Official LDC GDT: Game Day, We All Play!

Noeller

1 minute ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

History smistory. We lost the game in the tretches vs an inferior opponent. I am still down about that as this is supposed to be the strength of this team.

Wasn't a pretty game, but they found a way to win in the end.  Would it have been nice to beat the Riders by 40?  Sure, but we still get two points in that standings.  So my suggestion is to step away from the ledge, it's going to be all right.

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Wasn't a pretty game, but they found a way to win in the end.  Would it have been nice to beat the Riders by 40?  Sure, but we still get two points in that standings.  So my suggestion is to step away from the ledge, it's going to be all right.

Nope I am finding  a bridge and ending it lol

How did we lose the game in the trenches?! More sacks for than against and forced turnovers on downs...  Big play mistakes happened but they kept it together enough to pull out the W.  The past 11 years things would snowball into a blowout.  How about we take a week of practice and see how they correct things

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

The offence is really going to need to pick things up for the remainder of the season.

Or we can continue to win one game a time exactly as we have: decent QB management of the O with tempo, critical forced D turnovers when needed, and a placekicker who is money.

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

Don't be too sure. This was an example of what can happen if the defence does not play lights-out all game and the offence just doesn't cash in opportunities. This is bound to happen again, and Durant is still a darned good quarterback. The Riders have a very good receiving corps and they were almost good enough. This has to get fixed or we will be having an entirely different conversation after the Banjo Bowl.

I definitely was overenthused about the Bombers.  Thought they were top three team. nope. The D line didn't look as good as it has last while. durant had too much time I thought.  Maybe Jake Thomas being out?

have to also admit that the riders are improving rapidly.

Edited by Mark F

Were we trying to be charitable???..I don't like our production once we hit the other teams end...Seems the play calling bogs us down and we desperately need a deep threat...I KNOW we can kick field goals ..I want to see sixes on the board...We also need to tighten up on D....Played too far off of the receivers and watched Durant play pitch and catch..This one was too close for my liking ...Hopefully the Banjo Bowl won't be as close and the riders get the worst beating of the year...Trounce those bu$$ers..

We've been talking a lot about Darian Durant in the Willy trade value thread and I think we caught a glimpse of Durant Prime this afternoon. He moved crisply in the pocket, stepped away from the rush calmly, threw bullet passes and a couple real nice long balls, made some opportunistic yards with his feet, and faked Leggett out of his adidas with an option play in the red zone. I don't think you can put either of his two picks on him, and he absolutely destroyed Adams after that first pick anyway.

(tho he did get kinda lucky when Cole let that easy one clank off his hands early.)

But for some crappy kicking and some marginal penalties and some terrible coaching he'd be 7-0 on Labour Day.  Looks like he's still got some in the tank, if he didn't play for a dumpster fire of a team I think people would be talking about this being a comeback season for him.  I wonder if he lands in Toronto or Montreal next year...

Edited by johnzo

Really entertaining game today and was thrilled to get a win. The Riders are and were a bad team, but Labour Day always brings out the best. They hung in there and then pounced when the Bombers couldn't put the game away. 

Its concerning that they still can't find ways to end drives in touchdowns. Some of that is playcalling but we also did just get unlucky a couple of times. If Sheppard hangs onto that ball at the end of the first half maybe that would have been the spark.

That flag on the game-winning drive is getting a lot of attention. Thought it was a pretty weak call for sure. If Jones hadn't wasted his second challenge for the fun of it, I think they would overturn the call. We've been screwed plenty by the refs in the past - and given their inconsistencies, will be in the future once again - so it happens. 

Hopefully the Riders' Labour Day "boost" wears off for Saturday. 

38 minutes ago, Ripper said:

This sums up Lawless's career, a Bomber fan through and through

Ripper, Ripper, Ripper.  With a guy like Pedersen ready, willing and able to prostitute himself anytime, anywhere, anyhow  Corky and company tell him to, do you really think a Rider fan should comment on any other media person in the entire universe?

Edited by WBBFanWest

One of the best games I've watched all year, despite the loss. To tell the truth, I was not impressed with the call, but there were many other variables that resulted in the loss, such as kicking and the TD earlier.

Still lots of problems to work out, but I believe the Riders are starting to go on the right track. I think we got a decent shot at the Banjo Bowl, but it will be tough. Hope its an exciting game for all of us!

I had a lot of laughs looking at the rider fans site. Such thin skinned disillusioned folks over there.

I love how one ticket tack call makes them believe they were screwed. Completely ignoring the fact that Durant had two bad interceptions, terrible Gambles from Jones,   a tonne of missed calls on the blue etc...