Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mike O'Shea plays his starter like Trestman did in Montreal. The backups never play & therefore never develop. As I may have said, don't shoot the messenger. Blame O'Shea for that.

and there is the problem with your entire argument. Development doesn't have to happen in a game situation. At some point yes players need that game experience but plenty of backups develop just fine without getting game time and then when they do get to play make the most of it. We as fans can't say **** about how much Davis has developed watching from the sidelines, but that's why we pay the coaches and managers big bucks. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know if I could be a practice player for 5 years in the NFL even if I was paid more than being a starter in the CFL.

It would be interesting to study the numbers, obviously he's strung it out long enough to make it work financially for him.  It's a business, for 95% of football players their careers will be over within 5 years and they will fade from memory within a few years anyways.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

How does a future / reserve deal work? Does that just mean he is on the PR, or is it like a none PR group but they have the rights.

43 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It would be interesting to study the numbers, obviously he's strung it out long enough to make it work financially for him.  It's a business, for 95% of football players their careers will be over within 5 years and they will fade from memory within a few years anyways.

The big thing is if you can see enough games to get that pension. Its not peanuts. Plus the player jobs exist down there and can be more cushy then up here. Hard to spit in a big football market with out hitting a car dealership/sales company that has a couple current/ex players. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

How does a future / reserve deal work? Does that just mean he is on the PR, or is it like a none PR group but they have the rights.

From Dunk article

Futures contracts are the same as a regular active roster contracts, with rules for minimum veteran salaries, cap charges and signing bonuses but they do not take effect until the next league year. Teams can sign players to futures contracts as soon as the regular season is over but the contract doesn’t count against the salary cap or 53-man limit. Instead, it counts against the salary cap and 90-man camp limit of the following season.

We got DD signed after all..?

This does make a specific statement...although I'm not sure exactly what.

All's I know is that the boys are in the office working, and the team is being put back together again.

2017  - Going to be A Happy Blue Year.

Edited by Mr Dee

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The big thing is if you can see enough games to get that pension. Its not peanuts. Plus the player jobs exist down there and can be more cushy then up here. Hard to spit in a big football market with out hitting a car dealership/sales company that has a couple current/ex players. 

I guess that is the ultimate brass ring for Mulumba at this point.  How many games needed to obtain pension?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

27 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guess that is the ultimate brass ring for Mulumba at this point.  How many games needed to obtain pension?

He won't get enough games to be pensionable if he isn't playing.  I believe I once read it is the team who he is playing for when he becomes pension eligible that pays for the pension.  So they will cut him before he gets there.

Edit: Actually, it looks like he might have vested already.  You need 3 seasons to vest and he has played games in 3 different seasons.

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

He won't get enough games to be pensionable if he isn't playing.  I believe I once read it is the team who he is playing for when he becomes pension eligible that pays for the pension.  So they will cut him before he gets there.

Edit: Actually, it looks like he might have vested already.  You need 3 seasons to vest and he has played games in 3 different seasons.

I'm not sure he is vested yet. He may not have been credited for the 2014 season.

Players are credited for a full season if they are on the active roster, injured reserve or physically unable to perform (PUP) list for at least three games during the regular season.

His stats say he played 2 games and I don't see anything about him being on injured reserve or the PUP list for that season (although I wasn't looking hard).

Edited by Jacquie

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Dear God, Now that Andy Mulumba's contract is done could you please bring peace to Syria.  Thanks, Floyd.

hasn't finished with other player's contracts, College championship, superbowl, and other football stuff yet.

Will move on to Syria and the middle east later. Although some of them are muslims, so who knows. /sarcasm.

also an important holy person once said:

"Be careful about not living righteously merely to be seen by people. Otherwise you have no reward with your Father in heaven"

#idiotic.

Edited by Mark F