Incident at Banjo Bowl

Blueballz

last thing I'll say on the matter,

If the story is true, the bombers would need to explain the lack of security, especially at a sell out capacity game that is of course, the Banjo Bowl - that is... I wouldn't say notorious for shenanigans, but has had it's moments. If there was ever a time for beefed up security, it would be that game or the GC.  2ndly they would need to account for the crossing guard person who apparently took part at some point in this abuse. Again I dont know if they are directly involved with the club but they are organized from somewhere.  To sweep this issue under the rug is grossly negligent and what stops this from opening up a can of worms for the future that may or may not one day result in legal issues for the club?

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

There are too many posts in this thread over the last day that I wanted to quote and respond specifically to, but I just can't. I don't have that kind of time or energy.

But the overwhelming response in this thread that I've seen has made me so pissed off that I think I need to take a long breather from MBB. I'm so excited for the Bombers turning this season around, and have been posting a lot more of late because of that excitement, but I'm just bummed at humanity right now. ****.

Not to be a troll, but this is not the first time something like this has happened. I'm not sure how some of you can deny the story. It has been acknowledged as a real problem that has to be fixed. This is not only bad for the team, but for the league as well. It will chase new fans away altogether.

I appreciate what the team did to the boy. It was very generous, but they do need to ensure that something like this never happens again. This goes for all 9 teams.

To those about to mention the Riders, we pelted unopened beer cans at a player once, so we're not innocent either. 

Edited by AtlanticRiderFan

Realistically, this incident is not isolated to the Blue Bombers or to just Winnipeg.  Remember the child fan of the New York Islanders at MTS Centre.  Similar things happened and ended up in the news.  

There is a line and people should know better than to cross it.  It could be the alcohol, it could be the gang mentality, or both; but it needs to stop no matter what it is.

I've been to many sporting venues cheering for the visiting team.  It can be a lonely experience.  You have to be quite aware of you surroundings and know when to quit poking the bear.  I've covered my jersey on the concourse in some places.

The stories of fans getting beaten, stabbed and killed are true.  It happens in Europe, it's happened in LA/San Fran, and could happen anywhere.

People can be peed off at humanity or stop posting or whatever, but the facts are not clear in this case and it's not denial to say it. There are people out there who are abusive to fans of other teams as well as people who defraud welfare and Olympic swimmers who lie about getting mugged etc. "Humanity" is capable of both ends of the spectrum. No one has come forward that witnessed this so called event so for now we just have the word of the supposed victims. Not saying something didn't happen, not saying it did, but being skeptical doesn't make one a less compassionate human being. I have relatives who are police officers. One thing they've told me, never take anyone's story (criminal or victim) at face value until the facts are confirmed. Hate to break it to you, that is the kind of world we live in now. 

Edited by IC Khari

42 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Realistically, this incident is not isolated to the Blue Bombers or to just Winnipeg.  Remember the child fan of the New York Islanders at MTS Centre.  Similar things happened and ended up in the news.  

Not saying this is what happened.... but given how they were "rewarded" by the Jets organization, there is a possibility these fans at the Banjo Bowl were hoping for similar return.  No witnesses confirm the story, yet they got a "reward" for throwing out bad publicity.   Again... not saying this is the angle that was played, or the story is false.  But it's also possible they were just looking for freebies.  There's people who abuse the system too unfortunately.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah my one Jets game I go to last year and I get jumped by this guy....

len-kropioski.png

anyone recognize him?  I didn't get his name, just felt my face headbutt his fist a few times...

His name is Kroppy. He was 98 years on his passing. he passed away yesterday, September 13, 2016. god bless a great fan and an awesome veteran.

See, here's what I don't get.  If people were teasing my kid because he was wearing a green sweater, I'd tell him to take off his sweater to walk back to the car and show that he's wearing a Bomber shirt.  Boom, incident over.  I mean, it wasn't that cold on Saturday that the kid couldn't have walked 20 minutes or whatever to get back to their car.  It's simple stuff like this that doesn't make sense to me.  Take the damn sweater off.  And what fool let's their kid bring a green sweater to a Winnipeg vs Sask game when you're a Bomber fan?  Also, were there other Saskatchewan fans being razzed by all these people?

