Miller starting contract extension talks with Walters O'Shea

Jpan85

There is not a doubt in the world that the Bombers need at least 1 bigger receiver. How can it be argued that that would open up the offence for more plays and help get the other receivers open?

This 5-6 year delay in getting a top ranked receiver in the lineup is ridiculous. Every other team can get one. We better get one, and soon, if we want any chance this year.

To come back to the original theme of the thread, I suspect that the back-to-back games against the Beastly Lions will determine the Bomber and Shea`s fates. To put it in hip terms, the Bombers are trending downwards, and it may not be O`Shea`s fault that we do not have a standout MLB or receiver, but someone will have to pay for that.

9 hours ago, iso_55 said:

MOS is quoted that he likes our receiving group so go figure. I'd prefer if he said the team is always looking to upgrade.

Mike O'Shea speaks highly of all his players whether or not it's the truth. Walters, on the other hand, can be quoted as saying we are always looking to upgrade at every position.

On 10/11/2016 at 8:44 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think both Walters  & O'Shea deserve extensions. They did what they needed to do in 3 seasons which is how a rebuild should be judged. I look forward to it happening.

I think both get it and should. The job walters has done in rebuilding NI depth and finding new to the cfl guys has been fantastic. This team has the fewest holes weve seen in ages. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think both get it and should. The job walters has done in rebuilding NI depth and finding new to the cfl guys has been fantastic. This team has the fewest holes weve seen in ages. 

Best guess would be in Edmonton to replace Derel Walker when he bolts for the NFL. Ed Hervey and Duron Carter are a match made in heaven.

2 hours ago, Nash00 said:

Best guess would be in Edmonton to replace Derel Walker when he bolts for the NFL. Ed Hervey and Duron Carter are a match made in heaven.

not sure if site or wrong thread but yeah. Edm would be a hot fit for duron carter. edm to or sask is where i think he ends up. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

not sure if site or wrong thread but yeah. Edm would be a hot fit for duron carter. edm to or sask is where i think he ends up. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'm betting on the Riders grabbing him in the off-season. Actually, they will probably sign him today or tomorrow but announce it much later.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

xD its topics are just trains waiting to derail :P

Now look what you've done, here come the hot taeks:

Willy is better than Reilly.

MOS should be the next one inducted into the ring of honor, not Doug Brown.

Fogg was only good because Macho Harris was bailing him out, now we see who Fogg really is.

IGF will fall apart any minute now due to concrete failure.

Every Paul Friesen article is articulate and well informed.

41 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere... but Gary Lawless was speculating on twitter that Walters will get a 5-year deal and then he'll sign O'Shea to 3 or 4 year deal...

Let's not be silly and pretend this is a good idea.  I'd give O'Shea 2 and Walters 3 and if O'Shea continues winning, I'd happily pay him more for his third  contract.  No need to follow in the footsteps of our Sask. neighbours throwing money away on contract buyouts, especially since this regime has only produced one winning season so far.  A lot of bad things can happen in 4 years, believe it or not.

Typical Bombers. Reminds me of the Willy situation. He showed some talent and the Bombers rewarded him with a huge long term contract. O'Shea finally shows something after 2 years of almost complete failure and they want to give him a 3 or 4 year deal. How bout they give him 2 years and we see if he even gets a 2nd winning season before we go all out with a long term contract? 

I don't like the idea of 5 years for Walters either. I'd rather see a 2 year extension. Tons can change in a couple of years and I'd rather we didn't have to pay Walters out if he doesn't maintain this years level.