Bombers @ Cats: Momentum Required

BigBlue

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I hope reinebold gets another STs job some where in the league. He did a great job for the cats in that role. And hes a guy you just gotta love. 

He has pretty sweet gig with Sky sports in England being a NFL analyst think he does that for the full season now.

My only comment for this game is do not take Hamilton lightly......should they.....well we will come home with a loss. We only beat Ottawa by a last second field goal....they played tough with Edmonton and I'm sure they are a very frustrated group. Taking them lightly would not be a good issue.

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Bauming says Thorpe not practicing today, Johnson isn't practicing with the 1s.

If thorpe is a no go that sucks,  we already have lankford filling in for Dressler,  who would take thorpes spot?

Think they are taking it easy with him due to his previous injury history. Did not practice much last week either.

7 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Bauming says Thorpe not practicing today, Johnson isn't practicing with the 1s.

If thorpe is a no go that sucks,  we already have lankford filling in for Dressler,  who would take thorpes spot?

I guess L'Damian Washington would return to the roster, or Gary Chambers would get a shot.  Hopefully Thorpe plays though, he has been a valuable part of the offence.

10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Think they are taking it easy with him due to his previous injury history. Did not practice much last week either.

I would hope this is the case, but last week MOS also said Brandon Alexander just needed a rest too so some concern is probably warranted.

Drew Edwards is reporting that June Jones was acting like the OC at Tuesday's practice. He was said to be directing players during the walk through and working with the QBs during the individual sessions - things that OC Ptaszek and Austin used to handle.

So, Jones running the Offence, Austin calling the plays, and Ptaszek left wondering just what is his role...And of course, the LB Coach who just assumed the DC role, Phillip Lolley.

That is the mess the Bombers step into on Saturday. The Ticats will have tons of film on us while the Bombers prepare for a run-and-shoot offence? Or a mix? 

I have to assume that Hamilton will not put it all together in one week, so we have to stick to what works for us and let them worry about it..

No doubt in my mind Hamilton will try to play like Ottawa last week and run with a hurry up offense and try and get the ball out quickly. That O-line is attricous in Hamilton. I thought our defense made the right adjustments though on Ottawa so no reason to doubt they couldn't do it again. Obviously at this point in Hamilton players are playing for their job security so it's a must win for them. Can't take them lightly!

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

So Hamilton is effectively going into this game with a new OC and DC as it sounds like June Jones is running the offence in practice.  Could be dangerous depending on how much new stuff they show.

you really think that in a week they are going to be able to get a new look defense and offense together to be dangerous? 

I think that, while we can't sleep on this game, we shouldn't be shaking in our cleats.   this kind of upheaval is never a good thing in the middle of the season..

8 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

you really think that in a week they are going to be able to get a new look defense and offense together to be dangerous? 

I think that, while we can't sleep on this game, we shouldn't be shaking in our cleats.   this kind of upheaval is never a good thing in the middle of the season..

Dangerous in the sense that we won't have accurate film on some of the stuff they might do.  Hamilton gave Edmonton a run for their money.  They have some talent and are going to win at some point.  I don't think we should be afraid but this is exactly what a trap game looks like.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Dangerous in the sense that we won't have accurate film on some of the stuff they might do.  Hamilton gave Edmonton a run for their money.  They have some talent and are going to win at some point.  I don't think we should be afraid but this is exactly what a trap game looks like.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

very true, that I will agree with.. the lack of game footage of said new looks is concerning but I also think they won't have all their T's crossed and I's dotted so it shouldn't be overly concerning..  this does have all the makings of a trap game tho as you say if we don't play our game and take them for granted.

As an angry fan I'm well tempted to kick Reinbold when he's down but he was put in a tough position with injuries at the most hard to teach positions for rookies on defense and a job description he was thrown into by events beyond his control.

Having said that changes had to be made and coaches are paid by their results.

Reinbold file is now closed .