Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I pressed them little white arrows and they didn't work.  I think they is broken.

Worked for me. It proved that Nichols while he makes some mistakes can also make great throws too. Just like all the other starters can as well. I think given another year as the starter in LaPolice's offense he will improve upon last year. 

Nichols is good but he's not 400 to 450 K guaranteed good. He's 300 to 350 K guaranteed good. Throw in bonus money and if reaches it no issue giving him 400 to 450 K but certainly not guaranteed. 

Let's just say 350 K guaranteed. With bonus he could make 450 like if we win the cup or throws for this many yards or tds or has this many wins or whatever else. 

Edited by Goalie

20 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm still struggling to understand what the big deal is concerning the idea of "developing" a QB.  Does it really matter?  Do you get 3 points for a win if you "developed" the QB? Personally, I don't care how or where a QB was developed (1).  The only thing I care about is how good the QB for the Bombers is.  That's it.  Did we "develop" Khari?  Don't care.  How did he do when he strapped on the pads?  That's the only thing I worry about.

And please don't try and suggest that "developing" our own is somehow cheaper, because in these days of free agency, you're only going to get a cheap QB for a couple of years at the most, before the market steps in and adjusts (2).  

1) Totally agree... don't care where he comes from, just give me a QB that can play...

2) Don't worry... Chris Jones is single-handedly resetting the market for the good of the CFL... what a hero! :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

As for loyalty to the organization, you can actually purchase that.  I'd be surprised if there's any player in this league that would be prepared to offer his first team a significant discount in salary simply because he's "loyal".  Some guys might want to play for a specific team, but there are very likely other factors, like a spouse's employment or other family stuff that will come into play long before loyalty kicks in.

Dan Federkeil is the only guy I can think of that would be close to being that type of "loyal"... 

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nichols is good but he's not 400 to 450 K guaranteed good. He's 300 to 350 K guaranteed good. Throw in bonus money and if reaches it no issue giving him 400 to 450 K but certainly not guaranteed. 

Let's just say 350 K guaranteed. With bonus he could make 450 like if we win the cup or throws for this many yards or tds or has this many wins or whatever else. 

Nobody in the league is getting that much guaranteed money.... People really need to step back from this mentality that the asking price was all guaranteed money. It's top end, with every bonus met... 

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Curious to see how much, if at all, Butcher's grown since last TC. He was REALLY raw...had the size and everything, but technically really raw. Here's hoping he's looking more like a pro baller next spring...

IF he does fill the bill we certainly have a good un' ...This kid could be a really nice addition to the d line....Really nasty as well...Like it

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Curious to see how much, if at all, Butcher's grown since last TC. He was REALLY raw...had the size and everything, but technically really raw. Here's hoping he's looking more like a pro baller next spring...

All he really needs to do is just stand there and that will block off half the field

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

This is fantastic news. Really excited to see butcher and intzandt develop. 

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Still wonder if he ends up converted to OT...

Both these guys have the raw skills and upside to be worth keeping around for a year + to groom into linemen. On either side of the ball. Butchers rare level of quickness for a man his size means he could play tackle very easily. Id be happy to see him be a depth lineman playing both lines on special teams / goal line etc. 

Wouldnt mind seeing thomas get a chance to start. Him and sholo up the middle could really free up our ends and clog up the middle against the run. Either intzandt or butcher would need to be ready to back up. Or Corney start on the edge. Its not conventional but a 3 even 4 man NI dl could work with these guys.