Does a blow out at home Thursday get MOS fired?

Does a blow out at home Thursday get MOS fired?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out at home Thursday get MOS fired?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Richie at 16-20 and Lapo at 16-28 actually both have better records than O'Shea at 13-27. 

8-10 honestly sounds pretty great right about now, and NO I don't' want Richie or Lapo as our coach next year.

Hall and Lapo are the same as what you got, nice guys. MOS needs to grow a set and start getting meaner, this can't pull Drew because it might hurt his feelings crap is getting old. I agree with others, problem is higher up the ladder

4 minutes ago, holoman said:

Seems this board is the wrong people to ask if people should get fired.

People on this board wanted Doug Berry gone, but he's the last guy that consistently made the playoffs. 

We never should have fired Berry.  He made the playoffs all three years and got fired for it.  Ridiculous.

The options for HC are slim even if they wait till the off-season.  Not many worthy HC's candidates currently unemployed that I can think of so it comes down to hiring an experienced coordinator that's never been a HC before (Steinhauer, Thorpe) or stealing away a HC from another CFL team.  The first possibility is more likely but a bigger risk as we've seen all too often a good coordinator does not always make a good HC.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lyle Bauer wanted to do a solid for his buddy Mike Kelly who was sure to send the Bombers on to glory... except it dug a hole so deep we're still trying to get out of it. 

Bauer is soon to be inducted in the Reign of Horror.  We have several other candidates awaiting their turn. 

40 minutes ago, holoman said:

Seems this board is the wrong people to ask if people should get fired.

People on this board wanted Doug Berry gone, but he's the last guy that consistently made the playoffs. 

when thing get rough, it gets toxic in here. Lots of people wanted dave ritchie fired too. Fans here are quick to drink the hatorade. 

I dont think there is any chance any one gets fired, cut, or benched of impact before LD. 

The problem in firing a coach mid-season lies not in the firing for cause, but in replacing him with another poor choice. There are no easy choices, and the GM has to decide which is the lesser of two evils- keeping a poor coach on with the attending message that repeated failure is acceptable and without consequence or a roll of the dice.

I don't have a "schtick" and I'm certainly not trolling. It's a legitimate question. But it's not unsurprising that some folks are more interested in slinging mud than having a rational discussion over O'Shea. O'Shea has such a terrible resume that, really, the only defence of him at this point is to plug ones ears and shout down anyone with an opposing view.

"MOS's record is x number of games below .500"

response: TROLL!! 

"MOS only had 3 seasons coaching experience prior to being hired, and that was as an ST coordinator"

response: ugh, running people out of town i see!!

"will another embarrassing home blow out put the coaches job in jeopardy?"

response: oh isnt this just SO typical you!!

Obviously paraphrasing. It seems that our fan base has become sharply divided into 2 camps, and people can't seem to meet in the middle to have a rational chat about it. I understand that comes off as hypocritical because during game days I can fly off the handle in chat (I own that and it's my bad) but on these threads I try and be as subjective as I can, especially lately with emotions running high.

59 minutes ago, White Out said:

I don't have a "schtick" and I'm certainly not trolling. It's a legitimate question. But it's not unsurprising that some folks are more interested in slinging mud than having a rational discussion over O'Shea. O'Shea has such a terrible resume that, really, the only defence of him at this point is to plug ones ears and shout down anyone with an opposing view.

"MOS only had 3 seasons coaching experience prior to being hired, and that was as an ST coordinator"

Obviously paraphrasing. It seems that our fan base has become sharply divided into 2 camps, and people can't seem to meet in the middle to have a rational chat about it. I understand that comes off as hypocritical because during game days I can fly off the handle in chat (I own that and it's my bad) but on these threads I try and be as subjective as I can, especially lately with emotions running high.

Not much division on this question, the poll shows it's roughly 90% vs. 10%.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

1 hour ago, White Out said:

The rose-coloured glasses folks try to control every message board by using words like troll, etc. so don't take it personally.  If they had their way, changes would never be made and kumbaya would be sung after every losing game.  I'm exaggerating, but I find those at either end of the spectrum (always positive or always negative) impossible to chat with because they're never objective.  Your question is a good one.  Would a second embarrassment to Calgary, this time on our home turf, cause a coaching change?  I think it would cause more concern with Walters and Miller than some think.  If they're badly beaten by Calgary, I think the four-day window to the next game saves him.  But if they go 1-5 there's a good chance they'll make a change.  They have to start winning to help the bottom line.  Let's hope we can upset Calgary and put the topic to rest for a while.

19 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

A win tonight will be a big boost to the morale of the team and will surely get that big gorilla (6 consecutive loss vs Cgy) off their back. 

not that I'm trying to defend our record against Calgary... but it's actually only 4 games... last won in Calgary Nov 1, 2014...

49 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This will be a weekly topic until O'Shea is fired or the Bombers win 2 to 3 games in a row. As they haven't done that for 2 years now, I can guess which one we're waiting for.

Some of the coaching staff is on death row, pretty obvious to everyone. Who or when is all that remains to be seen.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎19 at 6:33 PM, TBURGESS said:

O'Shea should have been fired at the end of last season, but they'll give him more time even if we lose bad this week.

agree 100% - regardless of the record MOS is safe at least  to the Labor Day Match Ups. If he wins one or two during that time frame he will be safe for the balance of the year - then they (the talking heads) will re-assess blah blah blah.

Same Bat Station Same Bat Channel - Same results as the last two years.

On 7/20/2016 at 1:48 PM, Atomic said:

But the new coach would be Lapo and we already know he wouldn't do any of those things because we've seen it before. 

The past doens't always predict the future.. Lapo called vanilla offensive schemes last go around, and this go around he seems to be mixing it up a alot and leaving the defense confused at times.. Lucky for the defense, our qb has issues connecting with recievers.

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If you fire people in the offseason all those players you sent a poor message to are gone anyway because they aren't good enough. We've tried this firing the coach thing before thinking that it would have a big impact, but since Ritchie was fired the best this team has accomplished is 2 seasons of better than .500. Firing coaches clearly isn't the answer.

Firing Coaches isn't the answer?

We Changed Gms, Coaches, Players, qb, Presidents and even a ******* stadium.

So apparently changing everything hasn't made a difference so are you suggesting we don't do anything?  The coach runs the show, The gms bring in the players and hires the coach, the president hires the gm.  So..  The gm has not brought in enough good players to make a difference yet (qb, reciever whatever) so thast on the gm.  The GM hired the coach and he is failing.

Only one possible outcome, you replace the people failing.  A coaching change has a possible positive outcome. so i think you do it if you figure you are going to fire them anyhow.. Whats the worst that happens? you continue to lose?

I'm not in firing anyone mode yet, but i care less and less about football each week as i'm not excited as i don't think we can win until something changes (players playing better, replaced, something)