Hamilton @ Winnipeg: Homefield Might Be Clinched For WSF Edition

This game even against the bad Tiger-Cats has big meaning now for the Blue and Gold.

I believe if we win and Toronto knocks down SSK, the Bombers have homefield for a WSF locked up.  Maybe not officially, but at that point I know one thing that SSK would be for sure out of the running for it as that point, the best they could do is finish with a tie record as us, and with us having beat them in a best of 3 series, we would get the nod over them.

Plus, both BC and Edmonton play each other one more time, which means if Edmonton loses that matchup the best they'll be able to do is tie us, and we got the series win over them, and if BC loses, they'll have lost 8 so they would not have a tie record with us.

Either way, we are just about there to clinching it.

If we can secure it this week, that gives the club over a month to sell tickets to the playoff game (WSF or WF). That's great for the team's bottom line.

First time the Bombers will play a playoff game at IGF.

Only way we don't win Friday if we fail to show up and the TiCats get some lucky bounces. We're better at everything.

Leggett tho stayed on sidelines in his full gear till the end of game...which doesn't mean much, but if it was something really serious you would think that he would have been at the least out of his pads and having ice on something. So thinking that it may have been not too serious...hopefully anyway

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Leggett tho stayed on sidelines in his full gear till the end of game...which doesn't mean much, but if it was something really serious you would think that he would have been at the least out of his pads and having ice on something. So thinking that it may have been not too serious...hopefully anyway

He could probably sit against Hamilton and we would still win I would guess, considering Masoli has been bad against us in the past.

re: Injuries for this week: Hurl might be dinged up.......

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming  2m2 minutes ago
 Sam Hurl isn't doing much at practice today, but Julian-Feoli Gudino is doing plenty. #Bombers

*insert "well, he hasn't done anything all year so why start now herp derp" jokes*

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

thought this might be of interest:

DLJ-G8GVYAA4Mm3.jpg:large

It is truly staggering that a 7 win team could secure first place with a month to go in the season.  Especially when a team with only one loss has no chance of securing first place in the other division this weekend and still could go down to the last game of the season to secure it.

22 hours ago, Booch said:

I was at the game and he was really favoring his right (I think but could have been his left) arm. And he was testing it out on the sidelines for strength it seems . So I don't know if that suggests shoulder, forearm other?  One could argue he's the best player on this team so hopefully pulling him from the game quite early was precautionary thinking big picture, i.e rather risk losing to Edmonton than risk losing Mo long term. 

Just saw the posts above, so all is good.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Mo's injury update

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming  3h3 hours ago
 Four-year NFL vet receiver Chris Givens is shadowing Ryan Lankford on the #Bombers first-team O. He joined their practice roster recently.

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman  3h3 hours ago
 So far, looks like #Bombers dodged injury bullet in win over Edmonton, with Harris, Feoli-Gudino and Leggett all practising.

Though Feoli-Gudino is on field and moving around, he is not available to media, which suggests he is questionable for this week. #Bombers

Just now, Noeller said:

Though Feoli-Gudino is on field and moving around, he is not available to media, which suggests he is questionable for this week. #Bombers

Hmmm, Ted Wyman reports on what he sees in practice.... then uses logic and a little bit of reasoning to report on the football club without hearing it from them...

Meanwhile, Wicek is probably crying right now that no one has given him an update on the injured players...

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

when I watched it on the PVR is really looked like he just took a knee to the back of the leg/ass so my guess is he got a hell of a bruise. 

I believe in the postgame show he said it was to the back, but I can't remember 100%.....either way, he said he was unreal stiff and sore but would be good to go this week (typical response, but here's hoping...)