Injury Report

BigBlue

33 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Apparently Wild was doing push-ups on the sideline yesterday.  IIRC he was out with an arm issue so that has to be a good sign.

Wasn't it a broken wrist/arm? If that's the case, let him continue to heal up for a bit longer so he's available down the stretch.

Just because he is 6 gamed doesn't mean he will definitely be out the entire 6 games. If he just had the cast off this week, he will need at least a couple of weeks to get the strength back and ready for contact again. 

If you don't 6 game him and he has a setback after two or three weeks, Those additional weeks count against the cap, and will then have to be 6 gamed or more games will count against the cap.  

11 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Just because he is 6 gamed doesn't mean he will definitely be out the entire 6 games. If he just had the cast off this week, he will need at least a couple of weeks to get the strength back and ready for contact again. 

If you don't 6 game him and he has a setback after two or three weeks, Those additional weeks count against the cap, and will then have to be 6 gamed or more games will count against the cap.  

Fwiw, Bauming was speculating on Twitter that he's at least 4 more weeks away...

Harris got a bit of a stinger today .... could slow down his practicing this week .... sets a tough as nails example

I did not notice anyone else getting nicked up in Montreal ....  more battered and blue than anything major for several ....I guess thats what staying fresh is all about

Need to use Harris as a decoy more often if we are going to get maximum value out of Flanders in the lineup, it seems to me

Harris looked ok after taking that hit which is a relief. Jeffcoat looked to be hurt pretty bad, walked off the field but I didn't see him come back into the game at all, can anyone confirm?

Also, Alexander I'm not sure was even hurt, looked like he may have just needed to fix his knee brace which looked to have come loose on the play. Hope that's all it was.

Just now, BBlink said:

I'd consider sitting Thorpe. I think that was his second fumble last week and Denmark has been doing a lot for us of late. But it may come down to scheme.

I'm not down on Thorpe but he is a rookie! 

The short-term answer might be to sit Thorpe down, but he is a talent. Just needs some seasoning.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I'd consider sitting Thorpe. I think that was his second fumble last week and Denmark has been doing a lot for us of late. But it may come down to scheme.

I'm not down on Thorpe but he is a rookie! 

Thorpe seems to be a big part of why we've started converting more 2nd downs, especially on the underneath stuff Lapo likes, he's getting those extra yards to move the sticks. I'd hope we'd go Adams, Dressler, Denmark, JFG and Thorpe.