Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I'd have to think that with number like this, he has to be a lock for our ROTY nominee.  Fogg had an early lead and definitely still deserves to be mentioned, but I can't imagine Loffler not getting the nod.

Being Canadian is just the icing on the cake, but Loffler has been very good out there. Never mind the stats, he has thrown some big hits also and is making a name for himself. I'm not sure what CFL rookie is going to beat him to win it, I can't think of one.

It looks like Ricky Ray will be back in the huddle this week when the Argos visit Calgary. Drew Willy, who has gone 0-3 and has only passed for 528 yards since taking over for Ray, may have a shoulder injury according to Head Coach Scott Milanovich. The Argos take on the Stampeders on Friday as they look to keep their playoff hopes alive with a win (and a Hamilton loss).

This should have been obvious to anyone who watched his play this year, did the Bombers sell the Argos damaged goods or did they know exactly what they were getting? I can't help but get the feeling that league is going to somehow screw us out of that draft pick.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

This is really just training people not to buy tickets early ... more so then they are already.

The CFL is like a university case study in how not to run a business.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised to see Orridge announce that Manziel is TO's new franchise QB for 2017...

1 hour ago, Rich said:

This is really just training people not to buy tickets early ... more so then they are already.

Do the people who already bought tickets get partial refunds down to the new price?  Seems like a bit of a joke... Of course good news for me if the Bombers make it cuz I'll be buying

https://bomberbuzz.com/2016/02/23/are-we-witnessing-the-demise-of-jim-popp/.  Pretty interesting article from last Febuary highlighting the reasons for Als being so far over the cap then. Kinda sheds a little light on happenings in that organization over the last few weeks. Can't see Popp surviving this offseason, if he does Montreal is in big trouble.

7 minutes ago, coach17 said:

https://bomberbuzz.com/2016/02/23/are-we-witnessing-the-demise-of-jim-popp/.  Pretty interesting article from last Febuary highlighting the reasons for Als being so far over the cap then. Kinda sheds a little light on happenings in that organization over the last few weeks. Can't see Popp surviving this offseason, if he does Montreal is in big trouble.

I take offense to this statement:

" I don’t care if it’s only February; that, people, is an absolute catastrophic disaster. Like, Triple-Bogey-on-a-par-three type disaster. "

I mean... triple bogie on a par three is perfectly normal... right??

9 minutes ago, coach17 said:

I can't understand how he's employed still to be honest.

He's a terrible GM who inherited an all-time great at the most important position on the field and has been living off it ever since. Ever since he's been forced to build a team without Calvillo, he's been far and away the most disappointing front office member in the entire CFL.

He's a great talent scout and if he was canned, I'd have no problem if we were to hire him and truthfully, I'm quite sure he could get work as a NFL scout if he chose to, but as a GM he's absolutely miserable. The list of his mistakes reads like a novel.

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I take offense to this statement:

" I don’t care if it’s only February; that, people, is an absolute catastrophic disaster. Like, Triple-Bogey-on-a-par-three type disaster. "

I mean... triple bogie on a par three is perfectly normal... right??

Better than normal - you shot TWO pars on the same hole.  That's a superior achievement.

Popp built a lot of his reputation through his drafting.  Josh Bourke has to be considered one of his grand slam hits, and I don't recall anyone drafting futures with the frequency and success that he did.  He built a dynasty doing that.

Edited by mbrg
case of the mondays