him to continue to lead the league in TD passes etc. But in just two games he has show a great continuing ability to adapt and improve. 

22 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I was at practice last week and Flanders definitely has a leg injury. It wasn't as clear how banged up Spooner is.

5 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Bombers need to bring out some heavy blitz packages this game.  See if Masoli is willing to dump it off short or will try and wing it downfield and end up getting sacked doing so.

I don't even know if they need to blitz...  just contain the guy in the pocket and lets see how he does...  it seemed like most of his plays were him making it on the run at the last possible second. 

27 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Apparently Jeremiah "The Mole" Masoli currently has tied the CFL record for 8 strait 300 yard plus passing games. He can break the record against Winnipeg this week.

Wow.....if that is true it will be sweet if he does get the record.......but the Bombers win.

32 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Apparently Jeremiah "The Mole" Masoli currently has tied the CFL record for 8 strait 300 yard plus passing games. He can break the record against Winnipeg this week.

I’m guessing there’s a hidden meaning to the nickname. 

15 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I thought I saw a tweet saying that the record was 9 games held by 2 players and that Masoli had a chance to tie that record, but I really didn't pay a lot of attention so I could be mistaken.

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I thought I saw a tweet saying that the record was 9 games held by 2 players and that Masoli had a chance to tie that record, but I really didn't pay a lot of attention so I could be mistaken.

The nice thing about being the record holder is that if you present a paper copy of the record and a toonie at Tim Horton's, you get a (small) cup of coffee.  Yes, it's that important.