Yeah, sure, you could make the argument, why should he have to take his sweater off.  But if you're getting laid into by people, the first thing I'd do is rip my sweater off and show them I'm wearing a Bomber shirt and say "Look moron, I'm a Bomber fan!  I put the damn sweater on cause I was cold".  I dunno, that's just me.

And again...CBC articles...one sided and full of BS most of the time.  Not saying this whole thing was fabricated but...just feels like there are holes.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

People can be peed off at humanity or stop posting or whatever, but the facts are not clear in this case and it's not denial to say it. There are people out there who are abusive to fans of other teams as well as people who defraud welfare and Olympic swimmers who lie about getting mugged etc. "Humanity" is capable of both ends of the spectrum. No one has come forward that witnessed this so called event so for now we just have the word of the supposed victims. Not saying something didn't happen, not saying it did, but being skeptical doesn't make one a less compassionate human being. I have relatives who are police officers. One thing they've told me, never take anyone's story (criminal or victim) at face value until the facts are confirmed. Hate to break it to you, that is the kind of world we live in now. 

We have always lived in that world. We just have more access to hear the stories. There is less filtering of stories or fact checking before bringing stories to public. 

13 hours ago, IC Khari said:

I feel bad that I called her Java the Hut ... I may have to call her just a scam artist ;)

since no one knows who "Java the Hut" is anyway (a Hutterite that likes espressos?) I guess no harm no foul, but if it was a Star Wars reference then yeah it was a pretty low blow.

There will always be incidents where your better judgement or experience will raise flags. there will also be incidents that will be sensationalised by the media by clever editing of the tape, coaching or leading the interviewee. But in the end you are left with two choices. You accept it as is or you just accept it.  

Got to go and check how ISO is doing in his project to resign MOS.

3 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

It has been acknowledged as a real problem that has to be fixed.

How?   Let's assume that this all actually happened.  How do you stop someone from pouring a beer on a kid's head?  Mind-reading security?  Only let in "good people"?  Really, I'd love to hear how you prevent something like this.  I'll wait for your response.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

How?   Let's assume that this all actually happened.  How do you stop someone from pouring a beer on a kid's head?  Mind-reading security?  Only let in "good people"?  Really, I'd love to hear how you prevent something like this.  I'll wait for your response.

Upside down proof cups.

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Breathalyzers at the gate and vendors. Ive drank a lot at games and concerts but only times ive been ridiculously drunk was when I pregamed hard. Banning booze isnt the way but cutting off those that have had well beyond a reasonable amount might reduce such incidents

Innovative yet entirely impractical.  At what BAC does someone turn into a big enough ******* to dump a beer on a kid's head?  0.08?  0.15?  For some, it may be 0.01.  Not a reasonable solution.  No one is taking a breathalyzer to get into a football game or to buy a beer.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Innovative yet entirely impractical.  At what BAC does someone turn into a big enough ******* to dump a beer on a kid's head?  0.08?  0.15?  For some, it may be 0.01.  Not a reasonable solution.  No one is taking a breathalyzer to get into a football game or to buy a beer.

not sure, maybe go with whatever the legal limit is. We do have laws against public intoxiacation, dont see how just cuz you bought a ticket makes one suddenly exempt from the law.  I wouldnt want it to go that far, but time and time again we see a few Aholes ruin it for everyone else. To this day Im still pissed off I never got to really enjoy cheap draft night as that kid fell in the river off pembina 6 months after I turned 18 sparking that minimum pricing law

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not sure, maybe go with whatever the legal limit is. We do have laws against public intoxiacation, dont see how just cuz you bought a ticket makes one suddenly exempt from the law.  I wouldnt want it to go that far, but time and time again we see a few Aholes ruin it for everyone else. To this day Im still pissed off I never got to really enjoy cheap draft night as that kid fell in the river off pembina 6 months after I turned 18 sparking that minimum pricing law

There is a legal limit for driving (0.08) but no set limit for being drunk in public.  And like I said... some people are just jerks... doesn't matter how much alcohol they consume.  Most people, even when totally destroyed drunk, would not pour a beer on a child's head.  This isn't about drunkenness as much as it is about a terrible person acting terribly.