Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Hey, I like CFL experienced guys as much as the next guy but if he is a Heath replacement we have downgraded big time. Gaitor was terrible last year, played himself out of the starting lineup, until the Lions eventually just released him. If he is a Walker or Alexander replacement that's fine, but if our plan is to sign Gaitor to replace Heath I am not happy with that.

Not a fan of either of the vet signings this winter... maybe they’ll surprise

ridiculous that heath is taking blame for missing assignments though... he was not the problem in our secondary 

another year of rebuilding the dbs and not scouting linebackers?  Seen this before...

5 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Hey, I like CFL experienced guys as much as the next guy but if he is a Heath replacement we have downgraded big time. Gaitor was terrible last year, played himself out of the starting lineup, until the Lions eventually just released him. If he is a Walker or Alexander replacement that's fine, but if our plan is to sign Gaitor to replace Heath I am not happy with that.

I'm of the opinion it's more due to SMS restrictions than the players' respective talent/skill sets. Gaitor is a CB, anyway.

I'd love nothing more than to have a secondary consisting of the following: Gaitor - Walker/Alexander/other - Loffler - Heath - Randle

I'm not sure if that's financially viable, though. I hope the Bombers find a way to keep Heath because he and Randle and a ridiculously good tandem on the boundary side.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm of the opinion it's more due to SMS restrictions than the players' respective talent/skill sets. Gaitor is a CB, anyway.

I'd love nothing more than to have a secondary consisting of the following: Gaitor - Walker/Alexander/other - Loffler - Heath - Randle

I'm not sure if that's financially viable, though. I hope the Bombers find a way to keep Heath because he and Randle and a ridiculously good tandem on the boundary side.

Gaitor has played primarily at HB in the CFL. Also, Gaitor would not have been expensive, as he was cut last year and had a terrible year.

Edited by gcn11

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

All Heath needs is one other team to make a more generous offer and he's gone, in lieu of that possibility picking up Gaitor seems like a smart move.  Doesn't mean he makes the squad (Korey Banks) but he does add to the competition.

10 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Gaitor has played primarily at HB in the CFL. Also, Gaitor would not have been expensive, as he was cut last year and had a terrible year.

Good to know. Thanks for that info. In that case:

Walker/Alexander/other - Gaitor - Loffler - Heath - Randle

If that's doable, then fawk yeah.

Gaitor was moved from Field HB to CB late last season - he was being torched and continued to be abused after the move...  guy is washed up - not sure what everyone's excited about, he'll be eaten alive in a Richie Hall D

Really wonder who is advising on player personnel right now... if we're replacing Kevin Fogg and TJ Heath with Stephen Clarke and Anthony Gaitor...  that's a real head scratcher

Edit:   Oh man, these are probably Ringmaiden's guys... same way Bellefuile brought his trash with him...

Edited by Floyd

52 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not a fan of either of the vet signings this winter... maybe they’ll surprise

ridiculous that heath is taking blame for missing assignments though... he was not the problem in our secondary 

another year of rebuilding the dbs and not scouting linebackers?  Seen this before...

You have absolutely no way of proving any of the bolded...

found this at Saints SB nation site, article about gaitor, when he signed there.

The Vancouver Sun’s Mike Beamish had this to say on Gaitor:

“When Gaitor did get to play with the Lions, it made one wonder why he'd been cut in the first place. He was opportunistic and had a nose for the football.