Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Should have refused to start the game until the put the mics on and if they didn't, forfeit the game.

The Eskimos didn't tell anybody they weren't participating. TSN first thought there were technical difficulties with the mics until they realized that the Eskimos weren't wearing them.

I don't know what to think the punishment is going to be. CFL punishments are normally a joke, but you're now pissing off a huge $$$$ contributor to the league.

Good on the Riders for unloading dead salary.   Get a few picks as a nice bonus.   

Edmonton should be fined.

Going forward they should have certain players Mic'd up... the more vocal guys who are not the QB or HC.   Someone like Westerman would be fun to listen to. 

12 hours ago, Mark F said:

seems reasonable.

Actually it's unreasonable which is why they should have done it. Mass would never have allowed it and would have capitulated.  But the issue is the league has to call the shots. 

But since no one knew it's a moot point. Make them mic up next weekend. Realistically for thumbing their nose at a league directive it should be a significant punishment.  Take away a draft pick 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Actually it's unreasonable which is why they should have done it. Mass would never have allowed it and would have capitulated.  But the issue is the league has to call the shots. 

But since no one knew it's a moot point. Make them mic up next weekend. Realistically for thumbing their nose at a league directive it should be a significant punishment.  Take away a draft pick 

They didn't punish Saskatchewan that much for far more egregious violations. I think the Esks get fined and Maas has to be mic'd up for an entire week - at home and work.

Imagine the ratings of the all Maas channel. Ketchup or Catsup? 

16 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

The Eskimos didn't tell anybody they weren't participating. TSN first thought there were technical difficulties with the mics until they realized that the Eskimos weren't wearing them.

I don't know what to think the punishment is going to be. CFL punishments are normally a joke, but you're now pissing off a huge $$$$ contributor to the league.

We have been fined with no hesitations from the league. No reason why this shouldn't be dealt with quickly. 10k fine 

On 10/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, Ripper said:

TRANSACTION SUMMARY

To Saskatchewan:
National DL Linden Gaydosh
International WR Tommy Streeter
2017 4th round CFL Draft selection
2017 7th round CFL Draft Selection

To Hamilton:
National DL Justin Capicciotti
International OL Xavier Fulton

My first thought was that Sask comes away as winner in this trade... but I didn't realize Gaydosh's injury situation was so bad... apparently he may never play again...

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Whatever they get fined ought to come off their cap. That will help make the point.

Make what point? That making up rules after the fact is acceptable?

Do you guys actually think not wearing mic's is even remotely the same as the blatant cheating from the moron's in the rectangle?

I didn't even notice they weren't using them till the booth brought it up, how many of you easily outraged people did?

I get that they are a competitor but seriously.....

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Do you guys actually think not wearing mic's is even remotely the same as the blatant cheating from the moron's in the rectangle?

I didn't even notice they weren't using them till the booth brought it up, how many of you easily outraged people did?

You don't see a problem with breaking an agreement with the league's main broadcast partner, which incidentally is also its main source of revenue?

34 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

You don't see a problem with breaking an agreement with the league's main broadcast partner, which incidentally is also its main source of revenue?

Of course I do but to say it's anything remotely like what the Rider's did and continue to do is ridiculous. I have no issue with them being fined but I certainly do not think Edmonton gained an unfair advantage that they should have forfeited or lose cap space for?

I expect this sort of blind hate fuelled reaction at riderfans, however this site has proven to be of higher caliber than that dung pile :)

If they are fined then shouldn't the producer who tweeted about it be fined the same as Bo Levi was?

Edited by Al Bundy
spelling

7 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Prior to the game I was watching some video on the TSN website were they interviewed both Reilly and Maas about wearing the mics.  Neither seemed to have any problem with the plan at the time.