Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

Great signing! I'm a little surprised he didn't get a look down south. I know he might never be the same, but would the bombers look at brining back Nick Moore at a vet minimum contract? I can't see him being re-signed in BC, but he's a low risk/high reward kind of guy 

41 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I wonder if we try to bring back Gurley now. I suspect the Bombers let him drift to FA but I'm a fan and would like to see the Bombers deploy 'twin towers' on offense

If he comes cheap probably. If denmark isnt brought back his chances are better. but id rather have denmark. I would love to have denmark gurley adams and dressler next year. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just makes last week's move by Jones trading Durant to the Als for virtually nothing even more stupid. Other than Kevin Glenn, there's no decent veteran qbs left that are available out there for the Riders.

It was the right move to insure that the Riders finish in last place in the West again aka their rightful place.

gurley and stafford are pretty interchangeable imop. Id love to see a deep veteran core of wrs brought into camp to fight for spots. 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Adams, Stafford, Dressler, Smith... probably no Gurley and Denmark will be fighting for a job.... hopefully McDuffie will be in the mix too... should be interesting...

If its a fight, smith/stafford would be fighting for spots. not denmark, if he is brought back. Stafford, smith, and gurley are guys who have shown flashes but not sustained it. Little on taking the next step forward. denmark showed the ability to take the next step forward last year and in his career year. 

Mcduffie showed some flashes at wr and returner certainly hope hes back, so long as hes reasonably priced. 

It would be expensive, but going into camp with dressler, denmark, adams, smith, gurley, stafford, and mcduffie would be amazing. That said a ton of money could be saved on smith and probably gurley too. 

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Adams, Stafford, Dressler, Smith... probably no Gurley and Denmark will be fighting for a job.... hopefully McDuffie will be in the mix too... should be interesting...

You forgot about Richards.

But seriously... I'm okay with this. Maybe they can find some fresh talent down south?

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

You forgot about Richards.

But seriously... I'm okay with this. Maybe they can find some fresh talent down south?

Yeah, I didn't include the Canadians... which is a whole new conversation... Will Richards finally emerge as a decent options?... will we draft a game ready WR in the first round (unlikely he would be ready from day 1)?... will Kohlert and JFG be back...

also, I forgot about Gerrard Sheppard...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Yeah, I didn't include the Canadians... which is a whole new conversation... Will Richards finally emerge as a decent options?... will we draft a game ready WR in the first round (unlikely he would be ready from day 1)?... will Kohlert and JFG be back...

also, I forgot about Gerrard Sheppard...

I'm sure Richards will be ready for the second preseason game, then the fourth or fifth game of the season, then ready for final four games.

I was just kidding including him. NI receiver is a major (glaring?) weakness of this current roster. Hopefully, they can address that.