What are some of the other Bomber Message Boards?

B-F-F-C

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

On what level do you possibly see my post as being directed at anyone? It was a general more in addendum to Mike's post than anything. 

Strictly from personal experience, this is the only negative trend I see of late here.  I'd like to think I'm not a confrontational type on here; but when I have been it's been because people have responded to a post of mine and completely misrepresented the words I typed.  This seems to happen frequently to others who post more, and seems to be the root of all these little spats.

NOT a shot at anyone personally - but if you've got an issue with a poster, why not a) ignore b ) bring up with mods or c) avoid conversations with them?

A few posters on here come to mind; guys who's football opinions I really respect. We get into a "debate" on the general thread and for a second I hate these guys! Then I ask myself, what am I here for?  To have a great place to discuss football and the Jets - or to make friends and agree with everyone?  Once I cool down and remind myself of that, it becomes a much more enjoyable place.

Life's too short to have internet confrontations with faceless people online - in my opinion.

Enjoy the weekend, folks.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm a poster you dumb ****.

My post about “if you don’t agree with me I think you’re an idiot” wasn’t directed at you necessarily, just a general notice. Not sure what  a “mike buddy” is but it sounds fun. I say loads of stuff I would never say to some ones face…well maybe not loads. Maybe just a bunch. I talk a lot of **** in person too.

Sorry, drawing a blank.  Do you have a link to something interesting you've posted...?

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Quite honestly, I'm so tired of this "there are bullies" nonsense that gets thrown around here. I'm not a bully. Chase isn't a bully. Atomic isn't a bully.

There is literally not a single bully on this entire forum. There are strong opinions. There are people who tend to agree with eachother. There are people who tend to disagree with eachother. If you feel like you're being bullied (aka verbally abused, insulted, beaten down) then absolutely the staff will address it. If you feel like you're being bullied because your definition of the word is "someone who disagrees with my opinion", then toughen up. This is a discussion forum, not a sounding board.

TBURGESS probably hates it, but he's always my example when someone brings up this argument. He and I probably disagree on 90% of what we discuss on this forum, but I don't think he's ever referred to me as a bully. Do you know why? Because he actually likes to discuss his opinion. I may not agree with it, but he at least doesn't get all up in arms about it. He tells me why he thinks I'm wrong, I tell him why I think he's wrong, we discuss, we pick apart then we get over it and either agree or agree to disagree and we move on.

There are always a certain group of "victims" on any forum you will ever visit who are so strongly opinionated, but can not handle being addressed in return by an opposing strong opinion. This is a discussion forum where opinions are subject to - you guessed it - discussion. If you don't like your opinion being discussed, the internet is probably not the place to share it.

Really? <_<

I just want to say that Colin should shut down Our Bombers. It's just sad going over there & seeing what it has become. I still posted there occasionally but haven't in awhile. With that idiot Steingart there I don't plan on returning. Just kill it, Colin. OB is half dead anyway. End it with whatever dignity is left.

Edited by iso_55

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎28 at 10:39 PM, iso_55 said:

Dominated by Rider fans.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎29 at 10:02 AM, Mike said:

Quite honestly, I'm so tired of this "there are bullies" nonsense that gets thrown around here. I'm not a bully. Chase isn't a bully. Atomic isn't a bully.

There is literally not a single bully on this entire forum. There are strong opinions. There are people who tend to agree with eachother. There are people who tend to disagree with eachother. If you feel like you're being bullied (aka verbally abused, insulted, beaten down) then absolutely the staff will address it. If you feel like you're being bullied because your definition of the word is "someone who disagrees with my opinion", then toughen up. This is a discussion forum, not a sounding board.

TBURGESS probably hates it, but he's always my example when someone brings up this argument. He and I probably disagree on 90% of what we discuss on this forum, but I don't think he's ever referred to me as a bully. Do you know why? Because he actually likes to discuss his opinion. I may not agree with it, but he at least doesn't get all up in arms about it. He tells me why he thinks I'm wrong, I tell him why I think he's wrong, we discuss, we pick apart then we get over it and either agree or agree to disagree and we move on.

There are always a certain group of "victims" on any forum you will ever visit who are so strongly opinionated, but can not handle being addressed in return by an opposing strong opinion. This is a discussion forum where opinions are subject to - you guessed it - discussion. If you don't like your opinion being discussed, the internet is probably not the place to share it.

Yeah you and TB do have differences of opinions that's for sure. But look at it this way - No Nasty Nate around here - which is a blessing I guess - although I do miss him stoking up the fires so to speak. I enjoy this site along with a few others. I have known Colin for a number of years (ever since Total-CFL days) but seldom visit his site. This site is by far the best. Really miss the old Total-CFL days though - lots of top notch posters that have gone on to other sites. And lots of pitched battles back then.!

4 hours ago, BBRT said:

Yeah you and TB do have differences of opinions that's for sure. But look at it this way - No Nasty Nate around here - which is a blessing I guess - although I do miss him stoking up the fires so to speak. I enjoy this site along with a few others. I have known Colin for a number of years (ever since Total-CFL days) but seldom visit his site. This site is by far the best. Really miss the old Total-CFL days though - lots of top notch posters that have gone on to other sites. And lots of pitched battles back then.!

Myk Aussie sure killed that site when he bought it charging people to join & watch his lame videos. Is it still around?

7 hours ago, BBRT said:

The biggest problem with Nate was no matter what the topic was he would hijack the thread to beat whatever dead horse topic (usually Lyle) or add his awful nicknames, often making his posts nonsensical and incoherent. 

I'll take the current state of MBB over that any day. 

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Wait... what? there is an ignore feature? Where?

if you click the down arrow by your user name top right corner of your top bar (scroll all the way to the top) by mail, notification etc just type in the name you want to block and what you want to block from them. If only it worked in the chat too.