Main Camp

Floyd

16 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Chris Randle was one of the best DB's in the league pre injury. I just don't understand how a guy like Bucknor could be pushing him for the starting job regardless of passport. 

perhaps what was meant was that Bucknor was literally standing behind Randle and breathing down his neck, cause taking that statement any other way is just ludicrous. Only way Bucknor plays ahead of Randle is if they are desperate to have the NI starter there. 

19 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Chris Randle was one of the best DB's in the league pre injury. I just don't understand how a guy like Bucknor could be pushing him for the starting job regardless of passport. 

2 years ago.....nothing wrong with someone else trying to push someone out if they're better.

LB is shaping up to be one of the more interesting things to watch at TC. Going by MOS's comments about the LB's being interchangeable (can play outside or inside), and knowing that they will probably rotate a lot as the DC likes to do that, I think it's possible we keep all of them, at least to start the season. 

Edited by IC Khari

Below is a pretty good look at the Blue Bomber secondary through the eyes of ???.

One thing I do know about him is...he's not a Demond Washington fan. (The departure of the four-year Bomber, who somehow earned a contract in free agency with Hamilton, truly was addition by subtraction at it’s finest.)

In this blog, the writer states "The Bombers have some extremely intriguing rookies"   "The Bombers also have exceptional Canadian depth in the secondary, as Taylor Loffler is not far from being pro ready, while Teague Sherman and Derek Jones both have started games."

"Chris Randle, one of the league’s most underrated cover-men during his time as a corner, could slot in at boundary halfback or field-side corner depending on if the Bombers choose to roll with an All-American secondary"

"Johnny Patrick’s ability to switch from corner to safety has certainly caught the attention of the coaching staff, but it’s been Kevin Fogg that has been earning more praise than any rookie defensive back at Blue Bombers training camp. With interceptions in both of the first two practices, the Liberty product, who seems to resemble Bruce Johnson with his outstanding change of direction skills, has received reps with the first-team unit at boundary halfback. Seeing as he’s earned those reps over some extremely talented football players in Julian Posey, Donald Celiscar and veteran defender Chris Randle, it’s not hard to envision Fogg bursting onto the scene and becoming Winnipeg’s 2016 version of Johnny Adams."

"The Bombers have a plethora of options in the secondary, and with three elite players as well as Chris Randle to build around, the Bombers defensive backfield could reach new heights that perhaps not even Ottawa will see in 2016 if a couple of these young defenders – be it Fogg, Patrick or Posey – are as good as advertised."

https://bomberbuzz.com/2016/06/02/bombers-defensive-backfield-could-rival-ottawa-in-2016/

2 hours ago, Mike said:

To be fair, we got Michael Couture for Chris Greaves and that's a pretty worthwhile trade in my mind.

To be more fair, it would be more accurate to say we got Corney for Greaves. We had the 10th pick no matter what, and I doubt we take Corney if we didn't have the 9th pick as well. I would have been shocked if our first pick in the draft wasn't an OL. Couture would have been our selection with or without the Greaves trade imo. I believe we took Corney first simply to take some contract negotiation leverage away from Couture.

6 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

To be more fair, it would be more accurate to say we got Corney for Greaves. We had the 10th pick no matter what, and I doubt we take Corney if we didn't have the 9th pick as well. I would have been shocked if our first pick in the draft wasn't an OL. Couture would have been our selection with or without the Greaves trade imo. I believe we took Corney first simply to take some contract negotiation leverage away from Couture.

Somebody tell Couture to fire his agent then.

Ok everyone, sorry it took so long but while we have sun that lawn needed a trim!

From my eyes of course:

Buckner picked off willy 1st play of scrimmage and ran it back for a score.The defense is gelling together nicely, the boys are fired up. He may not take Randles job but he needs to be used on the field. Practiced with a lot of fire today. Maybe Randle moves to B Johnson's spot, he looked a little shaky on the plays I saw him on.

Few plays later Bass had a pick, this time of Nichols.

Oline breaking a number of runs through, really nice end around by R Smith, dude is a lot of fun to watch can't wait to see him on labour day!

McDuffie looks really good, a number of solid grabs in drills and scrimmage, I must be missing something because I can't see why a team would cut a guy like him. His hands are solid and he makes guys miss on special teams.

Harris very vocal when taking repsoff, big time leader... more gushing about him going to be huge for us this season and so on....

No way is medlock punting.... looks like Castillo may be out of a job... Pavlopoulos had a cpl 60+ boots.... a **** tonne of hang time. His first was a squib, I made the irrational decision to write him off and then 3 huge kicks with nice direction... wow.

Hurl made a really nice stop on Harris in the backfield, I don't know if it was solid instinct by Hurl or a missed assignment by OL but give credit where its due, he made a nice play.

Jesse Briggs.... he better be a demon on special teams this year because it's hard to believe he's going to beat out many of our other LB's or Canadians.

Darvin Adams...my man, made some really nice catches, Willy loves the guy, they are always talking giving each other props. He isn't going anywhere. But you can begin to see some standouts in WR corps. Besides the obvious, J Davis will make the team, Mayo had some nice catches, Talley look like they belong. Cone looks like one, Jean still can't catch worth blank, and doubt Bastien makes the club (we just have better options, no slight on the guy), and Richards still looks a little rough, but think he can turn things around once he feels more comfortable after rehab. I can't imagine him being on anything but the PR or IR to start season.

Who else....guys like Kearney looked comfortable, moves very stealthy broke some passes. Moe Leggett had a pick, looked like a stud, he hung out a bit with the other NFL guys today, looked like Wilson, Patrick are going to make it tough on the coach. These boys are always working...

Loffler was a lot of fun to watch today, he flies around the field.

Watched a little of the OL/DL one on ones and didn't see anyone really jump of the page besides Bryant.

Macho is terrible... nuff said.

Not really organized but thoughts throughout practice.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Patrick, Foff, Posey, Sherman, Celiscar, Loffler, Morgan, Kearney, Green are among the DBs joining the ones we already have in camp. Surely, there is enough talent and experience in these guys that will allow the Bombers to release the safety valve they feel they have in M. Harris.

Plus getting rid of Macho early will give the Natls. a better crack as his replacement.  I hate when they employ placeholders such as LJ Shell.  Point is it's pointless.

11 hours ago, Mike said:

The way you're acting is portraying it as if it was an active choice they made to NOT go pick a Canadian lineman off the Canadian lineman tree.

If the problems were as easy to solve as you're making them out to be, Canadian OL wouldn't be considered as valuable as they are.

They may have to go International at RT if Neufeld continues with injury issues. Scouts will have to bring in some tackles.  I'd have preferred they'd have done more during the off season to address the issue. Since he got here & even in his time with the Riders, Neufeld hasn't shown he can play an entire year or be depended upon. Giving him a starting spot on the OL at RT with his injury track record is extremely risky.

Edited by iso_55