Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Davis signing aside, how many qbs ever developed holding onto a clipboard & not playing?

Im well in the camp of you have to play to improve. Some time to learn the game/offense holding the board is certainly valuable though.

If what was said in the closing presser is true, and MBT is coming back and davis is coming back, I wonder if we go with only one of nichols glenn, bring in no new qbs next year, or go 5 qbs in camp. Not a fan of that many arms. Just isnt enough ball to go around. 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

Best job is #2 QB in the NFL......the less you play the longer you get paid. Sean Salisbury had an isteamed NFL career until he had to play....then they figured it out he wasn't worth do do.

QFT

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎03 at 4:18 PM, Rich said:

He won't get enough games to be pensionable if he isn't playing.  I believe I once read it is the team who he is playing for when he becomes pension eligible that pays for the pension.  So they will cut him before he gets there.

Edit: Actually, it looks like he might have vested already.  You need 3 seasons to vest and he has played games in 3 different seasons.

No, he needs another 3 games. Will never get them. Sad. He is TCF...they have zero intention of keeping his almost pensionable career past that point no matter what he does. I am hoping that brutal reality settles on him a little better than it did on Bilukidi, who left football altogether after coming to the realization that no one REALLY wanted him.

Edited by gcn11

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

But how can that be?? He hasn't seen playing time!!! He's useless!! 

can't believe they didn't go after Franklin!!!!     #$@Y^%$#$#

Get going Walters!       &^%$HLllh^

also, why don't the bombers ever develop a quarterback! *&^$) Bombers!!!!

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Washoping Glenn would stick.  if only to retire in a Bombers jersey.  Seems like a good guy.  Best of luck.

He did say he wanted to retire as an Eskimo purely to have joined each team in the league at least once.

I could see Glenn coming back if no one else knocks on his door...  it would be nice to have him around and retire here.

18 hours ago, johnzo said:

Didn't Davis get all the #2 reps in practice last year after Kevin Glenn arrived?

much of that was probably due to davis needing snaps and evaluation of the depth qbs. 

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

and Kevin Glenn is gone again

what was the point of bringing him back if they weren't going to use him?

http://ow.ly/xcjr307KUYj

With some of the hits nichols took late in the year having him vs having davis be the next guy in was still huge. But it is a head scratcher imop. I would have loved to have him back as the no2 and push the no1 in TC. I wonder what the reasoning was behind doing this now? Does some other team want to sign him or does he want to shop him self around? Are we going to be tighter with the cap then expected? Maybe they have a line on a better  qb situation. Will be interesting to see either way. 

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He was going to be a FA so he gets a extra month to see if he can get a deal. Did not sound like they would rule out signing him a later date if the money was right.

My thoughts exactly.  The press release says they couldn't come to an immediate agreement... meaning the Bombers need see how much $$ is left once they sign Nichols.  Once that's done, it's possible that there's still room for Glenn.  In the mean time, they've done him a courtesy and he gets to kick tires around the league to see what other options he has a month ahead of other potential free agents.

I'd bet when Glenn came to Wpg. last year he did not expect to account almost zero playing time with the team seeing as how he's picked up game reps. as back-up in every other recent stop, Cgy, BC, Sask, Mtl.  He's probably still riding the low base pay contract with incentives acquired for games played and came to realize as long as Nichols remains healthy his chances of ever touching the field under O'Shea are virtually zero.  Bombers were probably happy to continue this arrangement but Glenn, maybe not.