Depth Charts Week 1 Bombers vs Riders

Jpan85

Just so people are aware of what to expect tomorrow re: their 7th Canadian.

They're going to declare 4 Canadians on O, 3 on D. They can't switch that around mid-game, it has to be pre-determined. So what will happen is that even though they're not listed as starters, one of Judge, Francis, Edem or Steele will always be on the field in addition to the two listed starters (Mrabure and Hecht)

Speculation, of course, as they haven't confirmed anything but declaring 5 Canadians on offense would be ridiculously stupid, considering Bagg is less than 100% and if he got hurt, it would mean Spencer Moore or whoever Albert Awachie is would then have to be on the field for every down ... or they could switch Marshall out for Greg Morris the fumbling machine, I guess.

44 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Since we don't count preseason, how does anyone actually know anything about some of their new starters? Which is a lot of their team.

For instance, does anyone know anything about their D line? got one game to base it on.

I haven't heard of any of them.

Maybe they're decent. Find out tomorrow.

Three of them started games for the Riders last season. The other guy, Minter, is now in his 3rd season in the CFL.

1 hour ago, nate007 said:

If the Bombers don’t win by 14, I’ll be concerned about their ability to compete against the rest of the teams in the west. If they win by 21, I’ll feel like they have a decent chance to beat Calgary next week.

It's been a while since the Bombers could blow people out and finish games. 

Calgarys defense has not looked anything near last year's. Ottawa racked up some serious yards on them these past two weeks.

I like reading RF.com. Some are saying that without Muamba that they will actually be better......

I can't wait to hear the excuses when they lose tomorrow. They will blame the loss on EVERYTHING except that they were beaten by a better team.

Things like:

"The Stadium is cursed"

"The Refs are out to get us"

"The new commissioner is from Winnipeg"

"They ran out of popcorn"

"They don't sell mini doughnuts"

"We have too many injuries"

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I like reading RF.com. Some are saying that without Muamba that they will actually be better......

I can't wait to hear the excuses when they lose tomorrow. They will blame the loss on EVERYTHING except that they were beaten by a better team.

Things like:

"The Stadium is cursed"

"The Refs are out to get us"

"The new commissioner is from Winnipeg"

"They ran out of popcorn"

"They don't sell mini doughnuts"

"We have too many injuries"

i know we're joking over here, that will be a valid excuse over on RF that's the funny thing. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Since we don't count preseason, how does anyone actually know anything about some of their new starters? Which is a lot of their team.

For instance, does anyone know anything about their D line? got one game to base it on.

I haven't heard of any of them.

Maybe they're decent. Find out tomorrow.

I know they are a chaotic mess, but who knows. I doubt our coachs take them lightly.

I think the Bombers will win, but it may not be the stomping we'd all like to see.

Jefferson is probably the only one who could start elsewhere in the league. Eddie Steele and Mruabe are two Canadians who wouldn't start anywhere as a National and will be rotating in..There other Canuck who i figured would be in the mix is Gaydosh but he hasn't shown much and if he can't game day roster there what does that tell you.

A.C Leonard is a average import who will prob take a couple stupid penalties and would highly doubt even game day roster on any other team at moment.

Minter is a free agent pick up basically because Calgary didnt intend to resign him..He is a bigger body, but fat body and slow and will need to be spelled off cause by halftime he will be gassed.

Back-ups are a collection of nobodies and nothings...that's what we know of them, and our 0-line should have their way with them

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Jefferson is probably the only one who could start elsewhere in the league. Eddie Steele and Mruabe are two Canadians who wouldn't start anywhere as a National and will be rotating in..There other Canuck who i figured would be in the mix is Gaydosh but he hasn't shown much and if he can't game day roster there what does that tell you.

A.C Leonard is a average import who will prob take a couple stupid penalties and would highly doubt even game day roster on any other team at moment.

Minter is a free agent pick up basically because Calgary didnt intend to resign him..He is a bigger body, but fat body and slow and will need to be spelled off cause by halftime he will be gassed.

Back-ups are a collection of nobodies and nothings...that's what we know of them, and our 0-line should have their way with them

Newsome is a beast... should be starting over Leonard who is decent.  Their interior does suck though

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Watching the mental gymnastics that go on there as they try to convince themselves that's a solid lineup reminds me of way back when we used to try and pretend that JT Gilmore and Desia Dunn and Bo Smith weren't that bad, they just needed an opportunity!

The similarities are shocking.

Jones is Mike Kelly and Mack rolled into one.

50 minutes ago, Booch said:

ok....some info......thanks.

Looks like saying "the riders might not be awful" stirs up a hornet's nest. lesson learned.

:lol:

Edited by Mark F

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Watching the mental gymnastics that go on there as they try to convince themselves that's a solid lineup reminds me of way back when we used to try and pretend that JT Gilmore and Desia Dunn and Bo Smith weren't that bad, they just needed an opportunity!

Gilmore wasn't that bad, was he?  Dunn and Smith on the other hand..

He's still here in the city tho if we wanna try him out again hahaha

But yeah...I cringe thinking back to those barren years, and from what I've seen now we have an organization set up to most likely never go there again

3 hours ago, wookie said:

muamba is on the 6 game to save on the salary cap i guess

2 hours ago, JCon said:

But if he comes back before six games, the salary still counts. They must think he's really hurt.

According to Dunk, Muamba has had his knee drained of fluid.

Just now, JCon said:

According to Dunk, Muamba has had his knee drained of fluid.

I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet from time to time.  I'd say this indicates some cartilage issues in the knee that he'll have to get cleaned up.  A persistent and annoying problem but not nearly as severe as a torn ligament.