Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

... do we need an upgrade at receiver all that badly?

I would like to get Gurley but truthfully, he's the only one of the three I had any interest in whatsoever. But with Darvin Adams returning in a couple games and our ratio allowing us to play 4 imports, why exactly do we have such a pressing need at receiver? Truthfully, Gurley would be a luxury for us.

Seems like everyone is just overreacting, to be honest.

Is Adams back for sure Mike?? and are you going by what O'Shea said who has been known to stretch those returning times..lol..What if he's not ready...I'll agree Gurley is the guy I want signed BUT maybe he knows that and is playing his cards close to his chest hoping for a lot more than we want to pay???Don't know...As for your question..'do we need an upgrade at receiver that badly'?... Anytime you can upgrade and it's in front of your face you go after it...unless you think we have what it takes to be Cup bound...I don't think we have that at this time and a lot of fans following this club don't think so either..I'd sure like the group of receivers we have now, to prove me wrong, and if you believe Mike O I guess we do...We'll see.

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Everyone is making this grand assumption that these players are all far superior to what we already have, which is just patently false. Sure, we could use a big body, but I'm not convinced it's gotta be these guys. If The Trinity decide they can help, and decide to bring someone in, great...but if not, we'll roll with what we have. 

Well I've watched Gurley's play for the last couple years....I think he cracks our line-up easily...Maybe your definition of superior is a little different than mine??

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So signing Gurley will help us with our lack of pass rush and our inability to stop BLM or Reilly?

Hazelton was so good that he lost his starting job and then was cut?

Not unless Gurley is another Adam Bighill....if he is then he might put the stop on Bo and Reilly...Don't think Gurely will help us in the stop dept. but he sure can move the ball downfield on offence...As for Hazelton... his play didn't seem to bother the esks. as they signed him today.

Edited by Stickem

Status quo certainly isn't going to cut it.   Every playoff bound teams are making  upgrades for a run at the Cup.  The Bombers need to do the same.  No one said that Dressler needs to be replaced, however I think Gurly and Elliott  are definitely an upgrade over Sheppard, Mayo and perhaps even Smith. The DLine definitely needs to be shaken up as well.  There has been options presented lately and I'm sure the bombers have tried to sign some of these guys, but  Walters needs to try and find a way to seal the deal because those other teams are going  to start pulling away. 

There's no guarantee Adams comes back healthy, nor that he doesn't revert back to his inconsistent play of last year. Counting on him to be a game breaker when he returns to the line up isn't safe money in my opinion. Ryan Smith has been next to useless this year aside from the Calgary game, maybe he'll have more success if he's in the slot, but at wide out? We'd be better sticking a big bodied Canadian scrub in that spot. Denmark makes some big plays, but still he's a smaller guy and definitely a secondary option.

Weston Dressler carries this entire dead weight receiving core. I honestly have no idea how we managed to have so much success without him, it's really a testament to how well our O-line has played with Bond instead of Neufeld as well as how big of an upgrade from Drew Willy we've gotten with Matt Nichols.

55 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Gurley or Elliot fill the need for a big receiver that our team lacks imo. Either would be an upgrade over Smith and Denmark (pick which one you'd take out).

Our receivers are too small. Hell Dressler/Smith/Denmark/McDuffie is 5-7, 5-7, 5-10, 5-8. That's a smurfs team.

55 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Gurley or Elliot fill the need for a big receiver that our team lacks imo. Either would be an upgrade over Smith and Denmark (pick which one you'd take out).

Our receivers are too small. Hell Dressler/Smith/Denmark/McDuffie is 5-7, 5-7, 5-10, 5-8. That's a smurfs team.

I feel the ned

Edited by coach17
Pushed save to. Soon

Just now, iso_55 said:

These guys are available & the team should go after them. Our receiving corps needs upgrading. What's wrong with competition? IF we sign Gurley & Adams comes back then they have to compete for the starting spot. That makes them better & the entire offense better.

I would be absolutely giddy if our starting 3 were Dressler, Adams & Gurley, giddy I tell you, giddy.

30 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

so I guess they should let them go then because they haven't proven themselves?

They obviously haven't proven enough in practice thus far to be able to crack the line up.  Gurly and Elliot have proven they can play and play big. 

Gurley would be an upgrade to our receiving corps and add another dimension to our offence. This can't even be argued.

Do we really need him? -  Well, do we really want to get better?

This addition would make our team better. No question.

Adams isn't here yet. So what? When he's back, then we'll have even more options. 

If I were Walters, I'd give up my next meal and go sign this Hurdy-Gurley guy right now.

Let's get serious...and show it.